+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    2,258
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Feeling really down

    I need to vent..

    I have just come back from the Knee Surgeon and I have to have 2 MRI's on my knees plus a blood test for Rheumatoid Arthritis which he suspects I have in my knees

    He has told me I need to give up my Nursing course immediately..

    I am devestated, feeling really down and in pain.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    980
    Thanked
    959
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You've been having a rough time lately. That's such a shame about your course. I hope things look brighter soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    2,258
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    You've been having a rough time lately. That's such a shame about your course. I hope things look brighter soon.

    Thanks , i feel like such a failure... Im over being in constant pain, its been over 8 months now , 2 operations later and im still in pain and now im other knee is painful... I just want to go to bed and stay there for a long time

  4. #4
    BH-KatiesMum's Avatar
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    23,621
    Thanks
    6,097
    Thanked
    6,740
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    2,258
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post

    thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,322
    Thanks
    980
    Thanked
    959
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Thanks , i feel like such a failure... Im over being in constant pain, its been over 8 months now , 2 operations later and im still in pain and now im other knee is painful... I just want to go to bed and stay there for a long time
    You're not a failure. It's just a rough trot. Things will get better. Are cortisone injections an option? They might provide some relief.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,468
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    34
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That really suck!! You poor thing. Do you mind me asking why you have to give it up?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    2,258
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    You're not a failure. It's just a rough trot. Things will get better. Are cortisone injections an option? They might provide some relief.

    no they havent helped at all

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    566
    Thanked
    2,258
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    That really suck!! You poor thing. Do you mind me asking why you have to give it up?

    i have to give it up as i cant do the 10 weeks prac which is a requirement

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12,069
    Thanks
    3,166
    Thanked
    3,439
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh hon, that's rough and especially when you were just getting started on your new career too hopefully the MRI's don't show anything like arthritis and are just a little worn out or something.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egh feeling down
    By Dreamer1 in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-03-2014, 22:05
  2. Feeling sad
    By me+he&she=three in forum General depression and blues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-03-2014, 12:21
  3. Feeling Sad & Alone :(
    By BandE0913 in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 10:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
TPS Health Physiotherapy and PilatesTPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›