+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dating scan showed nothing – Opinions/experience?

Just interested to hear form anyone who's had a similar experience.

I just had my dating scan and they couldn't find anything. Sonographer was not concerned merely stating it was likely too early and to come back in 2 weeks (and to ask doc for blood tests).

Coupled with disappointment/impatience, I am worried because I got my BFP 2 weeks ago and thought for sure there would be SOMETHING there by now. He didn't find didly squat.

Going back to doc tomorrow to order blood tests but I won't get these back (I'm imagining) until next week. So I'm none the wiser, left to wonder wtf is going on...

Given my dates below, is it still possible everything is ok? Doctors are so no-comment about this sort of stuff (taking the wait and see approach).

LMP 14/10/14 (NB unreliable cycles, I take my LMP date with grain of salt)
    OPK +ve 30/10/14 (so I prob Ov'd on 31st or the 1st Nov?)
    BFP (very feint) 10/11/14 (and 4 x consecutive BFP days following)
    BFP (Clearblue digital +ve 2-3 weeks) 21/11/14 (consistent with 4-5 weeks)
    Dating Scan (abdominal and probe) 25/11/14 – nothing detected...

Sonographer said usually they can see something around 5.5 weeks (and this is when we saw a HB with our DS 4 yrs ago), suggesting I must be less than 5 weeks, which doesn't seem to add up for me..

I know I'm over analyzing but would love to hear some positive outcomes from similar experiences...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Something always happens when we do our scans. DS we were warned we were likely to lose him, DD the dates were never right or she was measuring small for her size.

Try to stay positive, the dating scans are indicative only and should be used in conjunction with blood tests and your own dates/ knowledge of likely conception.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79 (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    could possibly be your dates are out. mine was like this - was sure of LMP, and when I calculated myself to be 9.5 weeks I was apparently only 6.4! but there was a faint heartbeat. I just don't know how they came to that. come my NT scan and im told im 2 weeks ahead of what I was told. get to 20 week scan to be told im a week behind. I got stuffed around for the entire time. it was ridiculous. my due date ranged from 1-14 dec.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79 (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    could possibly be your dates are out. mine was like this - was sure of LMP, and when I calculated myself to be 9.5 weeks I was apparently only 6.4! but there was a faint heartbeat. I just don't know how they came to that. come my NT scan and im told im 2 weeks ahead of what I was told. get to 20 week scan to be told im a week behind. I got stuffed around for the entire time. it was ridiculous. my due date ranged from 1-14 dec.
    Yes my last PG was a bit like that, I just had less knowledge then and didn't ask questions (probably better that way!). I went in thinking I was about 7.5 weeks, measured 5.4. Had my date changed 3 times by various docs/sonographers over the next few months. Ironically I went into labor the date my dating scan sonographer had originally picked – so I figure he was pretty accurate last time! Same guy so I'm hoping its just a case of too early once again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    my first I had 3 ultrasounds before they could confirm a pregnancy turns out Id have been 3 weeks, 4 1/2 weeks and then 6 weeks 2 days at each ultrasound

good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79 (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ThenThereWereThree View Post
    my first I had 3 ultrasounds before they could confirm a pregnancy turns out Id have been 3 weeks, 4 1/2 weeks and then 6 weeks 2 days at each ultrasound

good luck
    Thanks, that must have been awful, especially the 2nd scan, I would have been freaking out. Good to hear it turned out positive. I am mostly scared of ectopic, I am analysing every little twinge in my abdomen in fear!

I know I am not the only women to have gone through this but it really does suck being worried 24/7 and unable to tell family & friends what is going on. I haven't had a good night sleep in days...

Maybe I have a wine to distress as there is no placenta yet anyway?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wishing you luck! let us know how it turns out

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story doesn't have a happy ending unfortunately. I had my first scan a week after my bfp after my bloods came back low. They couldn't see anything but told me to come back in a week. Went back a week later and still nothing. They told me I could just be too early, but since I got the bfp 2 weeks before I knew something was wrong. I ended up having a miscarriage. I really hope things turn out better for you xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first scan I thought I was 5w 2d...nothing showed, they said come back in a week.
    2nd scan at 6w 2d showed a gestational sac only (no HB) and dated me at 5w 2d.
    My 12 week scan I thought I had at 13w 2d...dated me at 11w 5d!
    So I have been pushed back 11 days to what I thought I was.
    Hopefully you're just super early

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @sunnygirl79 can you request your blood test results over the phone? I think they can do them in one day?? I also had unreliable periods, had my ultrasound last week and was earlier than expected, they could see a gest sac and a faint yolk sac @ 5 weeks 3 days, booked back in for three weeks time (8 weeks +). I think it's natural to worry when you don't see your bub but am starting to let go and accept whatever will be