+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will leave it at what i have said - but every word i have said is a very real, personal account of the experience. I can't believe - the past 3 years of my own personal IVF journey - which has been extremely difficult - has been outdone - by the experience in Hawaii. I was so naive in thinking they would be excelling in their field - given they were from the states. I am happy to be contacted in private to discuss in more detail as well. I have since arranged for an appointment with Aevitas in Cape Town. Within 3 days of my initial enquiry - i had a 1 hour Skype appointment with Prof Krugas who was a caring professional who took time to listen to my history. We have arranged a follow up consult in a few days time. Already - the care and professional attitude received by this clinic is making me realise how poor the care was in Hawaii. Again - if you had a positive pregnancy - the relief - would make you look pass the business transaction / unprofessional attitude of the experience in Hawaii - but unfortunately this wasn't the case for me - so their deficits - have made this experience even the more traumatic. I'm sorry Onemoreshot - you have suffered as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you contacted CFC.. Cape Fertility Clinic? Most patients heading to SA go to CFC. I have been to SA 3 times for donor eggs .. Was seeing Dr Heylen and currently 15 weeks pregnant. This is via my second egg donor.. Bfn, Bfp but early miscarriage on second and here I am after trip number 3. Message me any questions.. The key is selecting a good donor. My doctor suggested my second donor as first was a dud. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry some of you have had a bad experience with Conceptions. My experience with them was wonderful and we are going back to try for baby 2 with a fet in may.

I think you will find there are good and bad experiences with every clinic. I have heard lots of bad ones about the SA clinics and CFC in particular recently, so just be mindful that you may get the same thing happen to you there.

I'm not trying to sway you in any way, just make sure you research whichever option you go with.

Have you had any immune testing done? Even if you have fabulous embies, if your oven is faulty nothing will stick. In particular hla testing is very important, even with donor eggs as that match is you and your husband and it's your body the embies snuggles into.

I wish you all the very best for your next transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    its been a long time since I've been on here so not sure if anyone is still around.
    So despite very disappointing results we are going to give it one more try and are headed back to Hawaii at the end of November for an FET. I still have one vial of Lucrin left and a small amount in a second vial which will mean I short by about 1/3 of a vial. We are desperately trying to keep costs down as this will be out 3rd and final trip back to Hawaii and we only have one embryo left. Wondering if anyone has any Lucrin left and if you would be prepared to donate it or even sell it.....that stuff is so expensive! I probably only need a really small amount....no more than 1/3 of a vial. Any help would be so gratefully received!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies,
    My first time on this thread. Not sure on all of the abbreviations for here . Have my L plates on for sure.
    I wanted to get some insight into some ladies experience with Conceptions Centre in Hawaii.
    Thanks for your time in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi daretodream,
    Welcome to the thread. There sure are a lot of abbreviations!! I don't think I know them all either but if there are any in particular you want to know, try me and I will help out if I can.
    So...Conceptions Hawaii.....firstly, there are a lot of women who have had really great outcomes with Conceptions. If you read back through the thread you will see some wonderful success stories for many women.

Unfortunately, we have not had any success using Conceptions. Maybe we are just really unlucky, I don't know. What I can say is that of all the options we looked at for using donor eggs, Conceptions was by far the most expensive (treatment alone costing AU$35,000) then you have to add on about another $5k when you take into account the medications, cycle monitoring, travel and accommodation. There were other programs we looked at that were cheaper - some even half the price of Conceptions. Despite the costs we went with Conceptions because they claim an 80% success rate which seemed to be substantially higher than figures from other programs - most of them came in anywhere between 65% - 75%.

So after 2 trips to Hawaii, we are still without a baby. Very disappointing. Hugely disappointing. And we did not get many eggs and subsequent embryos to allow us to try several times - even though our donor was proven. I guess someone has to be in that 20% group that it doesn't work for right?

Having said that, the service you get from Conceptions is quite good - Adrian (program director) is very responsive and answers all the questions you have in a really timely manner.

The actual process once you are there is really simple - you only need to go in to the hospital twice - once the day before they transfer the embryo to check your lining, then the next day for the actual transfer. I was surprised - their facilities are really outdated and old compared to what we have here. They take you down to the basement, you will be put into a little room and then the doctor and embryologist come out and do the transfer. You then lay there for about 20 minutes then that's it. They recommend that you don't swim or even move around much for the first 3 days after the transfer.

That's about all I can think of at the moment but if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoreshot For This Useful Post:

daretodream  (12-10-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi onemoreshot,

Thank you for sharing with me. I can only begin to try to imagine how you feel. I'm so sorry for you and your partner. It's such a lot to invest, physically, emotionally and then of course financially.

Fingers crossed for you both in November!
    Last edited by daretodream; 12-10-2017 at 15:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks daretodream,appreciate that.
    Have you decided if you will do donor eggs? Friends of mine did theirs with Cape Fertility in SOuth Africa and just had twins. They speak very highly of the program there, but again a lot of people have had terrific success with Conceptions too. All the best with your ivf journey!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoreshot For This Useful Post:

daretodream  (13-10-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Onemoreshot,

I really hope that you get a positive result!

We will be going with donor eggs. Have had a look at the donor options and sad to say that none of them look even remotely like me. It's important for both partner and I that there are similarities in facial features.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much daretodream, we hope so too!! This is our absolute last opportunity!!
    Yes I know what you mean regarding trying to find a suitable donor with similar facial features. We struggled too and we also had to find a suitable sperm donor too. In the end I the donors we chose were as close to us as we could find but still not really a lot like us.
    Did you decide to go with Conceptions?