+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone started injections on DAY 5?

I'm ready to start my IVF cycle but the clinic I'm with wants me to start injections (Gonal F) on DAY 5 (because they're not open over the weekend) - Isn't that a bit late?

I've just signed up for Primary IVF in Sydney and their service has been pretty poor so far. I often have to wait an extra hour or two later than my appointment time and they took a long time to find my blood results. I don't want to undergo another treatment if it's going to be an inferior one (I've already had 5 unsucccessful IVFs).

PLEASE REPLY BACK WITH ADVICE ASAP as I have to decide whether to start on Monday.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On a long regulation pill start cycle I usually start my injections on day 5 after my period (start of injections is considered day1 after that) but it probably doesn't matter as much because I would be on synarel which suppresses follicle growth.

If you've had 5 unsuccessful rounds somewhere else and are unhappy it might be time to change clinics though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

for your response! This is a new clinic I've chosen. And it's on a short cycle so it's straight to Gonal F. It doesn't sound good to start on day 5 maybe I'm better trying naturally this month?? I'm 43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've always started on day 3 (3 fresh cycles), but have just changed to a new clinic and I noticed that my treatment plan says start day 5. It's an antagonist cycle. It could be to do with the dosages, but I have no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    We've always started on day 3 (3 fresh cycles), but have just changed to a new clinic and I noticed that my treatment plan says start day 5. It's an antagonist cycle. It could be to do with the dosages, but I have no idea.
    @I Would Make A Great Mother ah well, there you go, maybe its not so unusual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've done an antagonist cycle starting injections on day 5 before. That alone wouldn't concern me but the other issues you're having with poor service and disorganisation are a worry... I hope the cycle works out from here on in. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a relief that day 5 seems to be normal. Thanks!!