+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 882
  1. #681
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm being sent home later this afternoon.

    They said 'it' (I hate that term!) should pass as if it was a normal, but heavier, period- as it was still so early.

    Anyone have experience with this? I asked what I could expect, but that's all they said (expect a slightly heavier-than-period bleed)?
    How many weeks were you? I might have been a bit earlier because my bleed was only the day after AF was due, but the bleed was more like lochia than a period. Very heavy with some very dark clots and lasted 7-8 days instead of my usual 5.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this

  2. #682
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    Hey DT, I had quite a heavy bleed then spotting for around a week, I was just 5 weeks. I know a lot of ladies say they get clots but I didn't have anything other than what would be a heavy period. No major cramping or pain. My body is definitely a little out of whack now but I had my mirena in for three years without a period so I don't really know what normal was anyway.

    I think it was harder emotionally for me. I didn't feel connected so didn't grieve, just felt like I let down my husband because I failed to carry, which I know isn't the case, it's just how I felt. Take care of yourself and be kind xx our turn will come again

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lollyandme For This Useful Post:

    octonaut  (19-02-2015)

  4. #683
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanks
    2,008
    Thanked
    1,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by octonaut View Post
    How many weeks were you? I might have been a bit earlier because my bleed was only the day after AF was due, but the bleed was more like lochia than a period. Very heavy with some very dark clots and lasted 7-8 days instead of my usual 5.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this
    5 weeks.
    If it's around AF time, it's usually a chemical pregnancy, this is well after AF.

  5. #684
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked
    155
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm being sent home later this afternoon.

    They said 'it' (I hate that term!) should pass as if it was a normal, but heavier, period- as it was still so early.

    Anyone have experience with this? I asked what I could expect, but that's all they said (expect a slightly heavier-than-period bleed)?
    I'm so sorry for your loss DT75.

    Hugs xxxxxx

  6. #685
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanks
    2,008
    Thanked
    1,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollyandme View Post
    Hey DT, I had quite a heavy bleed then spotting for around a week, I was just 5 weeks. I know a lot of ladies say they get clots but I didn't have anything other than what would be a heavy period. No major cramping or pain. My body is definitely a little out of whack now but I had my mirena in for three years without a period so I don't really know what normal was anyway.

    I think it was harder emotionally for me. I didn't feel connected so didn't grieve, just felt like I let down my husband because I failed to carry, which I know isn't the case, it's just how I felt. Take care of yourself and be kind xx our turn will come again
    Ok, I am/was 5 weeks too. I feel the same... it sucks

  7. #686
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    It does. My ever practical husband just kept telling me it wasn't meant to be and perhaps it was better this way, my body was rejecting a bad egg or something. He is right based on what the literature says but still you want to rage against the world a little and those things don't help.

    This isn't your fault lovely x

  8. #687
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    5 weeks.
    If it's around AF time, it's usually a chemical pregnancy, this is well after AF.
    To me it doesn't matter if it's technically defined as a chemical or a miscarriage. A loss is a loss and they both feel the same, and being only a few days ahead of me your outcomes may well be similar to mine. Just trying to help.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octonaut For This Useful Post:

    becbee  (19-02-2015),DT75  (19-02-2015)

  10. #688
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked
    229
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm being sent home later this afternoon.

    They said 'it' (I hate that term!) should pass as if it was a normal, but heavier, period- as it was still so early.

    Anyone have experience with this? I asked what I could expect, but that's all they said (expect a slightly heavier-than-period bleed)?
    I'm so so sorry

    This happened to me last month at 5 weeks too. I just started bleeding which turned out to be no heavier than normal AF. I was in a lot of pain though! The doc from hospital gave me a script for endone but I never used it. I would suggest heat packs and Panadol. I took a week of work... I was a mess. Please look after yourself DT75. Xxx

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to grace For This Useful Post:

    DT75  (19-02-2015)

  12. #689
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    20
    Reviews
    0
    Sorry to read the sad news @DT75. 😔 wishing you all the best and a safe return to TTC

  13. #690
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,412
    Thanks
    351
    Thanked
    379
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Flirty February Testing Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm being sent home later this afternoon.

    They said 'it' (I hate that term!) should pass as if it was a normal, but heavier, period- as it was still so early.

    Anyone have experience with this? I asked what I could expect, but that's all they said (expect a slightly heavier-than-period bleed)?
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. having been through this 3 times now, I can tell you that it can really vary. The first time (at 5 weeks), It was an extremely painful, clotty, yuck period about 5 days after i would normally have gotten AF and lasted for 10 days, but the heaviest part was the first 3 days.

    The second time(again at 5 weeks), it was a late and heavy period, not as painful but still painful, still lasting 10 days.

    The third time (at somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks), I had no pain at all, but spotted for 3 weeks before having the yuckiest clottiest period which then lasted an extra 10 days on top of that.

    Each time, i was unable to identify when the baby had passed.

    I really hope you are ok and able to move through this. Hoping you have plenty of support as you grieve your loss xx
    Last edited by jussi; 19-02-2015 at 21:20.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to jussi For This Useful Post:

    DT75  (19-02-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Legendary February Testing Thread 2014
    By CassJ in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1061
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 08:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Innovations Sports PhysiotherapyWomen’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Cat napping?General Sleeping & Settling Chat
Private OB at Box Hill Hospital?Seeking a Maternity Hospital
Tattoo painGeneral Chat
Help! Jury duty in WAGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Trigger: Game of Thrones Predications for 2017Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›