Closed Thread
Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    She really does look like DH, but funnily enough when I was at my FS last week (who assisted in my SA cycle) first thing she daid was 'oh she looks like you!' - I'm not sure but we did try to match hair color/eye colour... here's me as a newborn
    Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (25-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh what a cutie you were!
    Yes there does seem to be similarities! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Received an email from Cyndi re proposed dates and she is going to check with donor. The proposed dates are lining scan on 1 June and predicted transfer 8 June so if these dates are confirmed is it ok say to arrive say 31 May for your first appointment on 1 June and then you could leave around 12 May?
    Also I'm with ANZ Bank and they told me I get free travel insurance because I have a platinum visa. I rang the toll free number they gave me and the exclusions were if you were seeing a medical practitioner so now I can't get it through the bank. I suppose it would be important to have travel insurance. Do you just arrange travel insurance through a travel agent? We are proposing to book flights through a travel agent to get to Cape Town and then use my partner's Qantas frequent flyer points to fly home. He has lots of points as he has a FIFO job.

Emski is your normal FS Lynn Burmeister? I can't remember who told me they were her doctor also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    Emski, what a beautiful baby girl.

Lisa, like blinky, I have travelled to a lot of places and Cape Town is one of the easiest to get around. I chose to stay in a B&B as 1) I get breakfast (which is excellent) and 2) having someone to check in with and get information has been very helpful.

I am staying at Lavender House, which I would 150% recommend. I also had a very positive experience with Judy from Hedge House. Both are near the clinic. If you do have any questions, please PM me and I would be happy to answer.
    Thank you Canuck,
    Both the Lavender House and Hedge House look really lovely. Ideally I would like to stay close to the clinic. I think we have to stay somewhere that has a gym as we both exercise regularly at the gym and I wouldn't feel comfortable with going for a run outside at a place that isn't known to me. I was looking at the Park Inn which has a gym that we could use of a morning but I'm not sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa Travel Insurance Direct. Fantastic. I've never had an issue claiming and they've paid out many times. $89 for my policy to usa soon and qantas was over $200.

If you need to claim they will counter claim through any credit card insurance you have. Also with cards every part of your trip usually needs to be paid for on the card. Eg flights and accommodation and anything else.

TID is extremely generous and comprehensive compared with other policies.

You can call them easily to ask. I'll be over 20 weeks pregnant and they didn't care. It didn't increase my policy at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't think any travel Insurance will cover you for medical ivf type procedures overseas Lisa - I don't really consider a transfer a medical procedure anyway the donor is doing all the risky stuff.
    Have you looked at The Vineyard for accommodation? They have a gym and it is near the clinic.
    Yes I'm with Lynn are you with her too?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Lisa Travel Insurance Direct. Fantastic. I've never had an issue claiming and they've paid out many times. $89 for my policy to usa soon and qantas was over $200.

If you need to claim they will counter claim through any credit card insurance you have. Also with cards every part of your trip usually needs to be paid for on the card. Eg flights and accommodation and anything else.

TID is extremely generous and comprehensive compared with other policies.

You can call them easily to ask. I'll be over 20 weeks pregnant and they didn't care. It didn't increase my policy at all.
    Thanks KMP, I will give them a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I don't think any travel Insurance will cover you for medical ivf type procedures overseas Lisa - I don't really consider a transfer a medical procedure anyway the donor is doing all the risky stuff.
    Have you looked at The Vineyard for accommodation? They have a gym and it is near the clinic.
    Yes I'm with Lynn are you with her too?
    Thanks Emski,

I have looked at The Vineyard and that looks great, I wasn't sure whether they were really close or not. I will have a look when I get the dates confirmed.
    Yes I am with Lynn but I live in Tasmania and wish I could make an appointment and go in and see her to make sure what I will be doing is correct when it comes to the drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    She might do a phone consult? Im not entirely sure - are you on immune stuff? I can share my plan with you of so.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #8

Hi lisa
    Gym at park inn is tiny - one at vineyards big better equipped than a lot of none hotel gyms - with classes and yoga - they have a map of jogging track also. (Also gorgeous spa and cheaper prices than oz) Both Equidistant and walking distance from clinic (20 mins).
    My summary after two nights in each is vineyards for lovely comfort resort with gardens and views and park inn modern utilitarian fine for sleeping if you plan to be out all day. Was what was available and cost for us ....
    We are suffering with jet lag - and maybe I would say for arrival go to somewhere with comfort first? As you will want to be asleep early in evening
    and be awake early in the morning.
    The B and B's did look lovely but where booked up....
    Think I remember reading in one of the many posts in last 7 threads(!) you can't go wrong with some where in newlands/Claremont in a B and B..😃

There are apartments at the clinic over a coffee shop that are on air BnB - think personally though would definitely want a car if there - we decided from beginning didn't want hassle of one....

Any way have fun researching!!

Ps for vineyards go on there own website eg we got our first two nights at special weekend rate of 1350zar/night (inc Breakfast and extra bed for boy) couldn't get that on non hotel sites - also they offer discounts for 3/5 and 7 nights.

Sorry for long post!
    Pps your visa travel insurance is fine - you are not having a medical procedure. I am thinking Is a holiday where you get pregnant!!
    Last edited by crabby; 25-03-2015 at 17:09.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabby For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (25-03-2015),Lisaxxx  (26-03-2015)