MGCBertie that's such great news, I'm just so happy for you it really gives me that bit of strength to keep going I have read this thread from #1 a few times now and to see ur struggle and now this it goes to show that with persistence it will happen 😊 I've come to accept that my pregnancy won't be normal in that I can sit back and enjoy it like everyone else so I hope ur holiday gives your mind a break for a while ur numbers are looking great… when is ur scan??
A question for everyone at what point did you decide to get further testing or move onto stronger immune meds after the basic clexane, steroids and prog I'm having pgd tested embryos this year but have been thinking at what point do I reconsider my treatment, after 1,2or 3 failed pgd transfer of course I'm hoping it won't come to that but it's always good to have a plan in action
Hope everyone had a great xmass and New Years 😊😊
Results 181 to 190 of 1001
03-01-2015 10:20 #181
The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:
MGC Bertie (06-01-2015)
03-01-2015 10:38 #182
Hcg is going up nicely @MGC Bertie. Woohoo! Enjoy the wondering if you're imagining the yucky feeling-soon you will have no doubt!! I'm interested in natural vs C too. Dr M hasn't mentioned it to me at all. I don't think the high risk label is anything to be alarmed about. A lot of Drs/hospitals will term you high risk just for doing fertility treatments and then with the immune stuff you're on extra meds which also come with 'risks'. Hope you have an awesome holiday. I think cautious optimism is the way to go. I let my guard down a little more after the 20 week scan.
@Miissilina, hang in there hun-it will happen. I didn't do PDG testing so can't comment on that. I decided to add the neupogen after 2 failed immune treatment cycles on steroids, clexane and then one with IVIG too. It was our last 2 embryos before moving onto surrogacy so that did mean we wanted to throw everything at it. Hard choices to make. If I was you I'd at least give 1 PDG tested embryo a go with softer immune treatments. But you've got to go with what you feel comfortable with. Good luck.
03-01-2015 21:39 #183Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
@ladybug: sorry, i keep messing up with people story. What's your immune problem again? Why DrM decided to put you on IVIG instead of intralipid? Do you have twin? If you have twin, OB usually recommends C-section. That's what i heard.
@Scruffy: glad to hear that my info is helpful. Thanks to snowy who told me first. Haha.....i wonder if he has a referral program. LOL. I'm yet to call his clinic to arrange intralipid. Next Monday!
Need to pick your brain, ladies. I vaguely remember reading somewhere (DrBeer's book?) that NK cell can suppress the production of eggs during a STIM cycle. Thus, causing a low egg number -- poor responder. Is this true? This suggests that intralipid/immune therapy is as important at the beginning of the STIM cycle as for the transfer. Did DrM ever mention something about this for you STIM cycle? I am a poor responder with average AMH for my age. I only got 6 follicles with 5 mature eggs last round (first scan only shown 3!).
03-01-2015 23:11 #184
MGC and Ladybug my ob classified me as high risk as I had IVF, immune issues and previous cervical laser treatment for CIN III. I had an absolutely smooth pregnancy - I actually told Dr M I felt 'over medicated!!'
Anyway I went into labour naturally at 38weeks but did end up with C section as my labour didn't progress. Nothing to do with immune stuff and pretty sure the NK cells have no bearing on the actual birth process (I may wrong though?)
@bbhope sorry I can't help with the IVIG for egg collection - I haven't heard it mentioned in this thread.
04-01-2015 15:13 #185
A few quick questions for those who have used IVIg
- Did you do IVIg before transfer as well as on BFP?
- What dose of IVIg did you have?
- Were you also on neupogen (I won't be)
Last edited by Fiona2; 08-01-2015 at 18:11.
05-01-2015 12:19 #186
@Scruffy I'm so sorry I read your PM ages ago and totally forgot to reply. I have to delete some messages before I can but I will do so ASAP!
@MGC Bertie I've consulted 3 OBs and my FS (who was previously an OB) over my 2 pregnancies and all recommended early delivery. (No later than 39 weeks). Apparently there is evidence in IVF pregnancies that the placenta doesn't function as well towards the end of the pregnancy (something to do with it's initial development beginning outside the human body in a lab?) so they like to induce by 38-39 weeks. The first OB I saw told me straight out she would not want me to carry to full term. I was shocked by this, so consulted another OB (who I ended up going with), and also Dr M and my FS, and all agreed. My OB was happy for me to attempt a vaginal delivery with DD but I had low grade placenta praevia and a decision was made at 38wks to book a Csection when the placenta did not move up as they thought it might. I ended up going into labour 4 days before I was booked in so it became an emergency c/s. I also have a late growth scan at 35-36 weeks to check blood flow and placenta function.
This time around I am having an elective c/s. Something I found in Dr Beer's book also influenced this decision. If you have the book have a read of page 121-122 "Immune Problems and Pregnancy". He recommends delivery at 38 weeks and also says "A vaginal birth after a previous cSection in my patients (with immune issues) is too dangerous and I urge them not to consider it" That made my mind up for me this time around...I had considered trying for a VBAC but for me personally the risks aren't worth it. If you don't have the book let me know and I can screen shot the pages and upload them for you He also says that a 'natural' delivery with no medical interventions is "risky to the point of reckless" for immune patients who "must consider themselves in the high risk category". That said, there are ladies from the original NK Cells thread who did have vaginal deliveries with minimal interventions without any issues. It's such a personal choice and you must weigh up the pros and cons and be guided by your OB and also Dr M.
I don't know if that really helped any with your question but that has been my experience and it seemed to be the general consensus across the board that IVF pregs should avoid going post-dates.
05-01-2015 17:07 #187
05-01-2015 19:29 #188Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
Hmmmm....IUI is considered natural pregnancy, right? I think this is what MGCBertie has in the end, although i totally agree with you (Bella) that immune patients are high risk according to DrB book. I've a copy myself.
@PreciousHeart: where are you on your cycle? PM you for an info.
05-01-2015 19:31 #189
05-01-2015 19:50 #190Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
Bella978 - I didn't realise that we are classed as high risk pregnancy.... I have high nk cells and pcos and fell pregnant on the bondi protocol and my Obgyn said I am now normal pregnancy.... I had my first conceived naturally and delivered vaginally.... Should I be doing more research?????
By soclose in forum Reproductive ImmunologyReplies: 949Last Post: 23-11-2014, 10:39
By Blueberry Swirl in forum Reproductive ImmunologyReplies: 980Last Post: 14-08-2014, 21:42
By Libelle in forum Reproductive ImmunologyReplies: 910Last Post: 28-03-2014, 09:49
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
ongoing chat threadGeneral Chat
Falling pregnant a few months after giving birthGeneral Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Am I the only thread killer??General Chat
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Tell me about your high school reunion/s!General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation