Closed Thread
Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 987
  1. #291
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,395
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,952
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Almost 4 month old DS has not slept since 7 am and it's nearly 12:30

  2. #292
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,748
    Thanks
    7,617
    Thanked
    6,448
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Almost 4 month old DS has not slept since 7 am and it's nearly 12:30
    Oh dear...

  3. #293
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    469
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So I spent 45 mins rocking ds to sleep & then 15 mins later dh came in saying there was a phone call for me, and woke ds up. And of course he couldn't resettle him as he has a migraine.

    So I spent 30 mins trying to resettle with no luck, so I got him up. Had time to feed him & eat half a banana (the rest was bad) before he started losing the plot. Just spent an hour of nonstop rocking & he's finally back asleep.

    I haven't had lunch, dh couldnt even do that for me after waking ds up. Ive eaten half a banana since 6am. Im trying not to fall asleep & my neck is killing me from holding ds for all his sleeps.

    So over this. So ready to just walk out on ds & dh. I just want my old life back.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 14-01-2015 at 14:14.

  4. #294
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked
    197
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    So I spent 45 mins rocking ds to sleep & then 15 mins later dh came in saying there was a phone call for me, and woke ds up. And of course he couldn't resettle him as he has a migraine.

    So I spent 30 mins trying to resettle with no luck, so I got him up. Had time to feed him & eat half a banana (the rest was bad) before he started losing the plot. Just spent an hour of nonstop rocking & he's finally back asleep.

    I haven't had lunch, dh couldnt even do that for me after waking ds up. Ive eaten half a banana since 6am. Im trying not to fall asleep & my neck is killing me from holding ds for all his sleeps.

    So over this. So ready to just walk out on ds & dh. I just want my old life back.
    Oh hun I've been there. My dd used to fall asleep and then wake 30 mins later and scream the house down. It sounds like chronic over tiredness. I sometimes wouldn't eat a thing until 5pm.
    I'd pace our hallway rocking dd to sleep for 30 minutes at a time every couple of hours. I was losing my mind.

    I don't blame you for feeling like you do. I remember thinking I understand why some women hurt themselves or their babies after being tortured with sleep deprivation and a screaming baby all day.

    I got through it by just accepting that this won't last, she will change and it'd just temporary. I repeated this in my head every day. Luckily karitane/sleep school then helped us immensely.

    Do you have a friend or family that can take care of your ds for a few hours here and then to give you respite?
    Last edited by hangingupsidedown; 14-01-2015 at 14:49.

  5. #295
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,016
    Thanks
    15,407
    Thanked
    11,608
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hubby has eaten my chocolate that I brought to make fudge. I have re brought it 3 times. It is driving me crazy

  6. #296
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,087
    Thanks
    1,179
    Thanked
    1,566
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    It is currently 37 degrees and ds has hidden my aircon remote!

  7. #297
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,146
    Thanks
    3,482
    Thanked
    2,005
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    DS, 20 minutes ago you were sooking, winging and generally having a meltdown because you were so tired. I put you to bed so why do you insist on hitting the bars with your dummy and trying to kill your blankie? Go to sleep!! 😩😘 cheeky boy.

  8. #298
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,296
    Thanks
    3,035
    Thanked
    4,418
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm eating clean and my husband is eating KFC. I'm pretending the chips I can smell are in my mouth instead of my quinoa salad and lamb :-(

  9. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    469
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh great, just the morning of the day we go to sleep school ds wont feed properly & seems ok when he's up but wont stop screaming when we are trying to settle him. Cant figure out if he's sick or just really tired. If he's sick we cant go. No temperature so fingers crossed he's just really tired. So anxious that we'll get there, the paed will look at him & send us home.

    And not only that but now he's been up since 6am & hasnt slept at all so its going to be great going to sleep school & starting a new sleep training self settling thing when he is that overtired. He'll just wind up hysterical & ill be bawling & dh cant stay all day as he has to work this arvo. Dont know why im bothering. Why does this always happen to me?...... sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to get help.
    Last edited by heartstringz; 19-01-2015 at 09:55.

  10. #300
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,395
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,952
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Oh great, just the morning of the day we go to sleep school ds wont feed properly & seems ok when he's up but wont stop screaming when we are trying to settle him. Cant figure out if he's sick or just really tired. If he's sick we cant go. No temperature so fingers crossed he's just really tired. So anxious that we'll get there, the paed will look at him & send us home.

    And not only that but now he's been up since 6am & hasnt slept at all so its going to be great going to sleep school & starting a new sleep training self settling thing when he is that overtired. He'll just wind up hysterical & ill be bawling & dh cant stay all day as he has to work this arvo. Dont know why im bothering. Why does this always happen to me?...... sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to get help.
    It's actually a good thing he is at his worst. They will see how bad he is and how you feel and act around the situation.

    Now you also need to change your attitude! Tell yourself this WILL work. If you go in thinking it won't work it never will.

    You are so lucky to get an early spot so go to sleep school and listen to EVERYTHING! This WILL work! Make that your mantra. Repeat it over and over again. Don't waste this opportunity!!!!

  11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (19-01-2015),FrothyFrog  (19-01-2015),hangingupsidedown  (19-01-2015),harvs  (19-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (19-01-2015),Lincolns mummy  (19-01-2015),Mad84  (19-01-2015),SuperGranny  (19-01-2015),wobbleyhorse  (19-01-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #3
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 994
    Last Post: 15-12-2014, 15:34
  2. Vent thread
    By SpecialK in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-10-2014, 11:48
  3. The Not So Serious Vent Thread #2
    By harvs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 988
    Last Post: 28-06-2014, 15:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
SoftmatsSoftmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Same Sex Parents TTC #5Same Sex Parents
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
I want C-section 1 day after due date!general c-section discussion and debate
Geocaching puzzle.Games & fun stuff
Has anyone used Phenergan?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
myofunctional orthodontics?General Child Health Issues
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›