+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wear mine everyday. I put them on while getting dressed and take the off before I shower. Only because I'm paranoid they will fall off down the drain.

I've not yet had mine dipped. I've had the engagement ring for just short of 4 years and wedding ring 3 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only take them off to clean and go swimming, otherwise I wear them 24/7. I haven't had them dipped for 5 years and they definitely need doing, just haven't got around to it. For mine to look their best though they should be done every 1-2 years at the most because I wear them so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never take them off. I've had them dipped once in 8 years. I don't find my rings go yellow, more that they lose their shine and take on a grey hue. I only got them dipped because I needed one of the claws repaired on my engagement ring so just put everything in to be dipped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wear mine daily. Take them off when I'm preparing dinner/washing dishes. Keep them off overnight and put them on again after my shower in the morning. I had them replated just before Christmas, so about 18 months after we got married. My understanding is that the rhodium plating should last around 2 years. I expect mine to come off a bit earlier because I'm using my hands all day. Lots of hand washing, alcohol rub etc. In saying that they weren't exceptionally bad, I just like my rings shiny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonster View Post
    I wear my white gold rings all the time and last had them rhodium plated um... About 4 years ago 😳. They are starting to go slightly yellow gold but still not too bad.
    This reminds me I should go and get them done!
    This is me too....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear mine constantly except in the shower. I've had engagement for 5 years, wedding for 4 and eternity for 3. Never had them redone although they should be as where they sit together they look a little black but I think this might be solidified dirt. I do clean them every few months and have them professionally cleaned once a year. They don't look yellow or anything, just a bit less shiny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never ever take mine off, except during my two pregnancies when my hands were swollen. Had them plated twice in 6 years and they're due again now.
    Sounds a bit suss that yours are wearing so quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear my rings 24/7 and I notice they stay to go a bit yellow around the edges after about 6 months. I thought it was normal but now I'm wondering if the quality of the gold is poor. .:-( I'll have to ask for a new ring from a different store so can compare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wear mine every day but take them off when I shower at night and leave them off overnight. I have to do this as my skin gets a bit red and flaky if I wear them 24/7, I'm guessing because I wash my hand a million times a day and water sits between my skin and the rings.

They do sort of fade to a grey-ish colour after a whole. I try to get them properly cleaned and dipped every year or two. I'm confident in the quality, they are from a very reputable jeweler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear my engagement ring pretty much all the time. Have had it for 4 & a half years & had it dipped once about 2 years ago. The jeweller who made it recommended every 6-12 months & told me how long it lasts depends on all sorts of factors inc. the ph balance of your skin. Mine is very yellow underneath now & I keep meaning to get it done but the jeweller is miles away. Maybe I should try one of the main jewellery chains...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jude15 For This Useful Post:

Redcorset  (18-02-2015)