+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

That so doesn't sound right. I just msged a developer DP is doing 5 frames for ranging from 138m2 to 155m2 and all 5 slabs came to $75k in total. He's doing it as owner building and subbing all the work out to his contacts wit himself doing the gyrocking and the painting. Dp is doing all first/second fix. This guys a great payer. Invoice today he pays today. Why can't all clients be like that

I'd email off and get some independent quotes from a concreter for sure.

What suburb is it in ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    That so doesn't sound right. I just msged a developer DP is doing 5 frames for ranging from 138m2 to 155m2 and all 5 slabs came to $75k in total. He's doing it as owner building and subbing all the work out to his contacts wit himself doing the gyrocking and the painting. Dp is doing all first/second fix. This guys a great payer. Invoice today he pays today. Why can't all clients be like that

I'd email off and get some independent quotes from a concreter for sure.

What suburb is it in ?
    I'll PM you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    A wow.... I think it's a shame that we can't name & shame builders so people are aware of them.
    @A-Squared @Nafsika

Watch today tonight tonight about the builder who is on the run now. We are part of all of this with our court case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    @A-Squared @Nafsika

Watch today tonight tonight about the builder who is on the run now. We are part of all of this with our court case
    Ooooh, okay. Is it on at 6:30?

DH went to see our builder yesterday to talk about all of the extra costs they added to our confirmed price. We should be able to get them down by $5,000 per house. Still not great with the footings but we did have an allowance for extra footings, just not what they came in at.

We knew they were a bit dodgy when they refused to give us the engineering we paid for that they used to get to the final quote.

Unfortunately they know as well as we do that this process has been dragged on far too long and it will cost us more in the long run in time and money and stress to dump them as our builder. So they've been able to get away with deceitful pricing.

Next time we will use a smaller builder that does 2 or 3 houses a year and doing what we did last time and have our own building designer do our plans and do the engineering and timber framing etc ourselves before we select a builder.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Ooooh, okay. Is it on at 6:30?

DH went to see our builder yesterday to talk about all of the extra costs they added to our confirmed price. We should be able to get them down by $5,000 per house. Still not great with the footings but we did have an allowance for extra footings, just not what they came in at.

We knew they were a bit dodgy when they refused to give us the engineering we paid for that they used to get to the final quote.

Unfortunately they know as well as we do that this process has been dragged on far too long and it will cost us more in the long run in time and money and stress to dump them as our builder. So they've been able to get away with deceitful pricing.

Next time we will use a smaller builder that does 2 or 3 houses a year and doing what we did last time and have our own building designer do our plans and do the engineering and timber framing etc ourselves before we select a builder.
    630 yes.

Sounds like to much stress to me. Hence why dp isn't going to do full builds for people anymore I don't want the added stress and the financial strain

I'm still waiting on that number for you to.

Think I'll stick to renovating it's more fun but messy

Just think at the end of all this you will be mortgage free. Save up and go on an awesome holiday to Disney world with the kiddies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @A-Squared @Nafsika

I didn't see this until now...grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    @A-Squared @Nafsika

Ok, I seen it before. I wonder what will happen now. Interesting.
    And the poor people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Here is my painting helper from the weekend. Thankful she got bored quite quickly and I could get back to it.

IMG_1484565490.977556.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I'm kinder renovating. I'm assisting mil with few things but then we plan on buying the house. We are doing pool fencing right now & also gardens. So much ****ty bloody garden.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (16-01-2017)