Closed Thread
Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    The clinic just emailed me. I was happy with that. Evrn though they had hotel number and room extension they didn't want to call me there or my local number.

I've had about enough of poor communication with CFC though. Still getting emails to incorrect addrress even though I asked it to be changed in December and have requested 5-6 times.

Their disorganisation does little to inspire confidence in me.

The blame on me for their errors with my account also do not sit well. I stress for people to demand invoices/statements at appointments and check accuracy. Staff did not consult my account, simply took money for elements of the treatment and did not take money for sperm which was clearly billed early in my treatment on the statement. They then kept emailing me for payment without sending a credit card authority (which I kept asking for). I now look forward to dealing with the credit card company as they no doubt, will cancel my card yet again.

Please check your account before you leave the clinic.
    That sounds trying KMP - I hope you can resolve it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is ..... now.

Until my credit card gets cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KMP, when i was over there I noticed I hadn't paid for sperm donor, so when i had my transfer i told them and they added it to my invoice...otherwise I wouldn't of been charged either when i was there. Hearing your dramas I'm glad I bought it up with them.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-02-2015),KMP  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no idea what I had or hadn't paid for because I was never given any invoices or statements. Weird to me....

If I can help anyone else out I will.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (24-02-2015),Miss Sagi  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Fortunately (not for you though KMP) it's the only time I've heard of anyone having major issues like this. So I don't think it's all that common...
    I know how frustrating things like that are though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    The clinic just emailed me. I was happy with that. Evrn though they had hotel number and room extension they didn't want to call me there or my local number.

I've had about enough of poor communication with CFC though. Still getting emails to incorrect addrress even though I asked it to be changed in December and have requested 5-6 times.

Their disorganisation does little to inspire confidence in me.

The blame on me for their errors with my account also do not sit well. I stress for people to demand invoices/statements at appointments and check accuracy. Staff did not consult my account, simply took money for elements of the treatment and did not take money for sperm which was clearly billed early in my treatment on the statement. They then kept emailing me for payment without sending a credit card authority (which I kept asking for). I now look forward to dealing with the credit card company as they no doubt, will cancel my card yet again.

Please check your account before you leave the clinic.
    It's weird KMP because I knew of your issues before our trip I was wary of it happening to us, yet when we were there we were presented with invoices with each visit/procedure and Roshaan were very specific to ensure I understood what each additional charge was for (sperm donor/intralipids/extra meds). As we paid each component they then also issued receipts and updated account statements showing whatever the balance was (zero or otherwise)...
    We left SA with one payment to make for the freezing and Jenny from Accounts was very quick to send an invoice for it a number of times..

I wonder if it depends on the receptionist / assistant that you deal with perhaps?
    Either way I can imagine it is very frustrating and hope it gets sorted quickly. One way you can prevent your credit card being 'Frozen' is to call the CC company and forewarn them that you will be making an overseas transaction. (You can even specify who it will be paid to/how much). Otherwise yes any transactions that occur in Africa will be seen as 'suspicious' by most Cc fraud depts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Blinky.... but every time I stressed to Citibank any transactions are valid from that company.... the first time it took 20 minutes for the bank staff to find my account and kept saying I didn't have one....even though they had sent me a text. I hate having to deal with all these companies 😣.

I'm hoping my issues have highlighted to them their shortcomings and that is why the situation has improved.... fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It can definitely be difficult - I had issues with a Citibank card this trip (not with CFC transactions) they froze my card while we were there.. Lucky It was just a 'spare'...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (24-02-2015),KMP  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again,
    Greetings from chilly (-30C windchill) Canada. I am so glad that I found this forum. I felt pretty isolated going to SA on my own and am relieved to hear about other's experiences.

I read through the threads last night and would like to offer my sincere congratulations to Faith, Blinky, Miss Sagi and KMP. It is so heartening to hear of positive results and your experience in SA.

Emski, I am likely going on a day safari to Inverdoorn with Ulungele Tours (after extensive use of TripAdvisor). I will let you know what I think after I get back.

I have booked my flights (arrive March 17, depart March 31). And when I e-mailed the B&B I thought I had booked, they offered me a cottage for half my stay. Any advice on where to stay would be appreciated. Judy from Hedge House (recommended by CFC) has been helpful. Any ideas less than R1000 would be appreciated. I'm about to start scouring the internet .

Hoping, Crabby and PSS I would love to get together in Cape Town. Any company would be welcome. I will be travelling on my own but would enjoy meeting you and your DH.

Kind regards,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canuck I stayed at Park Inn by Radisson.... a new hotel just close to the clinic. Not sure how much it is at this time but I stayed there peak period. It was handy to everything with train station just behind.