+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy rates

Got another BFN right before xmas. Its shattering. I was speaking to some people whom said some clinics are better than others so I should look around. I’ve seen some stuff on the net but mainly adverts. Nothing that really tells you all the different rates for clinics. I’m worried as I’m using the cheaper Melbourne IVF clinic TFC. If you get to many eggs they don’t fertilize them all. They only fertilize a set number and I’m worried that’s to low to get me pregnant. They put the other eggs on ice for next cycle.It don’t make heaps of cense to me. At first I thought it meant they freeze the embys I didn’t need for that cycle which made cense but its not that. They freeze your eggs so you can only have the number fertilized that they want. the nurse said that’s how TFC works but not to worry as its like getting two cycles for the price of one but not really. If I went somewhere else I’d get all my eggs fertilised and then get more embys to help get me pregnant. Is any other clinic doing this to? Do you reckon I should pay full price to get all my eggs fertilised?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can happily recommend Monash IVF. To me it is riskier freezing eggs as they don't thaw as successfully as embryos. Eggs are precious and you don't want to waste them!

If you can find the money I would definitely pay to go somewhere where they fertilise all eggs and ideally grow to day 5 (although that's my FS's preference and others prefer to only grow to day 3) and I would highly recommend finding the money to see a highly regarded FS. That will pay for itself in the long term as you won't waste cycles doing the same old thing over and over if it isn't working for you. There are lots of different protocols a FS could apply to your personal circumstances.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

tessamat (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do eggs not thaw well? I was told their the same as embys. All the things i've been told from my clinic don't add up. Start saving for better treatment i guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Egg thawing has improved but no where near as good as embryo thawing. Change clinics if i were you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tessamat View Post
    Do eggs not thaw well? I was told their the same as embys. All the things i've been told from my clinic don't add up. Start saving for better treatment i guess
    My layman's understanding is that an egg is one cell so if that cell doesn't thaw you have nothing. An embryo has multiple cells after a few days of dividing so if you lose 1 or 2 cells then there are plenty more cells still going forward. I hope that's the right information I'm giving you anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That makes sense MrsErinR. It feels like that's why its cheaper to. I talked with DH last night. We reckon they are tryin to lower your chances of getting pregnant so you have to come back more and end up spending the same as if you'd paid full $$$ the first time. Guess you get what you pay for. MrsErinR what FS did you use at Monash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tessamat, I'll PM my FS details to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't PM you. Probably as you're new to bubhub and haven't done enough posts yet. Try adding a few here maybe! I'll try again later to message you :-)