+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Grr.
    I totally replied and lost my post!
    First: thank you for the fingers (and tosies) being crossed! It's really our only hope in having a biological child.
    I'm curious about Marikas challenges, mainly if there had been follicles available prior to the surgery or what her egg reserve was like (unlike me who has nil).
    I'm also using her 3 month marker as my own 'control' base to see if anything happens with me by July (hoping for magic!)

I did re-read some of the documentation I found online and did discover they started the trials in the UAE. So hopefully a few more candidates pop up in this thread.

I had my reintroduction yesterday. It was a bit more rough then the original biopsy. More sore than I was the first round and feeling yucky, but it's all for the greater good. One ovary received a placebo solution and the other received the stem cells and eggPC cells.

I did ask the team during my pre-operative appointment about timelines. How long between the reintro can we expect to see anything happen. They advised that all results go directly to Ova Science where another team reviews the data. That said, as Im sure everyone is eager to get info, I'll try to field questions best I can and share what my experiences are. I know a lot of women and families to be are banking on this new science.

I have my post-op later today too. Past that, they advised Ill be contacted for my next wave of appointments. I don't know if this will be for cycle monitoring or blood work/ultrasounds but I'll share as I learn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OPGirl,

Thank you so much for sharing!

chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Opkgirl for sharing with us.

I was wondering if you know whether many 40+ year olds are on the trial. What are the oldest ages being trialled? The reason is I read someone's opinion that Ovascience products seem to work best on those under 40 and I am over 40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Qwerty5;
    I haven't crossed paths with any other woman/couple registered in OvaPrime with the exception of one lady who was waiting for her re-intro the same day I had mine. She was 43.
    I was under the impression that no one over 40 would be participating in the study (which is how myself and my husband got in - sliding in under someone who wasn't of qualifying 'age'). Anyway, I'm unsure of her status or how they managed to stay within the program (happy for them though and wishing them the best).

Until all the data from all the couples involved come back to Ova Science, they won't know anything. Then analyzing the data etc. I've got no idea how long that could take but hoping for everyone out there banking on this study that it's not long!!

Bit more of an update after a few days from the re-intro; still feeling gross. I'm nauseous (which is kind of a joke, I'd assume this is what morning sickness would be like as I pretty much toss after I eat.. it's like the possibility of pregnancy is taunting me), and I'm spotting (which they said could happen as the uterus is moved around a bit during the re-into surgery.

Next appointments are after my next day one. Since I had my period while I had the surgery (and being in POF/Menopause) I'm hoping I get a 'regular' period next month. It's my progesterone month so if anything that should force a period. After that, I'll go into the clinic for regular cycle monitoring (blood work & ultrasounds).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP Girl,
    Hope you are feeling good right now... All the best in what's to come definitively! My thoughts are with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OPGirl,
    Thanks for sharing your journey! Are you still feeling nauseas? I hope you are starting to feel better now.

I read on another forum that OvaScience are taking on more applicants. So I sent them an email but unfortunately I don't qualify as my AMH is too high. They said there are two age groups, one under 40 but to qualify you have to be menopausal. Then there is a second age group 40-45 but you have to have DOR to qualify. They have put me on their database in case there is a third lot with a different set of criteria.

So will you be doing an IVF cycle once you get your period then? Good luck with the next steps. I hope you get some good news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Qwerty,
    Where did you send an email for the trial? Would you mind sharing which clinic that is for?

Thanks,
    Linda

QUOTE=Qwerty5;8675119]Hi OPGirl,
    Thanks for sharing your journey! Are you still feeling nauseas? I hope you are starting to feel better now.

I read on another forum that OvaScience are taking on more applicants. So I sent them an email but unfortunately I don't qualify as my AMH is too high. They said there are two age groups, one under 40 but to qualify you have to be menopausal. Then there is a second age group 40-45 but you have to have DOR to qualify. They have put me on their database in case there is a third lot with a different set of criteria.

So will you be doing an IVF cycle once you get your period then? Good luck with the next steps. I hope you get some good news![/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nathaf > Thanks so much!

Qwerty5 > Nauseas faded thankfully. I think it may have been mind over matter (with a splash of anxiety). The POF/early menopause diagnosis still has my head spinning a bit. I get trapped in my own thoughts and may have been stressing. I called the clinic to report the nausea and they believed it wasn't related to the surgery. The incision spots are healing fine, nothing gross (infection) so defaulting the nausea not being related. And !!! I'm surprised but excited then that they're taking on new applicants. I would have thought they'd have to conclude their study with the first lot, but like any trial, they may have had couples drop out and/or need more a control group. I feel weird saying this but I'm really sorry though that your AMH is too high to participate. Fingers crossed though that a study comes up that you can slide into. And, keep pushing, call them frequently and do whatever it is you can. Just keep pushing and fighting. You never know if they can do something. Next stages are IVF. I take my progesterone next month. So far the progesterone has always triggered a period. So I'll call them when I have my Day 1 and start cycle monitoring than IVF. Fingers crossed!

Linda: Hi Linda, just jumping the gun because Qwerty hasn't gotten to it yet, Ova science is working with Trios (out of Toronto).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OPGirl, sorry about the late reply ... this site doesn't seem to send notifications consistently so I don't always realise someone has responded

I had nausea after my last EC as well and I was told it was related to the Anaesthetics. So I need to make sure they are careful with this in any future procedures.... apparently they should use fluid to ensure the anaethetics absorbs away faster so that it doesn't cause side effects. As I am quite slim I'm more prone to the side effects.

Yes OvaScience have taken on a second batch of candidates. Last I heard they were looking for 20 more applicants. But that was over a week ago now. They said they would keep me on their database in case they do a third round and the criteria for acceptance changes.

Ooohh I'm excited for you for your next round of IVF. When are you expecting your day 1? I have my fingers and toes crossed! Make sure you keep us posted!
    @LMB1974 ... As OPGirl mentioned it is Trio in Canada you need to get in touch with to enquire about the trials. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    Marika, I wonder how you are doing? Are you on your own or do ova science provide with some support? I hope to find you well with better hormonal numbers