Closed Thread
Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hide my MIL from about 70% of my posts lol. She is a photo stealer too and saves every picture of my son to her computer. She also has done the save and upload thing a few times which ****s me cos my Hubby doesn't speak to his brother so her putting them on her own page means his brother will see them.
    I let her see some posts so she doesn't get too suspicious that I've blocked her lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also some of the older generation including my MIL and my own mum seem to think that when you share something on Facebook you are writing directly to them lol.
    Eg my mum often says stuff like 'Susan sent me this post the other day but I just ignored it' I say 'mum, for the 10th time, she is not *sending it to you* she's just posting it to her page and everyone can see it'

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamapanda For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (03-11-2015),Chillies  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    What's with MILs and photos!
    Hubby's Aunty who I have never met used to save our photos and repost them!! Including photos that hubby would post of us and our friends (who she didn't know), or me with our daughter. I unfriended and blocked the crazy old wench.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    reading all these social media posts about the older generations is making me think it's not a MIL issue, it's an age issue. they're not doing it to be spiteful or malicious or steal your thunder, I think they honestly don't grasp the concept of online/social media etiquette. they probably assume because it's online, it must be somehow "public" therefore it's ok to save and use as your own.

my mum uses social media extensively but does it in a bit of an annoying way at times. she'll try and talk to us through more than one medium at the same time, so I'll be out shopping and what's app and fb messenger are going off and then she's dm-ing me on Instagram with pics she thinks I'll like. I find it incredibly overwhelming and irritating as when I don't answer right away, she'll keep going "hello, hellooooo?" til I exasperatedly explain I'm out and busy. it's soooo annoying. but I think they just don't get it. I envy people whose mums don't know what fb is 😂

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg this thread!!! 😂😂😂
    Like many, I love my MIL but she's also crazy and possibly trying to kill me, or make me go crazy, or both, I don't know lol
    When I was pregnant, she said "oh, you don't have to wear a seatbelt in the car." Um, yes you do- here's the official information on the roads authority website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    She's saving them and uploading them to clarify.
    WTF?!?! Seriously, who even does that? Report the photos to Facebook if you took them, claim the copyright on them and they should take them down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    reading all these social media posts about the older generations is making me think it's not a MIL issue, it's an age issue. they're not doing it to be spiteful or malicious or steal your thunder, I think they honestly don't grasp the concept of online/social media etiquette. they probably assume because it's online, it must be somehow "public" therefore it's ok to save and use as your own.

my mum uses social media extensively but does it in a bit of an annoying way at times. she'll try and talk to us through more than one medium at the same time, so I'll be out shopping and what's app and fb messenger are going off and then she's dm-ing me on Instagram with pics she thinks I'll like. I find it incredibly overwhelming and irritating as when I don't answer right away, she'll keep going "hello, hellooooo?" til I exasperatedly explain I'm out and busy. it's soooo annoying. but I think they just don't get it. I envy people whose mums don't know what fb is
    My Nanna is hilarious for this! Like you upload a picture and she will comment on it with some random information she wants to tell you! Like "I saw your Aunty the other day, I hope you and the family are well!".

Quote Originally Posted by chickenandegg View Post
    Omg this thread!!!
    Like many, I love my MIL but she's also crazy and possibly trying to kill me, or make me go crazy, or both, I don't know lol
    When I was pregnant, she said "oh, you don't have to wear a seatbelt in the car." Um, yes you do- here's the official information on the roads authority website.
    Cool beans, lady! You go on with your bad self, I'd rather not die in an accident or get a fine from the cops!

Also, I'd be careful when driving her around if she believes that because it's the driver of the car that gets the fine!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so grateful my MIL doesn't have facebook! My MIL means well but gosh she comes out with whoppers sometimes 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    reading all these social media posts about the older generations is making me think it's not a MIL issue, it's an age issue. they're not doing it to be spiteful or malicious or steal your thunder, I think they honestly don't grasp the concept of online/social media etiquette.
    This is definitely not the case with my mil. She's very computer savvy. She stole photos of her estranged daughters children off her Facebook and posted them on her own wall and even used one as her profile photo. She also said to me "Estranged daughter doesn't have her profile private so it's her own fault I can steal her photos" *insert smug laugh here*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    and even used one as her profile photo
    Why do people do this! It does my head in! I have an aunt who has a photo of her niece (not her daughter) as her profile picture. I know it annoys the mum of the girl but she doesn't know what to say. I think a profile picture should be of you or something that represents you, not a pic of someone else's kid. So bizarre!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (04-11-2015),starflame  (04-11-2015)