+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Calling all Facebook Experts......

    Hi all

    As the title suggests, I have no idea when it comes to face book! I have decided to take the plunge and maybe sign up. BUT, before I do I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.
    Before I ask my questions, here's a little back ground.....
    I was on face book many years ago. I decided years back to can it, as I got sick and tired of the dramas it was creating in my family. No one in the family thought it was important to catch up any more, face to face as everyone knew what each other was up too because of face book. My mum would misconstrue what other family members posted or commented on and get her knickers in a knot and call me either crying or yelling. THIS is why I gave it up. She is a total DRAMA queen!! Im not telling her im back on, I dont want a repeat of last time. I just want to be able to connect with my friends with out being obligated to being friends with her too. Does that make sense??

    Now for my questions...

    1.Can I hide my profile on face book so she cant find me?
    2. If I send a friends request to my sister, and she accepts, how can I block her from seeing this? She is friends with my sister. Will she get a notification saying "Nicole is now friends with Louise"

    Thanks for you help in advance. See, I really don't know the in's and out's of this virtual world..haha!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Loumoo View Post
    Hi all

    As the title suggests, I have no idea when it comes to face book! I have decided to take the plunge and maybe sign up. BUT, before I do I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.
    Before I ask my questions, here's a little back ground.....
    I was on face book many years ago. I decided years back to can it, as I got sick and tired of the dramas it was creating in my family. No one in the family thought it was important to catch up any more, face to face as everyone knew what each other was up too because of face book. My mum would misconstrue what other family members posted or commented on and get her knickers in a knot and call me either crying or yelling. THIS is why I gave it up. She is a total DRAMA queen!! Im not telling her im back on, I dont want a repeat of last time. I just want to be able to connect with my friends with out being obligated to being friends with her too. Does that make sense??

    Now for my questions...

    1.Can I hide my profile on face book so she cant find me?
    2. If I send a friends request to my sister, and she accepts, how can I block her from seeing this? She is friends with my sister. Will she get a notification saying "Nicole is now friends with Louise"

    Thanks for you help in advance. See, I really don't know the in's and out's of this virtual world..haha!!
    1. Yes, you can make yourself un-searchable and hidden.

    2. Once you are on, you can block your mum and she will not be able to see anything you do, comment on or friends you make etc.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

    BerryDelicious  (02-03-2015)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    [QUOTE=HeavenBlue;8117235]1. Yes, you can make yourself un-searchable and hidden.

    Can you tell me how I do this.....See, I have no clue..

    2. Once you are on, you can block your mum and she will not be able to see anything you do, comment on or friends you make etc.[/QUOTE

    But because she is friends with my sister, will she get that notification that my sister is friends with me?? You get me....

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,147
    Thanks
    3,484
    Thanked
    2,006
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

    Default Calling all Facebook Experts......

    [QUOTE=Loumoo;8117246]
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    1. Yes, you can make yourself un-searchable and hidden.

    Can you tell me how I do this.....See, I have no clue..

    2. Once you are on, you can block your mum and she will not be able to see anything you do, comment on or friends you make etc.[/QUOTE

    But because she is friends with my sister, will she get that notification that my sister is friends with me?? You get me....
    The un-searchable part is in your privacy settings. I would have to start up my laptop and go to the full site if you need a step by step as I use the phone app 99.9% of the time.

    Also in privacy is a blocking mechanism. You can type your mums name in and then select her. She is then blocked from seeing all of your activity. This includes friendships.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    [QUOTE=HeavenBlue;8117252]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loumoo View Post

    The un-searchable part is in your privacy settings. I would have to start up my laptop and go to the full site if you need a step by step as I use the phone app 99.9% of the time.
    No, dont go to the trouble, Thanks for helping though

    Also in privacy is a blocking mechanism. You can type your mums name in and then select her. She is then blocked from seeing all of your activity. This includes friendships.
    Because my sister hasn't blocked her, im guessing that she will get the friends notification from her side, if you get what I mean.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked
    125
    Reviews
    0
    [QUOTE=Loumoo;8117267]
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Because my sister hasn't blocked her, im guessing that she will get the friends notification from her side, if you get what I mean.
    She won't. She won't be able to see ANYTHING involving you, comments, who becomes friends with you (even if she is friends with them) and she won't be able to search you at all. If you block her, it's like you aren't on FB at all.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChelleBH For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (02-03-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Any HR experts
    By clbj in forum Maternity & Parental Leave
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 20:48
  2. Carers Leave -any HR experts out there?
    By AmyEL in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-07-2014, 09:50
  3. Crochet experts - help!
    By JR03 in forum Crafts and Hobbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 21:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Storksak‘A Place for Everything, and Everything in its Place’ - that is award winning Storksak’s formula for creating a ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Help! Clexane and pregnantpregnancy and babies through IVF
Delightful DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Teacher giftsGeneral Chat
Would you rather ...#4Games & fun stuff
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #3pregnancy and babies through IVF
Going crazy TTCConception issues & ttc
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›