ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Qwerty5,

Don't sweat the late responses, like you, I didn't get a notification. I didn't think to check-in here either as I haven't had my day 1 yet so I really don't have anything new to report.

The nausea passed after about a week. I think some of it was due to stress. I've chilled out a bit. lol I had been slimmer last year (130 in July) but busted up to 150 now (gaaah), we're calling it my pre-baby body and I figure it has to be from all the progesterone / estrogen hormones I'm taking. Anyway, in terms of the anesthetics, now have a mental note of more fluids/gravol for any future surgeries. It's not unbearable though (ty for sharing!)

I found some more articles of the 2nd wave of candidates, that's good news.. and perplexing as wave 1 just went through the procedure. The main purpose is to determine safety, to me, I would assume they'd wait a few months at least - but I'm sure coupled with whatever the results are from the candidates in the UAE and Turkey who've gone through it first, it's positive. I really, really really do hope you get selected. Just keep pushing.

Just to back up! I never had IVF. I'm a first timer. We literally won the conception lottery (or I'm hoping). I'm 38 years old. Started having funky periods about 5 years ago but was under constant high stress situations. In March 2016 I had a long delay in my cycle. Went to the doctor, found out 4 months before I was to be wed that I had POF/early menopause. I had 2 follicles. Demanded my GP get me to an IVF clinic asap. Was told we couldn't conceive naturally (heart break!) and started to go the route of donors. Out of nowhere Trios said we were perfect for this study, sent our case to the study, we then did a pile of tests and on our next meeting we were in. On that note, we only got in because 3 couples didn't qualify due to their age (this broke my heart. I couldn't accept that we got in, on the heals of couples that were on the waiting list for 2 years.. it really f'ed with me for a while, but dr. said not to think of it and those registered new the 'risks' and their chances etc). Soooo now, this (if it works) would be my first cycle of IVF and first run at anything. We're trying naturally right now cause like.. no time to waste

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OPGirl,
    I don't hold out too much hope of getting in the trials. I've not heard back since the last batch of emails and I don't even know if there will be a third trial but I'll still keep in touch with them anyway ... you never know!

Wow, you're so lucky to be able to do this with your first IVF cycle. Yes ... and listen to what the doc said ... don't feel guilty. It sounds like the other ladies wouldn't have got in anyway due to their age. Trios have their criteria and even if the ladies made the other criteria they still wouldn't have got in if they weren't in the right age bracket. That's the same issue I'm having trying to get in. I'm just hoping with the third intake (if there is one) the criteria may have changed.

Also, do keep trying naturally. I'm on this Facebook group for people in their 40s and there always seems to be someone getting pregnant naturally who thought they couldn't and were surprised.

Are you starting with the treatment straightaway? Will they do the procedure this month and then IVF the following month?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Qwerty5: I should go back to re-read older threads but are you in Toronto (out of curiosity). Just thinking if you can get your GP to get you a referral into Trios in the least to start being serviced by their team (and by default try to push into the study that way). I'm not sure how anyone else has gotten on boarded. If It was via cold-calling and/or because they had been a patient in the past. If you don't keep trying, lol it'll never happen. Conception is not immaculate! As a couple we struggle with our own issues, conceiving naturally sucked the fun out of making love, now it's like 'give me you're damn sperm.. yes, now!' or sucking it up at 3am when you get the random 'pokes' from your husband.. Plus coupled by the hormone changes, being in POF lol I'm a dang mess. The battles women face! That said, I'm still waiting for my day 1. The clinics to contact me to do a false Day 1 within the next week, otherwise I start my progesterone by the end of the month which has in the past triggered a period (non-ovulating).. They'll perform 1 round of IVF for us, if the Ovaprime does work and there's eggs / follicles. I think they said they should start seeing results around the 3 mos mark, so that's what I'm waiting for now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this on another message board, unsure if it's helpful to anyone:

"Hey, I reached out to TRIO 2 months ago and didn't receive a response. I reached out to them today and got a really helpful person that told me that the DOR range is 0.07 to 0.15 pmol/L (the units used are pmol/L). Depending on how well I respond to PRP, I may be looking at Ovaprime. They mentioned they are including subjects up to and including women in their 45th year (I'm not quite there but it's helpful to know that I have a bit more time than I thought).
    Since I just did PRP, I may be waiting 4 weeks before I will be considered due to the exclusion criteria. *6. Subject has participated in the active phase of another investigational trial within the previous 30 days. Other than that I should be a good candidate for this study."

So I can assume based on that, anyone whose been trying to get in whose over the age of 40 should start pressing now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did the surgery

I did my ovaprime surgery. Anyone else did the ovaprime surgery? Can give some updates?

Hugs to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Margret; Hiya! I'm one month in past the re-introduction, mind if I add you just to follow your status etc.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting to hear from all of you involved in OvaPrime. I hope it works out and can help women everywhere.

I'm not sure if it will be an option for me, I will be 46 at the end of this year.
    <MENTS> I had a miracle baby in 2014. He has been diagnosed with ASD, so that is the focus for us at the moment <END MENTS>

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joining Ovaprime trial

I am so excited, I think I have managed to get into the Ovaprime trial. I think it is more or less full in the POR (ie women 40-44) group, but that they are still looking for POI participants (more info about the study can be found here: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03021915)

Unfortunately they seem to have had disappointments with trial participants travelling in from abroad who have not kept their part of the bargain (after you get the trial treatment you have to go to Toronto once a month for up to 12 months) so they are now very reluctant/cautious in signing up any more out of state participants. As we all want this to be available on the market as soon as possible if it turns out to work, it is the responsibility of us participants to facilitate this as much as we can (eg turning up for testing). At least that is what I will do. I am very curious to hear if those of you who have had the second procedure have seen any improvements in your numbers yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK that's really annoying, I just posted a more detailed reply and now it's gone lol

CFF: (sorry this is now a condensed response): My re-introduction was in April. I'm POF/Early Menopause. I now have had a confirmed ovulation/period and now have 2 follicles on one ovary and 1 follicle on the other. Something is definitely happening. Their next steps is cycle monitoring until 6 cycles (so September) and they'll do a round of IVF - OR - I have to get my AMH to double (not sure if there's any supplements out there that I can naturally raise it) and I have to have a total of 5 follicles and they'll do IVF, until then my husband and I are trying naturally. Feel free to PM for more information fi you need and good luck getting into the program!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OPGirl: thanks for the update - I think it sounds very promising. Did you have any follicles developing before you had the procedure? It was a long time since I had 5 antral follicles - if the procedure would result in that it would seem like magic. I am so, so excited.