Closed Thread
Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaMa View Post
    MIL has never admitted that any of our children resemble me whatsoever. None of them have ever been allowed to look like me. Now we have DD, she still can't admit it (DD is the image of me as a baby)....MIL even went so far as to say DD looks like SIL, ffs.
    Yes same with my MIL! She will never aknowledge that DD is identical to me as a child, I overheard her one day saying to DD 'you're so cute because you look just like me'. Even her own family says DD could be my twin, she looks nothing like MIL but she would rather look petty and childish than just accept that my DD looks like me.

I know it's immature of me but I plan to put some picture frames up with pictures of me as a baby, I know she'll comment about how cute 'DD' looks and I can not wait to tell her they are actually pictures of me.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (04-12-2014),just her chameleon  (04-12-2014),littlelove  (04-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fiancee's mother has one grandchild (my son is their step grandchild) and shes great in general (I havent given her a grandchild yet!), but the other day she shared a pic of my step neice & SIL with the caption "I love my mum but I love my nanny more". It made me eye twitch for SIL, even though I know it clearly was light hearted. I dunno, maybe because it would hit a nerve if it was about my child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok I can't handle it anymore 😔 only 5 days to go! Kill me now😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Ok I can't handle it anymore 😔 only 5 days to go! Kill me now😣
    You poor thing. I struggled with just a few hours of mine yesterday and my self esteem is still paying the price. Deep breaths. Deeeeeeeeeep breaths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Speaking of clothes, my MIL buys my daughter fake licensed clothes. I'm not a brand snob at all, the majority of her clothes are from target, Kmart, etc, but I hate the crookedly sewn peppa pig or the minni mouse dress with random words and a pink patent leather belt. I've never put her in those clothes and she still keeps buying them. I'd rather she just bought her clothes with a pattern or plain than fake licensed stuff! That reminds me, the last lot were size 1 which she's now grown out of so I can bin them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I have already put a ban on in laws buying my baby clothes.

My mil took my older kids for a holiday to the beach and she watched a million youtube videos to learn how to tie up my daughters thick bum legnth hair. At the end of the week when my kids came back "hasn't mil done a great job? I have been getting lots of practice" my 5 yr old (i think she may be aspie) said "no. I am glad i have my mummy as she makes me look pretty".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    I have already put a ban on in laws buying my baby clothes.

My mil took my older kids for a holiday to the beach and she watched a million youtube videos to learn how to tie up my daughters thick bum legnth hair. At the end of the week when my kids came back "hasn't mil done a great job? I have been getting lots of practice" my 5 yr old (i think she may be aspie) said "no. I am glad i have my mummy as she makes me look pretty".
    Aspie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd forgotten about this one. A few years ago we had a housemate who DP had gone to school with. MIL invited herself over with her 7 year old daughter while said housemate was out. I walked into the kitchen to find her making a snack for her daughter from our housemate's food (milo, some instant noodles etc.).

Me: Hey, that's J's shelf. Could you leave his food alone please?
    MIL: Oh well then it might as well be mine.
    Me: Huh?
    MIL: He used to come and eat me out of house and home when he was a teenager!
    Me: That's not the same thing...you're an adult, and he's not even here to ask.
    MIL: Oh well then I guess he should be paying me instead for all the food he at as a teenager *cue rant about how much DPs friends used to eat at her house*. No, I'll take whatever I want of J's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Aspie?
    Never mind. I just googled it. Learn something new everyday! I should have known this one, my cousin is aspie!

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg speaking of aspie... My partner after long battles with depression/anxiety started seeing a psych. After a few sessions gave him an official diagnosis of aspergers. Doesnt change him, we just know why he is like he is, and have some coping strategies. Upin telling MIL... "dont think you can just use this as an excuse for acting like a d-head"... Hold up while I pick my jaw off the floor!

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app