Closed Thread
Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dear people I know who have 'perfectly sleeping babies' - dont look at me like im from another planet when I tell you that I spend all day trying to force ds to go to sleep because thats better than an entire day of overtired hysterical screaming. Dont tell me 'oh just dont bother, he'll go to sleep when he's tired.' No, he wont. You'll never understand the special kind of hell reserved for parents of babies who wont sleep, so dont treat me like im just being ridiculous.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (14-01-2015),DizzyDaisy  (12-01-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (12-01-2015),hangingupsidedown  (12-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015),meow  (13-01-2015),munchkin275  (21-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh yes, FOB, I'm sorry, I forgot you know everything about everything, and parenting to boot 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Dear people I know who have 'perfectly sleeping babies' - dont look at me like im from another planet when I tell you that I spend all day trying to force ds to go to sleep because thats better than an entire day of overtired hysterical screaming. Dont tell me 'oh just dont bother, he'll go to sleep when he's tired.' No, he wont. You'll never understand the special kind of hell reserved for parents of babies who wont sleep, so dont treat me like im just being ridiculous.
    I love that one. It's my favorite. 'Yeah, just come round for the BBQ/party/dinner etc. chuck him in the pram/porta cot/our cot, he'll be fine! Ours has no worries when we go out'

Ummm no, he won't sleep, he'll be overtired and lose the plot and I'll spend the entire time dealing with him and not enjoying a second of it, thanks. I'd rather stay home.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),meow  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I love that one. It's my favorite. 'Yeah, just come round for the BBQ/party/dinner etc. chuck him in the pram/porta cot/our cot, he'll be fine! Ours has no worries when we go out'

Ummm no, he won't sleep, he'll be overtired and lose the plot and I'll spend the entire time dealing with him and not enjoying a second of it, thanks. I'd rather stay home.

Yep. This. Every outing is meticulously planned around dd's naps and sleep time. She is not an easy going baby..she won't just sleep whenever or wherever. When sleep school nurses tell you that your baby is especially difficult then you know you've got a doozy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    Yep. This. Every outing is meticulously planned around dd's naps and sleep time. She is not an easy going baby..she won't just sleep whenever or wherever. When sleep school nurses tell you that your baby is especially difficult then you know you've got a doozy!
    I'm really glad you've said this, because I've been made to feel the idiot because I too plan my days around DS nap and sleep time. I refuse to make him pay the price for my social life. It's gotten so bad we now feel we have to lie to friends as to why we are leaving/not attending because of the flak we get.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really glad you've said this, because I've been made to feel the idiot because I too plan my days around DS nap and sleep time. I refuse to make him pay the price for my social life. It's gotten so bad we now feel we have to lie to friends as to why we are leaving/not attending because of the flak we get.
    I cop it too. But as far as I'm concerned they aren't the ones that will have to manage a hysterically overtired, screaming baby for the next two days..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last year, I told hubby that we should both take our daughters bday in February off work and do something special with her. I reminded him last week and he thought one of his staff might be on leave that week, and he just came home and told me that she is on leave so he can't take the day off. For eff's sake, I told him about it probably 6 months ago, and I just think it's logical to spend the day with her! It's only the second birthday she's ever had! I'm going to take the day off and have loads of fun with her while he's at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hangingupsidedown View Post
    I cop it too. But as far as I'm concerned they aren't the ones that will have to manage a hysterically overtired, screaming baby for the next two days..
    Yes! This is what I try to get through their heads! The worst of the repercussions are in the days following. Gahhhh... I'm glad someone understands because my friends sure dont.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! This is what I try to get through their heads! The worst of the repercussions are in the days following. Gahhhh... I'm glad someone understands because my friends sure dont.
    I'm sorry to hear they don't understand. Many of our friends have heard how hard it's been for us so they're more sympathetic, but some of my extended family smirk when I tell them I have to go home for her bedtime. When they do that I just smile and tell them when she's screaming like a maniac at 3am I'll be calling them up and putting dd on the phone so they can share in the fun.

It's hard for people who haven't had a difficult sleeper to know what it's like. Which is like a special kind of flaming, deep, dark hell!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (12-01-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just saw on Facebook one of my best friends has been on leave since before xmas. Hasn't been away. Just hanging around at home.
    I live less than a km from her and haven't seen her, heard from her or even know she was on leave.
    I'm still waiting for my last call to be returned.
    She's met DS 3 times in 4 months.