+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,352
    Thanks
    1,715
    Thanked
    4,747
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Thanks for the way in which you explained it to your DD, I've been trying but I think your words might be better than mine. She's so keen bless them!
    I also found our GP useful. She's great and basically confirmed what I was saying....but hearing it from a doctor made her so much more at peace that it wasn't anything she was doing wrong.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,358
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's interesting as it doesn't seem to make a difference - I forgot one night and gave her milk in a cup before bed and she didn't wet the bed. No drinks and she does.

  3. #13
    SuperGranny's Avatar
    SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,078
    Thanks
    7,162
    Thanked
    3,479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sorry icandream I missed that. my only other thought, could there be an infection? I also think I would stop waking her up. Doesn't the bladder have to continue growing by holding more?? have you seen a doctor about this?? marie.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,352
    Thanks
    1,715
    Thanked
    4,747
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    It's interesting as it doesn't seem to make a difference - I forgot one night and gave her milk in a cup before bed and she didn't wet the bed. No drinks and she does.
    I know. My youngest has been dry for two months and takes a drink to bed with him every single night. We have tried to get him to stop having a drink in bed but he just wakes us up for a drink in the middle of the night. He is my only child who drinks during the night and the youngest to be dry overnight.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,671
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Any ideas how to toilet train at all....my 2yr 7 month old is not interested at all, but are when we use the toilet. We even got him a seat and explained. But nothing.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,358
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I know. My youngest has been dry for two months and takes a drink to bed with him every single night. We have tried to get him to stop having a drink in bed but he just wakes us up for a drink in the middle of the night. He is my only child who drinks during the night and the youngest to be dry overnight.
    DS has been dry overnight since he was 3, we did nothing it just clicked with him but he's a guzzler in the night too but I think I could count on one hand the amount of times he has ever wet the bed. Man kids are baffling aren't they!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,329
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    1,358
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Any ideas how to toilet train at all....my 2yr 7 month old is not interested at all, but are when we use the toilet. We even got him a seat and explained. But nothing.
    We had a seat that sat on the toilet with steps for them to climb up to the seat. My kids never showed interested or so we thought and one day they both just decided to stop wearing nappies. DS I don't recall having any accidents but DD did. I think sometimes we underestimate how much they are taking in.

    Just keep encouraging him, he's still quite young to fully get it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

    Nafsika  (09-01-2015)

  9. #18
    SuperGranny's Avatar
    SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,078
    Thanks
    7,162
    Thanked
    3,479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Any ideas how to toilet train at all....my 2yr 7 month old is not interested at all, but are when we use the toilet. We even got him a seat and explained. But nothing.
    I think average age for successful toilet training is about 2 , but I wouldn't be too worried until 3 yrs plus. It is just learning a new habit, so it will take some time, for every child. marie.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

    Nafsika  (09-01-2015)

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,671
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    We had a seat that sat on the toilet with steps for them to climb up to the seat. My kids never showed interested or so we thought and one day they both just decided to stop wearing nappies. DS I don't recall having any accidents but DD did. I think sometimes we underestimate how much they are taking in.

    Just keep encouraging him, he's still quite young to fully get it.
    Thank you, I think until 3 is ok, after that I'll seek professional help. LoL


 

Similar Threads

  1. ASD and night toilet training.
    By beebs in forum Parents of Children with Special Needs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-11-2014, 20:37
  2. Night toilet training
    By 2BlueBirds in forum Constipation, Toilet Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-01-2014, 22:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Tonight we're smashing into...#4Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
Over 40 with a Tubal Reversal, Trying to conceiveConception & Fertility General Chat
The coffee threadGeneral Chat
the fertility centre sunshineIVF Newbies - What you want to know
How much 1:1 time with partnerGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Joyful JanuaryConception & Fertility General Chat
Fantastic FebruaryConception & Fertility General Chat
3 Kids2 year olds
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT