+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default QV users for dry skin please

Good evening all, I've been using qv products for my daughter (8.5 months old) she had some eczema on face but it's completely vanished now, I still want to continue using it as she does have dry skin (body) a little bit, my son doesn't have any but I use the products on him as he likes to do what his sister does (his close to 3 yrs old) now my little dilemma is.....
    I don't like the scent of the qv and the after smell, is there anything that smells better? What about for the hair? Face? Can you put qv on the face?
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use QV for my son who has bad eczema. I don't particularly like the smell either. I wash his face with the QV wash and I use QV shampoo and conditioner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Moogoo do a range of eczema products. They might be worth a try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep definitely try moo goo, we only used the eczema cream and it was great.

We used alpha Kerri as well rather than qv.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moo goo I think smells of lavender? Isn't that "perfume"?

Thank you 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We use QV for eczema, and every single time we have seen a GP, paediatrician, paediatric allergist, dermatologist, pharmacist, etc - EVERY SINGLE medical professional has told us that QV is the best thing for eczema. It doesn't have a lovely smell, because it isn't scented like many other products are. The scents/ perfumes will only contribute to irritating the eczema, including "natural" scents. I have tried a few other products - like moo goo, gaia, etc, and I think that they are ok for milder eczema, but if it is severe, like my DD's, they only irritate more. I feel like I am a QV salesperson, lol! I won't use anything else, but if your kids only have mild eczema, another product might work OK.

I use QV oil in the bath water, QV wash, and QV cream. I use QV intensive if needed. I also use a 1% steroid cream for bad flare ups. You can put QV on the face, but it can sting their eyes, so I tend to use plain sorbolene cream around the eye area & QV elsewhere on the face.HTH

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

babyla  (15-02-2015),Chippa  (04-03-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (31-05-2015),Ladydee  (15-02-2015),mrsboyts  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would stick with qv.

It's the only the my paed recommends for eczema. Steer clear of anything natural too.

I have never noticed a smell with it. If it's working then I reckon stick with it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (15-02-2015),Ladydee  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I would stick with qv.

It's the only the my paed recommends for eczema. Steer clear of anything natural too.

I have never noticed a smell with it. If it's working then I reckon stick with it.
    Why would you steer clear of natural products to treat eczema?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Moo goo I think smells of lavender? Isn't that "perfume"?

Thank you 😃
    There are 2 eczema creams and one does have a lavendar scent. I only ever bought it once as I can't stand that smell so I can't check whether it's perfumed or not sorry.
    I never had any problems with the other one though. DS hated the feel of most creams so were on to a winner with the moogoo. I ended up cutting dairy out of his diet and have we have not had an eczema flair up since thankfully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    There are 2 eczema creams and one does have a lavendar scent. I only ever bought it once as I can't stand that smell so I can't check whether it's perfumed or not sorry.
    I never had any problems with the other one though. DS hated the feel of most creams so were on to a winner with the moogoo. I ended up cutting dairy out of his diet and have we have not had an eczema flair up since thankfully.
    It is not perfumed. It contains lavender oil as an ingredient. Hence the smell.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (15-02-2015)