ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all of the stories!
    Induction starts 2pm tomorrow, not in a great position for it to be successful though. Appointment today reviled bub has a high, mobile head.. and is posterior. Cervix still not favourable, Bishop score of 1.
    Midwives are not putting too much faith into it working out, but they are willing to give it a chance.
    I've decided that I will be getting an epidural because there were a few things not too good with ctg today (bub is squeezing the cord and it's giving her decells, and my heart issues seem to be playing up). I'd rather have the epi and be awake through c section if it comes to it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbielouise For This Useful Post:

Podamonster  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck, I hope it goes well whichever way bub ends up coming out! Enjoy those newborn moments and make sure you let us know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's too late cause you've already had your baby! But i was terrified about being induced I had gest diabetes and they said my baby was going to be big with a 98th percentile head..... I had heard so many bad stories of inductions I had convinced myself I'll get an epidural
    My cervix was 2cm for two weeks before I was induced and baby was in perfect position so I was lucky in that way
    I went in at 6am by 830 they had ruptured my membranes and started the drugs i used tens machine and started it then they kept turning up the drugs every half hour
    By 1130 the pain was bad I asked for epidural my midwife got my ob to have a look and said sorry your 8cm you'll have your baby soon...
    Too late for pain relief I was so upset I couldn't have anything except gas which I didn't like
    But by 2 I had my baby looking back it wasn't as bad as I thought it was goinb to be.
    The worst was the anticipation of next contraction thinking it'll get worse and knowing I could have no pain relief
    But I'm glad I did it natural as they said if I had an epidural it would have caused complications in the end...
    It really was no where near as bad as everyone told me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did it go @Bobbielouise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I requested to be induced at 37+5 (twin preg) had 1st lot of gels around 1pm checked in the evening, 2cm.. another round of gels and a sleeping tablet. Told it was going to work over night and get some rest. NOTE: the gel (for me) was horrendously painful. Woke up at 5am.. Checked 2.5cm - right 3 options. 3rd set of gels, break your waters and put the drip in, straight to caesar and be done with it.

More gel wasn't going to happen I will never have that done again. Waters or caesar.... I decided on the caesar as I didn't want to force my bubs if they just weren't ready naturally and for safety I chose the Caesar. Crying and sobbing whilst signing the form but oh well they arrived safe and I'm ok so no biggy now