Closed Thread
Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1001
  1. #611
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked
    246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummacat View Post
    a couple hoyrs after i gave birth to our dd my df rang his mother and asked her if she was coming to visit. This is exactly what she said to him.
    Way to turn the day into something about yourself. 😒

    one from a few months ago; df proposed and rang his mum a few hours later to tell her, her response "oh ok" then "well what do you want me to do? Jump up and down for joy?" then it was "oh well at least you dont have to waste your money on an expensive ring. Shes cheap"
    while being on loudspeaker
    wow.

  2. #612
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked
    1,318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCat View Post
    A couple hoyrs after I gave birth to our DD my DF rang his mother and asked her if she was coming to visit. This is exactly what she said to him.
    Way to turn the day into something about yourself. 😒

    One from a few months ago; DF proposed anD rang his mum a few hours later to tell her, her response "oh ok" then "well what do you want me to do? Jump up and down for joy?" then it was "oh well at least you dont have to waste your money on an expensive ring. Shes cheap"
    While being on loudspeaker
    Wow, I thought my in laws were a piece of work, yours takes the cake!! Hope DF sees straight through her. I find that the hardest the men still wanting to be part of their parents lives when they are just so selfish and cruel.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

    meandmyboys82  (19-09-2015)

  4. #613
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    676
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked
    341
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly if it wasnt for FIL, DF wouldve cut MIL out a looong time ago.

  5. #614
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked
    135
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCat View Post
    A couple hoyrs after I gave birth to our DD my DF rang his mother and asked her if she was coming to visit. This is exactly what she said to him.
    Way to turn the day into something about yourself. 😒

    One from a few months ago; DF proposed anD rang his mum a few hours later to tell her, her response "oh ok" then "well what do you want me to do? Jump up and down for joy?" then it was "oh well at least you dont have to waste your money on an expensive ring. Shes cheap"
    While being on loudspeaker
    Absolutely gobsmacked, that's terrible. How do you stand that woman 😠

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (22-09-2015)

  7. #615
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked
    135
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks ladies. At the advice of my bff I'm not going to waste my energy on her. My focus is bringing this baby into the world and that's it. The rest can wait. I do not need that drama hanging over me at this time no matter how hard she tries to make it all about her.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (22-09-2015),Wise Enough  (20-09-2015)

  9. #616
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    676
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked
    341
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Absolutely gobsmacked, that's terrible. How do you stand that woman 😠
    I dont. Avoid her at all costs and completely ignore her if I do happen to see her. Im done with her crap and stuffed if she is having my daughter alone.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

    meandmyboys82  (20-09-2015)

  11. #617
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,122
    Thanks
    2,309
    Thanked
    2,916
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm from Tassie and DH is from the Vic/SA border. My mum and MIL were discussing our wedding and apparently MIL said 'I'm so glad the wedding isn't in Tassie, that's too far for us to travel'. But apparently the same distance trip in reverse is somehow shorter.

  12. #618
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked
    135
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCat View Post
    I dont. Avoid her at all costs and completely ignore her if I do happen to see her. Im done with her crap and stuffed if she is having my daughter alone.
    I'm at that point now. Dh will just have to deal with it. I'm not taking the blame for her being a terrible mother, such a cop out.
    We only let his parents babysit once when ds was 4 months to go to a wedding. When we picked him up that night (i wasn't comfortable leaving him overnight) he smelled like an ashtray. They never babysat again and thank goodness dh never pushed it. But he also never said anything to them about it. Yuck.

  13. #619
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked
    135
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm from Tassie and DH is from the Vic/SA border. My mum and MIL were discussing our wedding and apparently MIL said 'I'm so glad the wedding isn't in Tassie, that's too far for us to travel'. But apparently the same distance trip in reverse is somehow shorter.
    No logic. 😕

  14. #620
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    This place in the desert.....
    Posts
    2,213
    Thanks
    435
    Thanked
    294
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCat View Post
    A couple hoyrs after I gave birth to our DD my DF rang his mother and asked her if she was coming to visit. This is exactly what she said to him.
    Way to turn the day into something about yourself. 😒

    One from a few months ago; DF proposed anD rang his mum a few hours later to tell her, her response "oh ok" then "well what do you want me to do? Jump up and down for joy?" then it was "oh well at least you dont have to waste your money on an expensive ring. Shes cheap"
    While being on loudspeaker
    Omg wow! What a piece of work


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›