Closed Thread
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1001
  1. #791
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,880
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked
    522
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default SH!T my MIL says

    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I always thought profile pics were viewable by the public no matter what?! Off to investigate now
    Yea you can choose your profile photo privacy settings. I do it off my phone you have to click on each photo individually and click edit privacy and it comes up in there! All mine are set to friends excluding mil specifically.
    Last edited by starflame; 05-11-2015 at 01:27.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (07-11-2015)

  3. #792
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,262
    Thanks
    993
    Thanked
    498
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Yea you can choose your profile photo privacy settings. I do it off my phone you have to click on each photo individually and click edit privacy and it comes up in there! All mine are set to friends excluding mil specifically.
    Done! So quick and easy on my phone too

  4. #793
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,880
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked
    522
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    Done! So quick and easy on my phone too
    Isn't it great!!

  5. #794
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,902
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked
    3,070
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My GMIL today - 'so you really ARE pregnant'.

    Seems like she thinks MIL/FIL and DH and I were either mistaken or lying...

    Followed by 'you aren't really a parent until you have at least 2 children'.

  6. #795
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    My GMIL today - 'so you really ARE pregnant'.

    Seems like she thinks MIL/FIL and DH and I were either mistaken or lying...

    Followed by 'you aren't really a parent until you have at least 2 children'.
    omfg. how did you resist the urge to not punch her in the face 😂

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    meandmyboys82  (10-11-2015)

  8. #796
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,902
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked
    3,070
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omfg. how did you resist the urge to not punch her in the face 😂
    I suppose I am used to it now. She is a lady that is always 'right' and speaks her mind about it. Incredibly racist (her favourite grandchild married a Japanese girl and they have a gorgeous baby - he is no longer the favourite and she does not visit him), hates single mothers (no idea about this one?), continously brings up the war (my family is Polish - I think she expects me to be bitter like she is about the war) and is just... mean. You can never get through to her but I continously pull her up on it - and she ignores me.

    Soooo... just ignore her and DH and I rant about it later.

  9. #797
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    1,958
    Thanked
    1,508
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    That is odd. My stepchildren mean a lot to me and are very much part of my family, however, I would never use a family pic with them included as my Facebook profile as I feel it would be disrespectful to their mother.
    What do you think is disrespectful about it?

    I have my stepkids in photos on my facebook- not at my profile pictures though, because everyone can see them. I see it as a privacy thing, rather than a respect issue.

  10. #798
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I suppose I am used to it now. She is a lady that is always 'right' and speaks her mind about it. Incredibly racist (her favourite grandchild married a Japanese girl and they have a gorgeous baby - he is no longer the favourite and she does not visit him), hates single mothers (no idea about this one?), continously brings up the war (my family is Polish - I think she expects me to be bitter like she is about the war) and is just... mean. You can never get through to her but I continously pull her up on it - and she ignores me.

    Soooo... just ignore her and DH and I rant about it later.
    lol I'm polish too! the only ones who can say stuff about the holocaust is is! cos it was our grandparents who were in it!!!!

    she sounds rather ignorant (no offence!)

  11. #799
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I suppose I am used to it now. She is a lady that is always 'right' and speaks her mind about it. Incredibly racist (her favourite grandchild married a Japanese girl and they have a gorgeous baby - he is no longer the favourite and she does not visit him), hates single mothers (no idea about this one?), continously brings up the war (my family is Polish - I think she expects me to be bitter like she is about the war) and is just... mean. You can never get through to her but I continously pull her up on it - and she ignores me.

    Soooo... just ignore her and DH and I rant about it later.
    WOW! What a nasty piece of work.

  12. #800
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,449
    Thanks
    3,002
    Thanked
    1,719
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    What do you think is disrespectful about it?

    I have my stepkids in photos on my facebook- not at my profile pictures though, because everyone can see them. I see it as a privacy thing, rather than a respect issue.
    I just think that if DP and I split up and his new partner had a pic of our DD as her Facebook profile I wouldn't be happy about it. So I'm guessing that DP ex wouldn't like me using her kids as my Facebook profile. But we all think differently, maybe she would fine with it.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (11-11-2015),Cicho  (10-11-2015),yadot  (10-11-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›