+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
    Hi all, just been discharged from Primary IVF after my dating scan showed I'm 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant and all is looking good. Upon discharge my FS said to stop the Clexane, Progesterone pessaries and to half my 25mg Prednisolone for a week and then stop from tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned this might lead to miscarriage as I read that you're supposed to continue the Bondi Protocol until 12 weeks. I went to see my GP who agreed to stop everything. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (We have a full DQ match, I have high natural killer cells and will be 40 next May. Been TTC for 2 years.) Thank you!
    Congratulations! You must be so happy.
    I have a full DQ Alpha match and I am still on my clexane and progesterone at 34 weeks pregnant. I took my steriods till about 28 weeks after I slowly weaned off it. I was also on other meds untill 14 weeks pregnant and did intralipids every 4 weeks, having my last one at 29 weeks.
    This is my 8th pregnancy and the only one that has stuck around this long. My last pregnancy where I was on similiar meds but not all, everything was great at 6 weeks 5 days and then I went back at 9 weeks for a follow up and baby was no longer viable and ot broke my heart again.
    I am really sorry to he the bearer of bad news but that's what happened to me. I see a reproductive immuologist Dr Matthias who has montiored me very closely throufh this whole pregnancy.
    I wish you all the very best! Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (03-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Olive79, I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility of miscarriage which is why I'm worried about stopping everything. It wasn't that you stopped the meds and went on to miscarry was it? I'm so sorry for all of your losses but happy everything is going well for you! Dr Gavin Sacks website says stay on everything until 12 weeks. I might just continue til I see my obstetrician... although I only have two weeks worth of progesterone left. Meh. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
    Thanks so much Olive79, I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility of miscarriage which is why I'm worried about stopping everything. It wasn't that you stopped the meds and went on to miscarry was it? I'm so sorry for all of your losses but happy everything is going well for you! Dr Gavin Sacks website says stay on everything until 12 weeks. I might just continue til I see my obstetrician... although I only have two weeks worth of progesterone left. Meh. Thanks again!
    Hi there. No it wasn't that I stopped my meds it was because I wasn't on the right combination of drugs. I had the embryo tesyed and it was a chromosonally normal little girl.
    With a full DQ gene alpha match my understanding is the body attacks 100% of the time when an embryo with your husband's DNA so the right meds sre vital. Only 2 of my pregnancies have I had immune treatment the others I was similar to you and I just had dex, clexane and progesterone which I gather wasn't enough to keep my body from attacking and all were chromosonally normal embryos. Just eep an eye out on your progesterone levels as mine were always low until this final pregnancy wete doc had me take 1200mg per day.
    The condition we have very rare and most doctors do not really understand it and yes most docs recommend surrogacy or sperm donor. That's where we were at if this one didn't work, we added something called neupogen to the mix and I think that was our saving grace combined with the other stuff.
    If I were you I would def stay on the meds for a bit longer.
    I hope everything conti to go well! Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Olive79

Just wondering if you were seeing Dr Lolagtis?
    I have just found out my husband and I have 100% dq match and natural killer cells. We are about to start our first round of ivf. I will be doing LIT before we do a transfer so might still be a while off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JessN86 no we were seeing Dr Matthias. He is amazing, so calm and quiety confident in what he does. We did LIT treatment along with a cocktail of medications that were right for me. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JessN86, I saw Dr L and also had 100% match. What are your numbers? Mine were 01:03. I ended up trying Primary IVF first just to see how I would respond without needing to pay thousands of dollars to Dr L. They put me on the Bondi Protocol (Prednisolone 25mg and Clexane 40mg) and surprise surprise, I'm now 29 weeks pregnant (without LIT or intralipids). Is this your first round of IVF? @Olive79, you supported me so much, thank you. Isabella is sooooo beautiful! I was also going to name my baby girl Isabella! Hehehe! ❤️

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (10-07-2017),Olive79  (08-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KittyKat that is amazing! I am so happy for you. I ended up wasting thousands of dollars on IVF and fell pregnant naturally. I only wish I found Dr M earlier! It just goes to show everyone is different snd responds differently. I am not sure of our numbers though. Best of luck and Isabella is such a beautiful name!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (08-06-2017),Spazzyp  (15-10-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High NK cells and possible DQ Alpha gene match

Hi @Olive79 Isabella is beautiful, congratulations for finally getting your bundle of joy. It's great to hear you conceived her naturally. Can I ask why you were in Clexane and progesterone throughout your pregnancy? Do you have any clotting issues? I am currently almost 14 weeks with a 100% HLA match and have been on Neupogen, Clexane, plaquinil, Prednisone, baby aspirin and progesterone since I found out about the pregnancy (conceived naturally between IVF cycles). I'm also doing intralipids every 2 weeks until 14 weeks. I am weaning off Prednisone, stopped Neupogen at 12 weeks and have been asked to stop Clexane at 14 weeks along with progesterone. I will continue baby aspirin and plaquinil throughout the pregnancy. I don't have any diagnosed clotting disorders but I'm so scared to stop all the meds particularly Clexane. I have a history of 5 first trimester miscarriages and this is the first pregnancy where I'm on these meds and the furthest I've ever been.
    Last edited by Mongol; 08-06-2017 at 09:50.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (11-06-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High NK cells and possible DQ Alpha gene match

Double post
    Last edited by Mongol; 08-06-2017 at 09:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongol View Post
    Hi @Olive79 Isabella is beautiful, congratulations for finally getting your bundle of joy. It's great to hear you conceived her naturally. Can I ask why you were in Clexane and progesterone throughout your pregnancy? Do you have any clotting issues? I am currently almost 14 weeks with a 100% HLA match and have been on Neupogen, Clexane, plaquinil, Prednisone, baby aspirin and progesterone since I found out about the pregnancy (conceived naturally between IVF cycles). I'm also doing intralipids every 2 weeks until 14 weeks. I am weaning off Prednisone, stopped Neupogen at 12 weeks and have been asked to stop Clexane at 14 weeks along with progesterone. I will continue baby aspirin and plaquinil throughout the pregnancy. I don't have any diagnosed clotting disorders but I'm so scared to stop all the meds particularly Clexane. I have a history of 5 first trimester miscarriages and this is the first pregnancy where I'm on these meds and the furthest I've ever been.
    To be honest I have no idea! I have no clotting factor. I guess after everything the doc was being safe. I was meant to stop earlier I think but I had a tiny bleed at 19 weeks. I was taking 40mg every second day of clexane. Progrsterone I just went a bit longer tgan he told me cos I had some left and I just finished it but in the end I weaned myself down to 400mg every 2 days. I think finishing up around 32 weeks. I guess clexane promotes blood flow in the uterus and progesterone helps keep the placenta doung it's job.