+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby wanting to feed to sleep

Recently my 9 month old has started crawling and pulling himself up on things and now whenever I put him to bed he stands up straight away in his cot or crawls everywhere. I understand this is a new skill he's learnt and it's great but he won't get to sleep now unless I feed him and a lot of the time its in my arms (and then when I go and put him down....BOOM! Straighy back up!) Ive tried controlled crying but it doesnt work for him plus I can't stand listening to him cry/scream. How do I get him to resettle without feeding and falling asleep in my arms? Or is falling asleep in my arms really such a bad thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and no. Today for example he fell asleep in my arms and slept for an hour, it was nice. Hes my last baby and I love being close to him... but, I have three other children (plus guests over today too ) and I couldn't move otherwise he'd wake up. He doesnt always nap either. The feeding to sleep is really my main concern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    If you put him down and pat his back and shush will he stay laying down? When my ds started this (I hope no one judges me for this) I had to hold him down meaning i would hold his bum and pat his back with his other hand. It took a few day but now he does actually play in his cot until he is tired enough to sleep. I think it is a bit of a phase though he fought every sleep at 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He does at times if hes really sleepy but more often the not he will stand/sit up as soon as I leave the room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm kind of just subscribing because DS only ever goes to sleep with either a bottle or boob in his mouth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Hmm, I feed to sleep still (DS3 is 19 months old) but we dont have any issues with it... so it isnt a huge issues unless it is for you - what works for some doesnt work for everyone, so if its not working for you then I think good on you for trying to find another solution, I hope someone can give you some helpful advice

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I've always fed to sleep/fed right before their sleep until they stopped. Music always helped us. I would start it when they started feeding and then once they finished put them down and pat. If that didn't work I resorted to rocking and then put them down. Didn't last forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I guess its a phase I'm sure he won't need to be fed/rocked to sleep when hes older.