+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    1,396
    Thanked
    3,002
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I know a number of liberal supporters who are absolutely dismayed at how awful he has been. Its like he's treating Australia as his own personal plaything. So embarrassing.
    I'm a liberal supporter and I think Tony NEEDS to go. Julie Bishop for PM. I don't understand the prince Philip knighthood. What's the reasoning? Has he forgotten that Philip once asked an indigenous leader they still throw spears at each other... In 2002!?!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (26-01-2015)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,877
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'm so shocked to read that you are a liberal supporter! You've always convenyed compassion, understanding. .. a social conscience through your posts. Essentially all qualities liberal supporters don't have. Just..wow!
    s:
    Fair dinkum. What sanctimonious drivel.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (26-01-2015),J37  (26-01-2015),MINIRoo  (26-01-2015),MissMuppet  (26-01-2015),SeymourTheBear  (26-01-2015)

  5. #13
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,179
    Thanks
    6,426
    Thanked
    16,390
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I'm a liberal supporter and I think Tony NEEDS to go. Julie Bishop for PM. I don't understand the prince Philip knighthood. What's the reasoning? Has he forgotten that Philip once asked an indigenous leader they still throw spears at each other... In 2002!?!
    Ha ha. Now I've never been a Liberal supporter (not sure why I've put that disclaimer in!), but I saw that outcry about that comment, and I thought, well to be fair, he's from a different time, we've all said stuff in the past that we might learn from and would cringe at now, blah blah blah...

    Then I heard it was said this century.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (26-01-2015),M'LadyEm  (26-01-2015)

  7. #14
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,262
    Thanks
    9,349
    Thanked
    4,884
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Knighthood for Prince Phillip?

    I'm glad it's something we all seem to agree on, left or right, that this is an absolute w@nk!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

    MissMuppet  (26-01-2015),Oblena  (26-01-2015)

  9. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    1,396
    Thanked
    3,002
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    Ha ha. Now I've never been a Liberal supporter (not sure why I've put that disclaimer in!), but I saw that outcry about that comment, and I thought, well to be fair, he's from a different time, we've all said stuff in the past that we might learn from and would cringe at now, blah blah blah...

    Then I heard it was said this century.
    Yeah, perhaps it would be a bit more understandable if he said it in 1954 when he and the queen made their first trip down under. I'm not sure how he is an example of someone who had positively promoted Australia or exemplifies the Australian values and culture or whatever the criteria is. Clearly there is no criteria!

  10. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,344
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am a very passionate Liberal supporter...but not a huge fan of Tony Abbott. I do, however, have an old-man crush on Peter Costello, and would LOVE for him to be Prime Minister. And yes...I do realise I have a sickness.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (26-01-2015),HearMeRoar  (26-01-2015)

  12. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,869
    Thanks
    879
    Thanked
    1,201
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do his 'people' just set him up to look like an idiot or did he make his choice all on his own? Real question: is he an intelligent man?

  13. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,344
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Do his 'people' just set him up to look like an idiot or did he make his choice all on his own? Real question: is he an intelligent man?
    Personally, I do believe he is intelligent, and has sound economic principle. But I think he has limited skill in communication; I think he often speaks before thinking, and this distracts from his intended message.
    However, knighting Prince Phillip does seem pointless, whoever came up with the idea.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (26-01-2015)

  15. #19
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I know a number of liberal supporters who are absolutely dismayed at how awful he has been. Its like he's treating Australia as his own personal plaything. So embarrassing.
    Sorry, but why, why, why are they surprised? The writing was on the wall long before the election. (said as a dyed in the wool leftie).

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

    Busy-Bee  (26-01-2015)

  17. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    1,396
    Thanked
    3,002
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I am a very passionate Liberal supporter...but not a huge fan of Tony Abbott. I do, however, have an old-man crush on Peter Costello, and would LOVE for him to be Prime Minister. And yes...I do realise I have a sickness.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I think if Costello had replaced Howard as leader in the final year of his term, they would have had a better shot at winning the following election. He would've made a better PM than Abbott for sure.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    MissMuppet  (26-01-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Prince Alfred or Prince of Wales for birth? (Sydney)
    By heplusme in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-12-2014, 19:48
  2. Family Day Care on Phillip Island
    By gps in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-11-2014, 19:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›