+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    BH-KatiesMum's Avatar
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    23,195
    Thanks
    5,817
    Thanked
    6,259
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    take it as good news ...

    bubs is still fine, the low FHR not causing any immediate issues so that is good news.

    for everything else

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hello,
    I am praying everything worked out for you. However, I am wondering about outcome of your situation. My sister just had her 20 week ultrasound and everything looks great except her baby has low fetal heart rate as well. Everything I read is not comforting at all. We are a mess! Just looking for similar situation, and found your post. Thank you, for your help!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    A one off low fetal heart rate can just be transient bradycardia. It's terrifying at the time, but not that uncommon. At the 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago we actually watched my daughter's heart completely stop and then resume beating. I was a basket case but the ultrasound tech reassured us it does happen. My husband is a GP and was with me and was able to confirm that it does happen sometimes during scans and isn't cause for panic unless it's an ongoing thing.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 15-02-2017 at 08:54. Reason: Spelling error - changed 'feral' to 'fetal'

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you for your reply. That would be so scary! She goes in tomorrow for an echo cardiogram. Hoping for the best.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    1,073
    Thanked
    881
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    As the ladies said, at this point there is no intervention to be done. What tests have they done? I would rest up as much as you can, from 24 weeks (from memory) they will work on bub if you give birth. Fingers crossed bub is just giving you a scare.
    Depending what state you're in and baby's weight and if you're near a NICU will depend if they will try and save a baby at 23weeks. I was in Brisbane at the Royal when my daughter was born at 25 weeks and a little boy in her NICU room was a 23 weeker. I would ask for first lot of steroids at 22weeks as you have 2 24hrs apart and then weekly if they think you'll have a micro prem.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,030
    Thanks
    1,681
    Thanked
    3,624
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Depending what state you're in and baby's weight and if you're near a NICU will depend if they will try and save a baby at 23weeks. I was in Brisbane at the Royal when my daughter was born at 25 weeks and a little boy in her NICU room was a 23 weeker. I would ask for first lot of steroids at 22weeks as you have 2 24hrs apart and then weekly if they think you'll have a micro prem.
    In regards to this, the decision to actively treat a 23 weeker is based on so very many different shades of grey. They won't actively treat unless the parents are very specific about wanting intervention as the recommendation in *most* situations would be for comfort cares only. It would also depend on size of the baby and the individual baby in question. Please make sure any discussions about treating a baby 23-24 weeks gestation include a neonatologist who can give a more realistic view of what may lie ahead. It definitely helps to know of things that can help your baby have a better chance (i.e. Steroid injections), but survival of a premature baby at 23, 24 even 25 weeks is by no means a guarantee, regardless of what interventions are taken and the likelihood of some kind of permanent disability is far greater.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    1,073
    Thanked
    881
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Slow fetal heart rate 20 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    In regards to this, the decision to actively treat a 23 weeker is based on so very many different shades of grey. They won't actively treat unless the parents are very specific about wanting intervention as the recommendation in *most* situations would be for comfort cares only. It would also depend on size of the baby and the individual baby in question. Please make sure any discussions about treating a baby 23-24 weeks gestation include a neonatologist who can give a more realistic view of what may lie ahead. It definitely helps to know of things that can help your baby have a better chance (i.e. Steroid injections), but survival of a premature baby at 23, 24 even 25 weeks is by no means a guarantee, regardless of what interventions are taken and the likelihood of some kind of permanent disability is far greater.
    I'm not saying it's an easy road. We went through hell for her first 18months but I'm a parent of a micro prem and have done the journey so was trying to give a little hope in letting the OP know about the steroids to try and help with best lung development possible and for all either of us know they might not suggest steroids if there is a heart condition, who knows. If you're looking at having a micro prem the NICU team have a meeting with parents to discuss the risk involved but to some parents they chose to fight for their children. Have you seen the recent statistics (& not just google stats) on babies born at 25weeks and the chances of problems? I have and have lived it first hand.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Wow. I am so sorry. Scary! Do you mind me asking if this was recent and how everything worked out?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks
    1,073
    Thanked
    881
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desi9595 View Post
    Wow. I am so sorry. Scary! Do you mind me asking if this was recent and how everything worked out?
    My little miracle is now 6.5 & in grade 1. She is little for her age but a pocket rocket. She has chronic lung disease (where a cold can turn nasty quickly) but apart from that she is switched on and thriving. Stubborn and independent too. There's no way I'd go back and not ask for them to save her or at least try as I can't imagine her not being here and being a parent who's had 2 stillborns I'd always fight for my children but everyone is different.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 21:30
  2. What was your babies HEART-RATE at 14 weeks!??
    By samilia in forum Second Trimester Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-03-2014, 13:19
  3. Low fetal heart rate? HELP!
    By happypeanut in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 19:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›