Closed Thread
Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hugs heartstringz. men often need to be told these things. they just don't see how small selfish actions impact on others. maybe a conversation would be helpful. just to let him know how you are feeling about all of this. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    that is really crazy. so sorry you have to deal with this. what if one car breaks down? or one of you is unwell? must be so hard to deal with crazy people. hugs, marie.
    We don't have a car... so that has it's own problems.
    I was sick Mon-Wed this week (food poisoning) DH couldn't get out of work, so I had to still do the drop off Mon, pick-up Tues, take to activity, drop odd Wed. It was a nightmare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, DH, I am mad at you.
    you have just asked me, for the 8th time, what time I am working today.
    I am NOT working today. I took the day off so I could take DSS to his excursion this morning, and DSD to netball this afternoon.
    Remember? You said you had an important meeting (AT 2PM!) that you had to prep for and didn't know when it would finish?
    No? No meeting? Hmm, so you lied and can't recall your lie?
    You're an idiot. Be home by 4.30pm and cook dinner, or so help me....

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wow DT75, you need some support from someone, you are not really expected to hold the whole house on your shoulders. Hugs, marie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

DT75  (14-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So im sitting there at lunch time watching my 8 month old ds eat his scrambled eggs, the news comes on the radio saying that there is currently a salmonella outbreak from eggs. Great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    So im sitting there at lunch time watching my 8 month old ds eat his scrambled eggs, the news comes on the radio saying that there is currently a salmonella outbreak from eggs. Great.
    It's only darling downs eggs that have been recalled in GC stores. If you cooked your eggs well there won't be a problem. Don't worry. It's ok

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (13-03-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Disappointment is one of the hardest emotions to deal with.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I whinge a lot..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Context first: Tomorrow is our 1st Wedding Anniversary. We will spend the day apart (both kids have separate parties 3 & 4 hours away) and only see each other when getting ready in the morning, and doing bedtime routine.
    So, we agreed to do presents tonight.
    DSD acted up, so got sent to bed early. DH refused to do presents without her.

It's OUR anniversary, not theirs. They don't have presents to or from us. I was really trying to see his reasoning (absolute need to include them), until he said, "It's only our first wedding anniversary anyway. It's not like it's an important one".

Well, guess what DH- it's important to me.
    This may be your 3rd first wedding anniversary (I'm his 3rd wife), but it is my 1st first. It's important to me.
    We're not doing it tonight, and we can't do it tomorrow.
    I don't want to do it at all now.
    But the gifts are bought, so I'll put them in his work bag and he can find them Monday while I do the school run and come home to clean the house.

I am ridiculously disappointed.

(A part of me wanted to include the kids, because they're here and it's nice. But I don't see the absolute need. Especially as DSD did the wrong thing, and should have a consequence... sending her to bed 8mins before her brother [and DH letting her read] is not a consequence).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband always chooses a movie to watch without checking what I'm interested in, even if when I'm sitting next to him. We're watching some dumb Budapest hotel movie and it's sooooo boring which I could have told him if he asked what I wanted to watch!