DH and I have just opened another account. While the I asked if there was a limit to the number of account we could have. The lady said no and DH quickly said "don't tell her that". He was resistant in opening this account saying it was going to get confusing but I don't think it will.
1. everyday account - that pay goes into. (This account has a card)
2. A savings account - that I put $20 in a week to save for anything that needs repairs like washer, car etc (this account does not have a card)
3. Food & Fuel account - obviously for food and petrol (this account has a card)
4. Direct debit account - money goes in here to cover all bills like electric, gas, mobile, water, rent, internet, insurances, rego, ambulance, memberships, etc and the money just comes out each week or fortnight (this account does not have a card)
5. Xmas club - for Christmas
6. A second Xmas club - but I use it to save for a holiday ( I can dream)
7, 8 & 9 our kids each have an account as well. I put $10 a week away for each of them and if anyone gives them money for any it goes in here. (These do not hard cards, they don't even know about them because they are to young 3, 2 and 2)
We only have 2 cards. One has a cerise card option the other doesn't and they don't look the same.
I find that account for different things helps me keep on top of things, whatever is left in the every day account at the end of the week we can do what we like with, move it to a savings account, pay more on a bill, go to the movies, take the kids somewhere, have take away one night, etc.
Am I crazy? Or are there other people that do the same? How many accounts do you have?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 13
14-01-2015 10:38 #1
How many accounts do people have?
14-01-2015 10:45 #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
My DH and I have 4 accounts in total.
1 x everday/savings - joint
1 x mortgage - joint
1 x savings at another bank - mine only
1 x savings - his only.
The kids dont have accounts as it is more beneficial to them that we pay off our home before saving for them.
14-01-2015 11:08 #3
Yes we do the same! We have 9 accounts. We like doing it this way as DH gets paid monthly & I'm paid weekly, if we weren't organised like this we'd be eating baked beans the last week before DH gets paid. We each keep an agreed amount from our pay for ourselves, the rest is filtered off into the various accounts. We sit down & work it out each month when DH gets paid & my pay covers groceries/bills from week to week.
14-01-2015 11:10 #4
1. Every day- everything comes out of it, I have a diary to write what all transfers are due.
2. Credit card
3. Savings- it's connected to Medicare so all our rebates go in there and currently putting money away for my pregnancy management fee.
4. A savings account I put our home loan money in.
5. Dh has a meals/entertainment card from work.
6&7. The boys savings accounts. I put $10 a week in and any cash gifts from family.
I think that all so 7!
14-01-2015 11:17 #5
We have 4 accounts
1) my account, dh's pay goes into it and its used to pay most of the bills. Only I have a card for this account.
2) my saver account (we dont use it though so will be closing it)
3) online saver account- this is where our house deposit is and where we put our savings. We can see it, we can add to it but we cant touch the money once its in there
4) joint account- my centrelink goes into this account. Opened it so dh could access money while he is away as the bank wouldn't give him a card for my account. We both have cards for this account.
14-01-2015 11:36 #6
1. Personal account
2. My daughters account
3. Joint spendings account for shopping/bills
4. Joint savings
5. Joint savings which will be closed after 3 months when the extra interest drops below the amount that the other savings account generates.
14-01-2015 13:29 #7
14-01-2015 14:12 #8
I'm so jelly of the organised hubbers here! I would love that many accounts for different purposes. DH would die!
We have our joint account
Both have our own account
Both boys have 1 each.
14-01-2015 14:21 #9
Not crazy. I like them all for separate things. Only 1 of my banks charge n account fee, the others don't.
1. My spending
2. DH spending
The only reason they are separate is that I can remember my number off by heart which is handy when you get asked for it on the spot.
3. Bills account
4. Car savings account
5. House deposit account
6. Travel savings account - we visit interstate a bit
7. General savings - for birthdays/ Xmas/ a particular purchase like a Thermomix or Dyson for example
8. DDs account
9. Credit card
And we will open one for DS once I get around to it.
14-01-2015 14:22 #10
Also, I'm in charge of the money/bills etc. So DH doesn't really get a say lol
By MissWildChild in forum Family FinancesReplies: 12Last Post: 02-01-2015, 20:57
By babyla in forum Family FinancesReplies: 36Last Post: 31-12-2014, 17:25
By Minkie in forum Working Hubbers - EmployedReplies: 5Last Post: 13-11-2014, 20:22
Wendys Music SchoolWendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Am I the only thread killer??General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Same sex parents or parents to be chat!Same Sex Parents