Closed Thread
Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations marttc on the arrival of your daughter x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you BBC 22 faiths love Riss 78 and Lilypily about your messages. Yes Lilypily you are exactly right about regret management. And yes I have my phone consult booked with Dr M for the 23 rd of this month. Even though I have no known immune and implantation issues ..as I have been pregnant twice let's see what he has to say......where r u at bbc22 ...did u get your pgd results? How r u travelling faiths love? Are u doing a stim or transferring your frozen? Riss 78 and Marttc I know she used to be more caring ..... I have also trusted her blindly but now she just doesn't want the cases which have lesser hope I think..... I have been on this thread since u guys were trying and u all had such positive experiences with her. I just think she has gone really success driven and extremely busy.

when we met her she said we can do another laproscopy and tie my tube that is blocked as it sometimes releases some toxins which could hinder implantation.has anyone had any experience with tying the tube?. Plus she would give me a scratch too before we transfer our last 2 frozens with her. She is just hitting and trying now and my blasts are C grade . So I hardly have any hope.
    Last edited by Sue77; 07-07-2015 at 23:02.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Afseg View Post
    @Sue77 I am so relieved to hear that I am not the only one who has experienced the blunt tongue and apparent coldness. I am 41, have had 3 stim cycles with her and produced blasties which have been tested and found to have chromosomal defects every time. At my last visit I had a very similar conversation with Lynn to the one you had.
    And the horrible thing is - I made the choice to go with the person who is no doubt technically very good, but appears to lack the other qualities that I now find I need - empathy and diplomacy. I joked with my friends about how weird it was to have a doctor who didn't touch you, but now I find that matters a lot. I could kick myself because now, having gone to the technical best, I don't have anywhere else to go. I have a referral to Dr Lolatgis, but I have heard that his bedside manner is similar to Lynn's.

I still have it in me to roll the dice and do some more stim cycles, but I feel my ovaries shrinking when I go into her office. Can anyone suggest a kind, slightly hippy doctor in Melbourne who might hold my hand and let me waste another $20K on 2 more stim cycles and then help me to let go? I don't think at my age I can wait til November to see Dr Wazza in Brisbane.

I'm a bit sad atm because I received my PGD test results today, as you can probably tell. And let me stress - I'm not blaming Lynn Burmeister for my inability to produce good eggs - it's my body, my age, my lifestyle, my infertility. Its just that she just leaves your heart in ruins for the counsellor to put back together.

Hi Afseg .. I totally understand what you are going through. It's just not being clinically the best( which she is) it's about the care factor. I mean I seriously don't expect TLC from a doctor but atleast don't shrug off cases like this..... But please don't lose hope just because a few of your embryos had chromosomal abnormalities. Their is always a chance to get good ones..and it really doesn't matter . I can say as my 2 embryos which chromosomally were test normal.. Failed to implant without any known issue. All I can see is please don't get disheartened love,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Afseg  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also sorry to hear people disappointed with Lynn... I must admit, I ended up with her by shear luck. I knew I wanted to go with Monash over the other clinics, but hadn't chosen a FS. My GP strongly suggested Lynn as she'd heard her speak at other conferences and said she was great. This is only a few month before the whole Sonia Kruger thing, so I suspect I beat the rush.

I do agree, in her office she is quite busy. But I half expected that, and always tried have my questions ready etc. However, it is a relationship, and if you're not happy, then it's time to move on.

But I truly disagree with the statements that she doesn't take or drops clients who bring down her fertility rates. Lynn has enough of a reputation that I cannot believe she'd do that. It's borderline unethical... And she is known for "tough cases". If she dropped everyone who was tough, she'd be another run of the mill FS. In my opinion anyway...

Anyway, I do wish everyone the best.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies re: melatonin. Was asking for a friend... I hope I don't have to take it again... we have 6 frosties so finger crossed no full stim cycles ever again!

It's been nearly 2 years since I have seen Lynn but she was amazing when I did see her and i'll be forever grateful to her for my 2 baby girls. Sorry to hear people have been having issues with her, might be worth writing an anonymous letter and posting it in just as an FYI! It'll be another year before I go back to see her for #3 so can't give any feed back til then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilietak I totally understand what u mean , I agree she is the best in business , that's why we are with her .. It's just that we feel that in the last two years ... She has become extremely busy and yes she is known for taking very challenging cases that's why she is always in news but some ladies like us who have not been able to achieve success with her on multiple cycles ( despite her trying every thing) do get her success rates down because she is known for cracking it in the first go....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Afseg  (09-07-2015),skye76  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #5

I cycled 12 times with Lynn and never felt like she was worried about her stats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 - I understand you must be beyond frustrated and heartbroken... We were very fortunate, so it's not my place to judge. Your feelings and frustrations are real, and this is the place to vent. I was just giving my opinion.

I do wish you the best of luck in your future cycles, and maybe a change is what you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to admit I feel the same as @Sue77 - Lynn tends to rush you and I feel sometimes doesn't take the time to really hear everything but also feel she wouldn't want to dismiss patients that are in the "to hard baskets". It's definitely a tough one. I'm hearing your pain though @Sue77 - you just sometimes don't know what to do and don't know what direction to take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very true Faiths Love .. I totally get what u mean... U do feel directionless at times just not knowing what to do ... But we have to stay strong I guess . There is no other way.. Take care of yourself Hun xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (14-07-2015)