+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to take it very easy. I didn't hang out washing, carry anything heavier than baby or drive a car for 6 weeks. I felt up to going for light slow walks at about 3 weeks I think, and very gradually built up. I still don't feel back to normal after 6 months but I don't think it's got anything to do with the cesarean, just pains and aches in my hips after walking. I took strong pain killers as needed, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics as prescribed. I took paracetamol regularly for about 4 or 4 weeks after,even if I was feeling good because if I didn't I found I would get pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 2 c sections and both were pretty good experiences with swift recoveries. My gf who had a vag birth took far longer to recover physically then me. I also had quite a taunt and muscley stomach beforehand and still recovered quite quickly so not sure about that affecting recovery time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an emergency c section n was on pain killers for a week. Using the compression binder diligently. By second week, the doctor checked that the wound is healing properly. By 3rd week, I am back to my massage regime to ease my water retention . Had a bit of water retention post delivery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an emergency c section and my scar got infected after splitting open :/ so I was on painkillers for about a month after.

Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone. I had a really rough time in theatre with mine, then getting up and down to go visit the NICU for 4 months, I did way too much too soon. (I was also driving after about being discharged for a week)

Take it easy and take pain killers for as long as you need. I kept the strong ones for overnight and stuck to panadol during the day.