Closed Thread
Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1001
  1. #761
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked
    535
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    Nooooo! I don't know what I would do-i think that would warrant a de friend coz just NO! What was the purpose?!?!
    She took the photos and then collaged them into these weird backgrounds and then posted them and tagged me in them. Not really sure about the purpose! She has this weird thing about photos. She loves to steal people's photos off their Facebook and collect them and claim them as hers. She's a photographer as well and when she takes photos she won't give us a copy. She took photos of DH and I's engagement and I had to wait almost 2 years for her to even give us a copy of any after asking and asking for them. Super frustrating! That's why she now has no access to my fb page unless I tag her in something haha

  2. #762
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way starflame! I have a family member exactly like that-shares pics on FB like they're hers and then just keeps her own pics to herself. I don't get that though because then who gets to see the cool pics?! So weird.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

    starflame  (26-10-2015)

  4. #763
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanks
    2,008
    Thanked
    1,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    She took the photos and then collaged them into these weird backgrounds and then posted them and tagged me in them. Not really sure about the purpose! She has this weird thing about photos. She loves to steal people's photos off their Facebook and collect them and claim them as hers. She's a photographer as well and when she takes photos she won't give us a copy. She took photos of DH and I's engagement and I had to wait almost 2 years for her to even give us a copy of any after asking and asking for them. Super frustrating! That's why she now has no access to my fb page unless I tag her in something haha
    She's a photographer?! I'd be using the phrase "copyright" a lot!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

    Chillies  (26-10-2015),meandmyboys82  (30-10-2015),starflame  (26-10-2015)

  6. #764
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Thanks
    795
    Thanked
    535
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    She's a photographer?! I'd be using the phrase "copyright" a lot!
    It gets better. There was a fatal car accident out the front of her place a little while ago and she acted like any other rational human being and stood there taking photos. One of her photos even feature in the local newspaper :/

  7. #765
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    It gets better. There was a fatal car accident out the front of her place a little while ago and she acted like any other rational human being and stood there taking photos. One of her photos even feature in the local newspaper :/
    What a horrid lady.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

    BettyW  (03-11-2015),starflame  (02-11-2015)

  9. #766
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,638
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    No way starflame! I have a family member exactly like that-shares pics on FB like they're hers and then just keeps her own pics to herself. I don't get that though because then who gets to see the cool pics?! So weird.
    If they just "Share" the pics you upload, it doesn't matter. She's sharing your post so the original privacy settings stand and only mutual friends will see. If she saves them and uploads them herself, that's another story!

    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    It gets better. There was a fatal car accident out the front of her place a little while ago and she acted like any other rational human being and stood there taking photos. One of her photos even feature in the local newspaper :/
    Hmmmm, I'm torn on this. If she's a photographer, she probably got compensation for that. It's sickening but not out of the norm for photographers to capitalise on the misfortune of others.

    When our family home burned down in bushfires some scumbag photographer had photos and videos of the burnt property and house up online offering them for sale the day before we found out. A couple of news outlets must have bought them from him because that was how some family members found out. It was awful.

  10. #767
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    4,822
    Thanked
    2,373
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    If they just "Share" the pics you upload, it doesn't matter. She's sharing your post so the original privacy settings stand and only mutual friends will see. If she saves them and uploads them herself, that's another story!



    Hmmmm, I'm torn on this. If she's a photographer, she probably got compensation for that. It's sickening but not out of the norm for photographers to capitalise on the misfortune of others.

    When our family home burned down in bushfires some scumbag photographer had photos and videos of the burnt property and house up online offering them for sale the day before we found out. A couple of news outlets must have bought them from him because that was how some family members found out. It was awful.
    She's saving them and uploading them to clarify.

  11. #768
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,248
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked
    1,800
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My MIL does the same with my photos, she has an album on her iPad if all my photos, she then posts them at random moments on FB!

  12. #769
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,357
    Thanks
    1,536
    Thanked
    1,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    What's with MILs and photos! When DD was born MIL was so possessive of her, always banging on about how DD was 'her' baby. Anyway she kept asking for pictures and I had planned to print some out and make an album for her and one for my Mum. Obviously being a new Mum this took some time, it wasn't exactly my priority, and my parents were fine with that.

    MIL couldn't wait so took photos off my FB page and printed them out and put them up in her house like they were her pictures. It's a small thing, but it just annoyed me so much so when I finally had some time I made an album for my parents but not her. When DH asked I said she clearly didn't need one as she was happy to steal my pictures anyway. He couldn't really argue with that and I knew he'd be too lazy to make an album for her himself so she just never got one.

  13. #770
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked
    377
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My MIL has a folder on her computer of photos I/DP/my friends or my mum post on fb although to her credit 90% of them have her son or grandson that she's saved


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and BroadwayPregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›