+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Thanks
    Reviews
    nikkinoo76;8652626 I am so sorry for your bad experience. We too feel extremely let down by Conceptions. I don't have time to go into it all right now, I will post something about our experience in the next few days when I have a bit more time but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone - we too feel totally ripped off by this place and I am seriously doubting their claims of an 85% success rate! I think that is BS! I actually found a USA web site that has results for top 10 donor egg ivf clinics with actual live birth results - the top 10 ranged from 85% - 70% success rates and guess what - Conceptions was not in that list. I will post it up if I can find it again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Onemoreshot For This Useful Post:

nikkinoo76  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will leave it at what i have said - but every word i have said is a very real, personal account of the experience. I can't believe - the past 3 years of my own personal IVF journey - which has been extremely difficult - has been outdone - by the experience in Hawaii. I was so naive in thinking they would be excelling in their field - given they were from the states. I am happy to be contacted in private to discuss in more detail as well. I have since arranged for an appointment with Aevitas in Cape Town. Within 3 days of my initial enquiry - i had a 1 hour Skype appointment with Prof Krugas who was a caring professional who took time to listen to my history. We have arranged a follow up consult in a few days time. Already - the care and professional attitude received by this clinic is making me realise how poor the care was in Hawaii. Again - if you had a positive pregnancy - the relief - would make you look pass the business transaction / unprofessional attitude of the experience in Hawaii - but unfortunately this wasn't the case for me - so their deficits - have made this experience even the more traumatic. I'm sorry Onemoreshot - you have suffered as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you contacted CFC.. Cape Fertility Clinic? Most patients heading to SA go to CFC. I have been to SA 3 times for donor eggs .. Was seeing Dr Heylen and currently 15 weeks pregnant. This is via my second egg donor.. Bfn, Bfp but early miscarriage on second and here I am after trip number 3. Message me any questions.. The key is selecting a good donor. My doctor suggested my second donor as first was a dud. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry some of you have had a bad experience with Conceptions. My experience with them was wonderful and we are going back to try for baby 2 with a fet in may.

I think you will find there are good and bad experiences with every clinic. I have heard lots of bad ones about the SA clinics and CFC in particular recently, so just be mindful that you may get the same thing happen to you there.

I'm not trying to sway you in any way, just make sure you research whichever option you go with.

Have you had any immune testing done? Even if you have fabulous embies, if your oven is faulty nothing will stick. In particular hla testing is very important, even with donor eggs as that match is you and your husband and it's your body the embies snuggles into.

I wish you all the very best for your next transfer.