Closed Thread
Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1010
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MGC Bertie - everything is going to be fine I'm sure. Don't stress.

    afm

    bumpy landing, flew down in a flurry ahead of Marcia, seems it was a tight system, has intensified to cat 4, cat 5 at landfall so it's Tracy all over again and DH is in one of those flimsy looking white things they call dongas on an island north of gladstone. Great.
    Now I've terrified myself by googling stories of them flipping over of course
    - he's kind of bullet proof though, once his head hit a gutter coming off a motorbike @ 100km/h and he was fine. Another time they said he wouldn't walk again after a car accident - also fine. Although he has called me tonight saying he lost his swipe card to get into the main building :/ god DH in a cyclone ?SRSLY

    Plus one of my injection sites has blown up where I gave myself an IM injection with the progesterone, those shots suck! I gave myself some antibiotics but I'm not sure they are helping, I'm blaming the prednisone, I suppose I'll have to try and sort it tomorrow, It's all a dogs dinner this end ladies . I guess at least I got here though. Wonder what will happen and whether this system will become a coast hugger and maintain some intensity as Ita did last year. I hope not, I'm really hoping this won't affect the embryo tf on Saturday.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 20-02-2015 at 02:31.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-02-2015)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    608
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked
    1,488
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We live in Toowoomba, and one of the weather predictors has said Marcia might be strong enough to hit us still as a category 1 Saturday night!? As we are quite inland, this is crazy!


    Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015)

  5. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    715
    Thanks
    2,740
    Thanked
    1,154
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Butterfly I hope your DH is safe and that your embryo transfer is smooth. Gosh they're saying it's cat 5 on abc24.
    Stay safe all of our QLD buddies, Blonde, Petal, everyone else.
    Thinking of you all.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015),Petal40  (20-02-2015)

  7. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    37,123
    Thanked
    20,406
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Skyler Thanks Luv Just been raining steadily all night at my place..nothing too heavy but things are starting to pick up now. We'll be right, just told to expect anywhere up to 300mm's of rain and possible wind gusts up to 90km's/hr from last night until Sat/Sun depending on how it tracks once it crosses the coast and becomes a rain depression. It's Yepoon/Rocky that have to really worry as they're about to cop it!!

    @Butterfly39 Glad to hear you made it down safely and am not surprised she was a bumpy landing!! Hope your DH will be ok and I'm sure your ET will go ahead tomorrow.....Wazza works in rain, hail or shine!! Good Luck!! P.S....what are they planning to do?? Freeze the best embies for biopsy and transfer 1 or 2 of the lesser quality one's??

    @Petal40 I think she'll have run out of puff by then Luv but you'll no doubt be in for a sh*tload of rain!!

    Stay safe and dry everyone who'll be impacted by this event....Hello to all the rest of the Lovelies too

  8. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,201
    Thanks
    2,687
    Thanked
    3,367
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gosh this thread moves quickly!

    Can you please update the thread that I have 4 frosties and am about to embark on Cycle #10 - **** that number is high. I never thought that would be me, but oh well!

    @MGC BertieI'm sure it's just high risk because of your immune issues and age, rather than anything to do with bub.

    Hope all you QLD ladies stay safe in this weather that's hitting you.

    @Butterfly39good luck with your transfer tmw

    AFM had my appt with the FS yesterday. He said that even though we only got one embie frozen it was the best one we had done with him (and I said the best we have had full stop). He said it was a grade A embie and he was very happy with it. Agreed that this was the protocol for me. I wanted to jump up and down and say - I told you so - I asked for this when I first saw him in July!!

    So we have made the decision to jump into another cycle straight away and will freeze all again. We'll then make a decision as to whether we PGD them all or just gamble with it and chuck one back in. We are allowed to PGD and refreeze any normals and then do another stim as well (I'm worried we might only get one or 2 normals and would like the possibility of a sibling). So we're thinking if we get any normals we might keep them on ice then just do a cpl of straight stim/transfer cycles before we use them.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (20-02-2015)

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks
    5,089
    Thanked
    7,018
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    .......Subbing.....Good luck Lovelies!!!

    I'm battening down the hatches personally until this "rain event" passes Today they're predicting 30-100mls for us here in Brissy. It's getting darker and more windy as the day progresses with intermittent showers thus far, but it's only a matter of time
    In on the north side of Brisbane and had around 200mm since last night. It's just a little wet here lol and not looking like stopping any time soon

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    37,123
    Thanked
    20,406
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    In on the north side of Brisbane and had around 200mm since last night. It's just a little wet here lol and not looking like stopping any time soon
    Me too Luv..more the inner northside It's been raining steadily all night at my place but not really heavy and has picked up since this morning as has the wind which is coming and going at the minute Yep, more to come, this first lot is from the upper level trough that was running alongside the coast, we're yet to get the rain from Marcia

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks
    5,089
    Thanked
    7,018
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post

    Me too Luv..more the inner northside It's been raining steadily all night at my place but not really heavy and has picked up since this morning as has the wind which is coming and going at the minute Yep, more to come, this first lot is from the upper level trough that was running alongside the coast, we're yet to get the rain from Marcia
    Looks like it's DVDs and comfort food all weekend yay. Might have to download some new books to kindle as well. Too good an opportunity to waste.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015)

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,191
    Thanks
    5,089
    Thanked
    7,018
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Gosh this thread moves quickly!

    Can you please update the thread that I have 4 frosties and am about to embark on Cycle #10 - **** that number is high. I never thought that would be me, but oh well!

    @MGC BertieI'm sure it's just high risk because of your immune issues and age, rather than anything to do with bub.

    Hope all you QLD ladies stay safe in this weather that's hitting you.

    @Butterfly39good luck with your transfer tmw

    AFM had my appt with the FS yesterday. He said that even though we only got one embie frozen it was the best one we had done with him (and I said the best we have had full stop). He said it was a grade A embie and he was very happy with it. Agreed that this was the protocol for me. I wanted to jump up and down and say - I told you so - I asked for this when I first saw him in July!!

    So we have made the decision to jump into another cycle straight away and will freeze all again. We'll then make a decision as to whether we PGD them all or just gamble with it and chuck one back in. We are allowed to PGD and refreeze any normals and then do another stim as well (I'm worried we might only get one or 2 normals and would like the possibility of a sibling). So we're thinking if we get any normals we might keep them on ice then just do a cpl of straight stim/transfer cycles before we use them.
    Sounds great. Again I have stim envy but congratulations. I bet that is 'the one'
    How did you go @MGC Bertie ? And @Butterfly39 ?

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lost touch with DH a few hrs ago, which is usual in this situation. Eyewall looks to be deteriorating on msat and cat 3 at rocky now. I've been through cat 3s that were scary, I think Winifred, so feeling for Rocky right now, eye is directly over them right now, might just go west of DH a little which would be good as the full force of eyewall/sustained winds on East and south.
    will get all embie results tomorrow am and transfer 0900 so hoping she doesn't pop out over the ocean tonight and take a drink.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (20-02-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Sisters' WeddingIssues with Family Members
I am... #20General Chat
Amazing August TTCConception & Fertility General Chat
Can we use this name?Choosing Baby Names
The Handmaids Tale - anyone watched it?Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2018pregnancy and babies through IVF
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›