+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Question for mums of intolerance babies...

DS is CMPI. I've eliminated all dairy from my diet and he's on AllerPro comps (2 comps of about 100ml each).

However, he's still having green poos and occasionally there's a little mucous in it. It's much less than before but still there. Some poos are more 'normal' in colour and texture. He just did one that's very green and slimy and he's been a bit gassy today.

Do you think this is most likely something I've eaten or is it more likely that he's reacting to the AllerPro and needs a more hydrolyzed formula like Neocate? I'm wondering if he's reacting to other things in my diet like soy (DD seemed to react to pretty much everything and was more severe, she went straight to Neocate).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Could it be issues with lactose in the formula? My son was CMPI as well, but once on the allerpro his poos were normal for the space of time we could keep him on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be the soy, can you try cutting it out of your diet for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference. Our paed got me to cut dairy, soy, caffeine, and red foods out of my diet for a month, once DD's system was clear (poos normal and no uncontrollable screaming for a week or so) we re-introduced 1 a week to see her reaction
    If your unsure and he has really slimy poos go see your paed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were on pepti junior formula and ds was allergic to dairy, soy, wheat, eggs and gluten. Soy was prob the worse reaction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd was like your dd - the only thing that settled her tummy was putting her on neocate, stopping bf all together, and i was very cautious with solids. She reacted to soy, dairy, and egg in my diet, so i eliminated those, but she really didnt improve until i stopped bf for neocate. I also tried using a probiotic to help improve her gut flora after months of terrible poos - tbh i dont feel like it really did anything though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    My dd was like your dd - the only thing that settled her tummy was putting her on neocate, stopping bf all together, and i was very cautious with solids. She reacted to soy, dairy, and egg in my diet, so i eliminated those, but she really didnt improve until i stopped bf for neocate. I also tried using a probiotic to help improve her gut flora after months of terrible poos - tbh i dont feel like it really did anything though!
    Yeah this was exactly like DD, I got to the point where I was basically starving myself and she still wasn't settled. Going on Neocate full time sorted it out and she can eat anything now without any issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaty View Post
    Could be the soy, can you try cutting it out of your diet for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference. Our paed got me to cut dairy, soy, caffeine, and red foods out of my diet for a month, once DD's system was clear (poos normal and no uncontrollable screaming for a week or so) we re-introduced 1 a week to see her reaction
    If your unsure and he has really slimy poos go see your paed
    I'm very reluctant to cut anything else out of my diet, I got into a bad place doing the elimination diet with DD. It just gets way too hard and stressful. Sounds selfish I know, but I have had PND both times which is mainly triggered by BF issues. I'm intending to stop BFing soon but just worried that the formula is upsetting his tummy. He's fairly settled though so I don't think he's in pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Yeah this was exactly like DD, I got to the point where I was basically starving myself and she still wasn't settled. Going on Neocate full time sorted it out and she can eat anything now without any issues.
    it sounds like they were very similar, out of curiosity, how old wass your dd when she started tolerating cows milk? We are still off milk & soy at 4yo, but i hope she outgrows it soon! I conpletely underatand with eliminating foods, its not selfish at all. It was such a relief when i stopped bf'ing, and my dd was do much happier & healthier on neocate, as was i! Is there any reason you dont want to go to neocate, or did your paed want you to choose pepti jnr first? I hope you can find answers, intolerances are sooooo difficult to figure out, good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeding my fourth cmpi bub. I have eliminated the top six culprits- dairy, soy, wheat/gluten, nuts, eggs, fish. He is doing pretty well, we have been going for five weeks, I think I will be lucky to make it to 3 months on this diet. All my others have been on neocate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    My DD is on neocate as she is CMPI and primary lactose intollerant. She is also allergic to soy. We need to do a full allergy test in a few weeks before she can have any vaxx too. She is 22 days old.

It was very hard for me to give up breast feeding as i had no milk come in with my other kids and i really wanted to give it a good go but my babies health comes first. (i would be lying if i said i ddin't cry for like days with her to the point the nurses refered me to get assessed for pnd)

Try not to feel bad. Just know that this stuff happens.
    Last edited by Maxwell's Silver Hammer; 11-12-2014 at 16:29.