Looking for any advice from anyone who has had a cervical stitch from 24 weeks?
I'm 24 weeks and been admitted to hospital for bed rest and put on progesterone for a week until my cervix gets scanned again in 7 days to see if
The prog and bed rest has slowed things down, if not I'll need a stitch.
I'm freaking out but know I'm
In good hands but the more I read the more scared I get as I read it's not good
To do after 17 weeks.
Any similar stories would help.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 14
21-11-2014 06:36 #1
Anyone had cervical stitch after 24 weeks?
21-11-2014 19:37 #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
I had an emergency stitch placed at 22 weeks, unfortunately my waters broke a few hours later so it had to be removed but I still managed to hold bub in until 26 weeks. I notice u are in wa, are u at kemh? If you are on fb look up tiny sparks, they support mothers on bedrest and also families of prem babies.
21-11-2014 22:30 #3
Thank you so much for the reply and sorry to hear of your struggle but that's great you held on so long.
So I'm 24 weeks been admitted to St. John's subiaco. My ob has told me this morning that the risks of putting a stitch in now is to risky so if in the next week of so the progestrone and bed rest doesn't help then I'll be in here until I have the baby. So do u think I could just wait it out and go past 30 weeks or could my waters break in a matter of weeks?
If the progestrone and bed rest have helped a bit then they may let me home for strict bed rest to wait it out but don't like my chances of that.
I will look up that Facebook page as it's great to have support.
So was your baby nice and healthy? Were u kept in on bed rest to?
21-11-2014 22:51 #4
I had one placed at 23 weeks for cervical shorting and premature labor, everything looked good after the op and then 8 hours later my waters ruptured and I was placed on ever single medication they could think on the prevent Contractions and infection and steroids to develop bubs lungs. A day or so later my waters sealed themselves which is very rare and such a mericle, it's like nothing had ever happened and I have lots of fluid around baby and a happy baby. All the Dr's were amazed because I had an 80% of having bubs once my waters had ruptured. I'm 28 weeks now, I managed to convince ob to go home on bed rest because I was going to stay in hospital till birth next year in January. I'm praying I can make it till the end of January so I only have 9 or 10 weeks so go I'm so glad I'm 28 weeks now but I still have so far to go.
Last edited by Pprom.mama; 21-11-2014 at 22:53.
21-11-2014 23:08 #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
To be honest I wouldn't leave hospital until i was at least 32 weeks (yes it sux but things can change in a second and if you are in hospital and bub does decide to come then there is a high chance Bub will survive with immediate intervention) or if I wasn't contracting and cervix was stable. Who is your ob? Do they usually deal with high risk pregnancies? Also St. John of God won't be able to care for Bub if born before 30/32 weeks so will need to be transferred to kemh.
My son was born at 26 weeks and we had a few hiccups during our 3 month stay in the nicu but he is 5 now and doing great! :-)
22-11-2014 08:22 #6
I would be to scared to go home also but I'm sure they wouldn't let u go if u were still at high risk.
I'm hoping that with rest and no stitch that baby will stay in till term or close to.
My due date is march 9th so would be a long time in here but if I need to wait it out to keep him safe then so be it
Good luck and u have given me hope xx
22-11-2014 08:32 #7
I think she will keep me here because I'm so close I imagine that if anything happens she will put me over the kemh anyways.
So did u have a stitch? Was there signs he would be born early? Iv been feeling more that great my whole pregnancy so I'm my head I keep thinking everything will be fine but just never know do u
22-11-2014 08:34 #8
I didn't have a surgical stitch but I did have a 25 weeker. She is a healthy 2.5 year old now and I'm 34 weeks pregnant with number 2!
But my piece of advice / perspective on the hospital bed rest would be this... Even though it would suck and seems like an eternity, if baby does arrive super early you will be spending every single day at the hospital anyway as baby would be there until their due date or maybe even longer. So if you can stay there with bub baking inside you, that is the better of the two evils!!
I agree with PP re Tiny Sparks WA, best of luck to you!!
22-11-2014 09:21 #9
If they aren't going to place the stitch I would stay in there till they deliver because nothing is holding baby inside. If I notice anything in the slightest wrong I'll be going straight back and not leave till birth but hopefully I can keep this baby in to at least 36 weeks.
22-11-2014 10:20 #10
That's makes sense with not having a stitch that nothing holding him in, I'm guess it's only a matter of time then before he will come out but I'm hoping 30+weeks.
Seems like you have it under control anyways and know your body and u are quiet far along so I would have thought anywhere from here would be like a natural protocol as baby would be a nice size.
Good luck with him and I hope ur enjoying being back at home.
If I get sent home is find the hardest thing not doing anything as I am the kind of person who doesn't stop so I know I would need to seriously do nothing for the sake of my baby.
By Jarylee in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2014, 09:03
By Zombie_eyes in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 19-03-2014, 14:28
By MrJones&Me in forum Pregnancy Health IssuesReplies: 3Last Post: 29-12-2013, 13:58
Baby SensoryBaby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Happiness thread.General Chat
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat
any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?Endometriosis Chat
Missed miscarriage... waiting, waiting, waitingPregnancy Loss Support
Flying with a 7 month old - overnight or during day better?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Am I the only thread killer??General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Selling your house privately...General Chat
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF