@leyshoja my FS does day 3 & 5 transfer, but at my only one ever transfer i was told he prefers day 3 as long as the quality is good. He said there is no need to wait till day 5 if the egg looks good. But that's just one FS.
Hard decision for you.
Results 411 to 420 of 1010
18-03-2015 09:32 #411
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxKat For This Useful Post:
18-03-2015 09:38 #412
I would grow to day 5. This comes up all the time, day 3 vs day 5. A day 3 embie would be in the Fallopian tube, not the uterus, so a uterus is no more a natural place for it than a Petri dish. Also, abnormal embies are less likely to develop to day 5 so can be discarded. Of course ppl have success with day 3 embies but those ones probably would have survived to day 5. Genea will not do day 3 unless the patient absolutely insists (a friend of mine did that and got a baby out of a day 3 embie). Generally if it dies in the dish it would have died in the uterus too. In terms of one ore two, I feel in your situation, put two in because from everything you've said lately, that is what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:
18-03-2015 10:20 #413
@leyshoja Well, Hall-e-bloody-llujah!!! Sounds like they're actually going to do the right thing by you this time!! Good on that FS going in to bat for you btw....
Yes, well, as you can see, I did have success with a Day 3 transfer but everything all the others have said about Day 5 is true. However, I think @emski72's made a good point to maybe wait and see how they look on Day 3, speak to the scientist/embryologist as they often have a completely different point of view of their own and go from there.
I would definitely be putting 2 back if possible and if you have to have them transferred to Brisbane, it's not a big deal Luv. I had to have mine transferred on Cycle 2 from my previous FS's rooms (he had a lab onsite) to the lab in the City as I was having a transfer on a Sat and the usual hospital he works with didn't do Sat's so had to go into St Andrews to have it done, anyhoo..they just transferred them over a day or so before transfer.
What I would do is ring the "wife" and get her to schedule me a tentative booking for a Day 3 and Day 5 transfer (providing they're going to play ball where you are and you don't have to transfer the embies) so that you can decide what you're doing after you've spoken to the scientist/embryologist if you don't make up your mind before.
I think if an embryo has got what it takes to implant (and I've said this to another BH'r buddy on another thread) it will regardless of what day it's transferred. Go with your gut feeling Luv on when is right for you.
18-03-2015 11:50 #414
BlondeinBrisvegas, I've also had embies attach early. My 2 pregnancies were from a 2 day and a 3 day transfer so I'm reasonably comfortable with another 3 day transfer.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:
18-03-2015 12:33 #415
18-03-2015 12:35 #416
18-03-2015 13:16 #417
@Skyler I had two day 3 transfers with Genea. I think they wanted to put one back asap because it didn't look very good (5 cell) and they didn't want me rocking up on day 5 with nothing to put back. And the second was a good looking emby but all the rest looked cr@p so they said I might as well put it back on day 3 as it was the lead contender. This was a few years ago. Also, a friend of mine went through Genea with a different FS and on her SECOND transfer they suggested putting two back. WTF? My doctors have always been dead set against so I think a lot depends on the FS.
No wonder we all get so confused, ha!
18-03-2015 14:59 #418
@leyshoja And I'll also add that when I had the 3 embies transferred last Cycle they were only at the 5,6 and 7 cell stage (they weren't a full 72 hrs old though because I know what time my eggs were ICSI'd). Obviously I'll never know which one went on to give me my BFP/daughter just wanted to let you know what my experience was
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:
18-03-2015 15:30 #419Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2014
I had a day3 transfer at genea also. my FS prefers day5 but they said they'll grow them out and if there's 2 looking good at day3, they'll go to day5. if there's 1 much further ahead at day3 then they'll do day3. in my case there was only 1 at day3 so in it went. my FS said she was tempted to let it goto day5 anyway. I guess it wouldn't have survived to then
it sounds like you've worked out the plan. good luck. it's great they're listening to your ideas.
I'm back in for blood tests on sat (day13), so should know when I ovulate over the w/e I guess. hoping it defrosts ok and for a BFP
18-03-2015 16:48 #420
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
High Natural Killer Cells #9Reproductive Immunology
Happiness thread.General Chat
Netflix - what should I watch?Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Tell me about Ringwood/Donvale etcGeneral Chat
IUI - first time fertility treatmentNon-IVF fertility assistance