+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 473
  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,692
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked
    383
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Yeah, to me it always came across as a brother/sister relationship when reading the books but now I get where the shippers are coming from...maybe they end up having a secret affair after years of marriage!
    Haha imagine the Rita skeeter story on that

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (13-03-2015)

  3. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,470
    Thanks
    1,368
    Thanked
    2,919
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (13-03-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (14-03-2015)

  5. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    .
    Last edited by Sariele; 13-03-2015 at 06:16.

  6. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Even though I love the canon relationships, this is why I love you!


    I have to watch that vid now! I haven't watched many H/Hr vids, as they just make me wistful.

    Lol, as for them having an affair, I do remember just after the release of DH, someone on a pro-H/Hr forum had an avatar that was a handwritten note saying something like: "Dear Ron and Ginny, we've taken our badly-named children and eloped. Harry and Hermione." *evil grin* (even though it's silly).

    Ultimate vindication was the JKR interview with Emma Watson though, and the one with Melissa Anelli (sp?) where she said "it could have gone that way". That made me feel a lot better to know that she was finally acknowledging that there was at least an element of romantic potential between Harry and Hermione.

    I never saw them as brother/sister at all (unsurprisingly), in fact I thought Ron and Hermione's incessant bickering was a lot more sibling-like for most of the series. I guess it just depends what kind of literary relationship you like. I'm a lot more partial to the "best friends who have a sudden realisation" scenario than I am to the "bickering and tension hides 'true feelings'" thing. I never liked Han and Leia for that reason!

    Anyway, I'll stop going on about it, I just have a lot of pent-up fan rage even after all these years, bahaha.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (13-03-2015),FrothyFrog  (13-03-2015)

  8. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,638
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    .
    Why you be deleting stuff, woman!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post


    I have to watch that vid now! I haven't watched many H/Hr vids, as they just make me wistful.

    Lol, as for them having an affair, I do remember just after the release of DH, someone on a pro-H/Hr forum had an avatar that was a handwritten note saying something like: "Dear Ron and Ginny, we've taken our badly-named children and eloped. Harry and Hermione." *evil grin* (even though it's silly).

    Ultimate vindication was the JKR interview with Emma Watson though, and the one with Melissa Anelli (sp?) where she said "it could have gone that way". That made me feel a lot better to know that she was finally acknowledging that there was at least an element of romantic potential between Harry and Hermione.

    I never saw them as brother/sister at all (unsurprisingly), in fact I thought Ron and Hermione's incessant bickering was a lot more sibling-like for most of the series. I guess it just depends what kind of literary relationship you like. I'm a lot more partial to the "best friends who have a sudden realisation" scenario than I am to the "bickering and tension hides 'true feelings'" thing. I never liked Han and Leia for that reason!

    Anyway, I'll stop going on about it, I just have a lot of pent-up fan rage even after all these years, bahaha.
    I always read Ron and Hermione's bickering as hiding their feelings for each other. The more we talk about this the more I'm thinking that she would've been better with Harry but then who would Ron have? I guess it would be another example of Harry Potter getting everything including the brilliantly clever best friend that he and Ron shared.

  9. #156
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    2,842
    Thanked
    1,467
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I always read Ron and Hermione's bickering as hiding their feelings for each other. The more we talk about this the more I'm thinking that she would've been better with Harry but then who would Ron have? I guess it would be another example of Harry Potter getting everything including the brilliantly clever best friend that he and Ron shared.
    Ron could have had Cho or Luna or Lavender...

    I always liked the friends realising they liked each other too over bickering.

  10. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,470
    Thanks
    1,368
    Thanked
    2,919
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Nomsie  (14-03-2015)

  12. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,638
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    Ron could have had Cho or Luna or Lavender...

    I always liked the friends realising they liked each other too over bickering.
    Not Cho, definitely not Cho. I did think that he and Luna had something of a connection. She would've been good for him, I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    This had me in stitches!!!

  13. #159
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,173
    Thanks
    6,423
    Thanked
    16,376
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I like Ron and Hermione.

    Harry and Luna (or Cho).

    Draco and harvs, er...

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (14-03-2015),FrothyFrog  (13-03-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (13-03-2015)

  15. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,466
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    34
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I adore Luna, I could see Harry with Luna. I'm not the biggest Harry and Ginny fan personally.


 

Similar Threads

  1. How is there not a Harry Potter discussion thread???
    By Apple iPhart6 in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 981
    Last Post: 20-02-2015, 10:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›