Closed Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks skylar, secretary just said there is no plan yet and sounded upset, so I've just called another doctor but can't be seen till march 23rd. I think I'll wait till next week to see if the other doctor can see me sooner, and see if they know what is happening with Dr's patients they may know more then about my doctors prognosis.

Music feeds the soul.

Had a great workout at the gym, with kids in crèche, really cheered me up, finally got a bit of me time. My life is pretty good. I was at that gym two and a bit years ago upset cos of Ivf fails now I'm back with two boys, and crèche worker was very happy for me and said she always wondered what happened to me. You just never know ladies what is around the corner.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyme1 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (13-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have been avoiding bh like the plague worried after my last cycle has left me feeling at the lowest point ever. I was worried I would read all your posts and suffer from stim, embie or bfp envy and it might be the last straw. Instead I have logged on tonight and found 10 pages of women who are trying to work through the same things that have been driving me crazy for the last 2 weeks.

I had no eggs fertilise at all on cycle 4 ... just saying that makes me feel like I failed. @Chiefsgirl I am feeling your pain! It is heartbreaking.

So now what to do. Do we try again for a couple more cycles? do i change my FS? My 3rd cycle was our beautiful Lewis so I obtained a pregnancy with him, unfortunately the 7 months I have lost may be the difference between OE and DE. What to do, what to do.

I so desperately want to use OE particularly after losing a baby, I don't want to think our only child is dead and buried. But when do you decide? How many goes with OE? How to you decide enough is enough and go to DE?

To add to it I have had my bestie offer her eggs. Another dilemma. ..is it better to know it not to know the donor? I really don't know if I want to know who the donor is?
    @emski72 and @Chiefsgirl your posts were beautiful and inspirational. Instead of turning into a green eyed envy monster i have now read those 10 pages of posts and think how lucky I am to have such a wonderful support group. You are all fabulous ladies. Wish we all lived closer a coffee date with you all would be crazy!

Ps any suggestions or advice on the how/ when for DE will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fudge09 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-02-2015),Butterfly39  (13-02-2015),JulieMalooley  (14-02-2015),Summer  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #11

Fudge, talk to your doctor about your odds with your own eggs vs donor. I think my children look like my husband. Don't forget that they will have your blood and have your beloved genes. Your blood will course through their veins, you made the baby.

For your child's sake it is better to know the donor, so that they know where they come from, it will just be a different story. But one of three people making your precious.

Your baby was not meaningless, they will always be somebody extremely special to you, who will always be in your heart and you will never forget. You tried your very best, with what you knew. Their life is a point in itself, your next steps will not change who they are to you. Whether there is any more viable eggs there is such a difficult question. Hopefully your doctor can help answer that.

But the pain of failed cycles could be replaced by a cycle with greater hope. I think look at the odds and put a timeline in place for your actions. One last try, maybe with no regrets. If you trust your doctor is doing the best maybe then stay. You could get a second opinion, that your doctor is doing everything right.

Good luck Fudge, such a difficult choice. Ignore my stupid thoughts, or I hope I can provide some support, you and hubby just look into your hearts to decide.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 13-02-2015 at 22:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Need advice, should I ask the other doctor's secretary next week if she's heard anything about what's happening about my doctor's patients. I want to be sensitive to the situation but also selfishly want to do my cycle earlier than end of March.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Fudge09 I completely understand how you feel about wanting a bit of space between you and the donor. I've looked into the options and spoken to my counselor about DE. Her take was that it is better for the child to know where they have come from but a child of an anonymous donor would obviously rather exist than not! However they might have issues later on from not knowing.
    eggdonorsaustralia.com.au has lots of useful info on donation here in australia. They refer to 'known' and 'anonymous' egg donation on that site but anonymous means you don't know the lady who is donating but your child will still be able to contact them when they turn 18. I think how much contact there is between you and the donor is worked out between you.
    Also there is the south africa, greece and prague donor threads on bubhub but they are all truly anonymous I believe.
    My friend has also offered me her eggs and I just can't do it, knowing that she would be the biological mum and her kids would be half brothers and sisters to my child.....its just too close and tangled and I feel awful for feeling like that.

It sounds like you want to try a few more times with your OE, I think switching to DE is probably a gradual process until you decide enough is enough. If it were up to me I would try with DE now but my partner isn't up for it and I don't think he ever will be....I am trying to convert him though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Need advice, should I ask the other doctor's secretary next week if she's heard anything about what's happening about my doctor's patients. I want to be sensitive to the situation but also selfishly want to do my cycle earlier than end of March.

Sounds good, If you are keen to proceed then would it be wise at this point to look into another FS? Presumably you want someone who is currently well coordinating your care? Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm going to wait until March 23rd, as I don't want to seem insensitive to my poor doctor. Canberra is a small place. Hopefully Genea will sort something out before then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 23rd is with another doctor, my current doctor's appointments are all up in the air still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    I think I'm going to wait until March 23rd, as I don't want to seem insensitive to my poor doctor. Canberra is a small place. Hopefully Genea will sort something out before then.
    I can absolutely guarantee you wouldn't hurt your Doctors feelings and that he would understand ! He might actually be relieved that this is one less patient he has to worry about... You could send him a card though x
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 14-02-2015 at 14:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodness, so many are going through so much at the moment :-( Big hugs to all who are dealing with such ups and downs through this process.

I am just so relieved that the team at Wazza's office are so good. I did my first Clexane shot yesterday and really didn't like it. I still used the Emla cream, so it wasn't like it was painful, but it really put me off for some reason.

So of course at my appointment today I'm in floods of tears again that I just can't do the injections thing long-term, but I know that the Clexane is going to help if I do get a BFP. So what they did was give me a heap of really fine needles and syringes and told me to decant the Clexane into those, and use the fine needles instead. And it made SO much difference. Maybe it was just a mind thing, but I am so relieved. I ended up doing 4 injections this morning plus a blood test - holy ****! FSH x 2 as there was only 100iu left in the ampule so I had to use that then do another one for other 100iu, Orgalutran and Clexane. I can hardly believe I'm doing this. Just shows how much I really want a little bubba in my arms.

I had three decent follicles, so I'm on two days of Orgalutran to stop ovulation, then trigger Monday morning and go for it with DH as much as possible for those few days. I know it's pretty silly to get my hopes up at this stage, but I've fallen pregnant naturally several times in the past eighteen months, and it's now been five months since my last miscarriage which is about when I would expect to fall again, so with everything I'm on, I've got to think the chances are looking a little better this month.

Am bummed that my POAS addiction is ruined though, lol - I am doing booster shots in a week, so I guess that means that I can't start POAS on 7dpo like normal I just might save myself some $$ on that this month anyway!
    Last edited by Summer; 14-02-2015 at 14:30.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-02-2015),Butterfly39  (14-02-2015),MaxKat  (21-02-2015)