+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Cue

    I'm due in Feb with number 3. My boys have just turned 4yrs and 14 months. I don't think anyone can answer this for you. Sometimes I worry about how hectic it will be with 3. I'm 35 so didn't have a long time to decide. Once pregnant I'm for the most part super excited and I'm sure things will be just fine

    Good luck!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    36
    Reviews
    0
    We were in a very similar position with 2 children & 2 embies left in the freezer. I felt like I couldn't just let them go to waste & I liked the thought of having 3 children. So once DS2 was nearing 2 we decided to give them a go & were happy with whichever way the FET's went (if it didn't work then we were completely happy as a family of 4, however if it did, then we would be happy as a family of 5). The first FET was a BFN, so then we transferred our last & it was a BFP. Number 3 will be here later in the year & we are both so happy with our decision (and thankful we have none left in the freezer, as I'd be tempted to go again! Hehe).

    If I were you I would definitely go for it & just let fate decide! Best of luck! Xx

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Thanks
    1,703
    Thanked
    2,493
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Hi Cue

    I'm due in Feb with number 3. My boys have just turned 4yrs and 14 months. I don't think anyone can answer this for you. Sometimes I worry about how hectic it will be with 3. I'm 35 so didn't have a long time to decide. Once pregnant I'm for the most part super excited and I'm sure things will be just fine

    Good luck!
    I'll be 35 this year too. I don't want to be changing nappies when I'm 40! I'm studying to have a career change too, I want to complete that before I'm 40. Another baby will make that really hard and potentially make it near impossible.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Thanks
    1,703
    Thanked
    2,493
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeHasCome View Post
    We were in a very similar position with 2 children & 2 embies left in the freezer. I felt like I couldn't just let them go to waste & I liked the thought of having 3 children. So once DS2 was nearing 2 we decided to give them a go & were happy with whichever way the FET's went (if it didn't work then we were completely happy as a family of 4, however if it did, then we would be happy as a family of 5). The first FET was a BFN, so then we transferred our last & it was a BFP. Number 3 will be here later in the year & we are both so happy with our decision (and thankful we have none left in the freezer, as I'd be tempted to go again! Hehe).

    If I were you I would definitely go for it & just let fate decide! Best of luck! Xx
    I just worry about getting my hopes up. I know it's not the greatest quality embryo.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I'll be 35 this year too. I don't want to be changing nappies when I'm 40! I'm studying to have a career change too, I want to complete that before I'm 40. Another baby will make that really hard and potentially make it near impossible.
    I'm studying Midwifery full time also. I've had to drop back to 3 units this semester and will probably only do 2 academic units next semester which will set me back 6 months but that won't matter in the long run . I think you just work around things and it all sorts itself out in the end. I'm definitely looking forward to getting over the little baby stage where you regain a little more independence too! Won't be for a few years yet though lol

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,383
    Thanked
    2,071
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you want to go with baby no.3 go for it. I am almost 11 weeks pregnant with my third but It has been quite a big break between no. 2 and this one. My youngest will be 9 when this one is born. I must admit this bubs was unplanned but still very much wanted after the shock subsided. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    36
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I just worry about getting my hopes up. I know it's not the greatest quality embryo.
    Yeah I know what you mean hun. I went in with the mindset that I was completely happy with 2 children, a third would be a bonus. I knew I would never do another stim or anything like that for a 3rd. When I got my first BFN I was completely fine & felt like the last one was just for closure.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Thanks
    1,703
    Thanked
    2,493
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeHasCome View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean hun. I went in with the mindset that I was completely happy with 2 children, a third would be a bonus. I knew I would never do another stim or anything like that for a 3rd. When I got my first BFN I was completely fine & felt like the last one was just for closure.
    I hope I'm able to feel that way. I can be a bit of an 'all or nothing' type of person so I worry that if I go back and it doesn't work, I'll have committed to a 3rd and I will want to stun again. Hopefully I can keep a level head!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Thanks
    1,703
    Thanked
    2,493
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been around BH much lately but thought I'd update this...

    So I'm currently leaning towards going for a third. But it's terrifying! And I'm not 100% sure. DH is actually now thinking we're done so we're not on the same page yet.

    I'm just worried about not coping with 3 kids. I would absolutely love to be pregnant again and have a baby, but maybe I'm getting a bit old for this!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,263
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked
    1,803
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have started 'trying' for our 3rd, it took ages to convince DH but he's there now... My thinking with having 3 is I know it will be hard & there will be times where I'm totally pulling my hair out but I want a biggish family around us when we're older, to me that's what life is about so it's short term pain for a lifetime of gain! But that's us & our situation, I'd actually like 4 kids but I'm 35 now & DH is stretching to 3 for me so I'm compromising for him. I can't wait to be pregnant again!


 

Similar Threads

  1. no idea what I am doing
    By PoppyLoppy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 17-07-2014, 21:53
  2. No idea what is going on
    By harmonysweetpea in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 17:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
LCF Fun Languages AustraliaFrench, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian & German lessons for children 0-12 years. Play-based and immersion language ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›