+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cost effective 'The Pill'

I am going to the Dr today to see about going on the pill. The last time I got the pill, the Dr at the time gave me the most expensive one on the market, and I couldn't afford to keep up with it. Can someone please recommend a few different types of the pill, that are cheap, yet work well? I used to use marvelon at one point, but that was expensive for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am on trifeme I think which a generic brand. I think it's $16 for a box which has 4x4 weeks in the box.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I currently take Microlut, which is quite inexpensive BUT it is a mini pill.

Avoid Diane - it's really pricey. Previously I look Loette for a few years and I found it to be a good effective pill - it's cheaper if you get the generic version.

I've taken trifeme in the past - it did take a few months to get used to it though (nausea, moody and hormonal).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I currently take Microlut, which is quite inexpensive BUT it is a mini pill.

Avoid Diane - it's really pricey. Previously I look Loette for a few years and I found it to be a good effective pill - it's cheaper if you get the generic version.

I've taken trifeme in the past - it did take a few months to get used to it though (nausea, moody and hormonal).
    I just read up on trifeme and a few people said nausea and a bad mood swings were common. I might avoid this one, as I'm already a 8itch 😂

Perhaps I might ask about levlen. I remember I was on that as a kid (due to AF problems, not being a slapper!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Edameny89 For This Useful Post:

ThenThereWereThree  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cost effective 'The Pill'

I was once on monofem (that may be spelt incorrectly). From memory it was $12-14 for 3-4 month supply.

Eta- it's one of the lower doses in comparison. I didn't have any side effects. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Edameny89 View Post
    I just read up on trifeme and a few people said nausea and a bad mood swings were common. I might avoid this one, as I'm already a 8itch

Perhaps I might ask about levlen. I remember I was on that as a kid (due to AF problems, not being a slapper!)
    I remember on the trifeme I would burst into tears over insignificant things (and I'm not normally like that). Once I cried whilst I was out driving because I had to wait for a fire engine to reverse out of the fire station

I do recommend Loette, but when you get the script filled at the chemist ask for the generic brand. It's about $35 for 3 months for the regular Loette.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Edameny89  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I remember on the trifeme I would burst into tears over insignificant things (and I'm not normally like that). Once I cried whilst I was out driving because I had to wait for a fire engine to reverse out of the fire station

I do recommend Loette, but when you get the script filled at the chemist ask for the generic brand. It's about $35 for 3 months for the regular Loette.
    Oh dear that does sound bad! If I was on it, I can already foresee that I would burst into tears if Dr Phil was running late on telly hahahaha.

Thanks I'll ask my GP about it. I always get the generics, because I'm a tight **** and can't justify wasting money on basically the same thing lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have found trifeme much more tolerable than the mini pill. I was crazy on that.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have found trifeme much more tolerable than the mini pill. I was crazy on that.
    Mmmhmm! Hell yes. And the mini pill makes me eat like I'm never going to get a good meal again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm on levlen it was about $25-30 for three months I think.