Closed Thread
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1020
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    608
    Thanks
    1,778
    Thanked
    1,488
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Hey gals just got the call and 5 out of the 7 fertilised which I'm happy with. *whew* was a bit worried as we normally get good fert rates but this time we tried PICSI.

    Now to aim for an 8 cell on day 3 (sat). This is where things start going pear shaped.
    That's awesome! Hope it goes well

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (20-11-2014)

  3. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked
    779
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leshoja Congratulations!!

    Good Luck Petal 40! And Faith

    MCG Bertie Sorry to hear about your update. Yes this ivf business is just so unfair , specially for some, even we recently had 2 failures with 2 PGD tested normal embryos and no implantation issues.after a long infertility battle ( earlier with mivf). And apparently these 2 cycles with one of the best doctors in Aus... Lynn burmeister .. And we have absolutely no answers..what else to try, earlier we were always given the reason that u miscarry due to chromosomal abnormalities and all, but now??? I guess u can go and try till the last resort , still luck is the major factor. But u still need to keep trying.. Now we are so confused as to try PGD or not, I mean is all worth it? All I want to say is, please take your time to recoup, I am also in the same boat.. But we again need to be strong and get up to fulfill our dream...

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

    JulieMalooley  (20-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-11-2014),Petal40  (20-11-2014)

  5. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Leshoja Congratulations!!

    Good Luck Petal 40! And Faith

    MCG Bertie Sorry to hear about your update. Yes this ivf business is just so unfair , specially for some, even we recently had 2 failures with 2 PGD tested normal embryos and no implantation issues.after a long infertility battle ( earlier with mivf). And apparently these 2 cycles with one of the best doctors in Aus... Lynn burmeister .. And we have absolutely no answers..what else to try, earlier we were always given the reason that u miscarry due to chromosomal abnormalities and all, but now??? I guess u can go and try till the last resort , still luck is the major factor. But u still need to keep trying.. Now we are so confused as to try PGD or not, I mean is all worth it? All I want to say is, please take your time to recoup, I am also in the same boat.. But we again need to be strong and get up to fulfill our dream...
    Just read a paper about the pgd being not improving of pg rates and unnecessary complications. Sucks because I am halfway through pgd banking. Just look for systematic review on cgh on google scholar. I can post it later if anyone is interested

  6. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (20-11-2014)

  8. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,321
    Thanks
    5,151
    Thanked
    7,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    I'll have a read of that @Butterfly39 (though it isn't relevant to me as I will be jumping off the evil IVF train shortly, just interested) I did a quick search and came across a 2011 study that was quite condemning as well. I figured you must have been referring to a recent study though. Anyhoo, will check it out.

  9. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @faithandhopellove Dear lord. The thought of getting married to and having three kids with any of the men I knew in my 20's terrifies me.
    So true. B!oody disaster if you ask me.


    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (21-11-2014)

  11. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    I'll have a read of that @Butterfly39 (though it isn't relevant to me as I will be jumping off the evil IVF train shortly, just interested) I did a quick search and came across a 2011 study that was quite condemning as well. I figured you must have been referring to a recent study though. Anyhoo, will check it out.
    ya, I think for me it's essentially diagnostic more than anything since my uterine fibroids have muddied the waters somewhat. If they all came back reasonable looking I suppose I'd persist with my own eggs at a low cost clinic maybe. I'm thinking that's unlikely though. If they all did turn out rubbish, then we know we were essentially flogging a dead horse. Gah, not sure whether to just biopsy them all now or do another cycle.

  12. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,178
    Thanks
    5,082
    Thanked
    6,985
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    ya, I think for me it's essentially diagnostic more than anything since my uterine fibroids have muddied the waters somewhat. If they all came back reasonable looking I suppose I'd persist with my own eggs at a low cost clinic maybe. I'm thinking that's unlikely though. If they all did turn out rubbish, then we know we were essentially flogging a dead horse. Gah, not sure whether to just biopsy them all now or do another cycle.
    Every single step in ivf seems to be a toss of a coin, doesn't it!? I wish I had a crystal ball. One that works...

  13. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    Every single step in ivf seems to be a toss of a coin, doesn't it!? I wish I had a crystal ball. One that works...
    Yeah, the longer I do IVF the more I think it's a game of chance (or maybe fate) rather than skill.

    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  14. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,321
    Thanks
    5,151
    Thanked
    7,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Yeah, the longer I do IVF the more I think it's a game of chance (or maybe fate) rather than skill.

    Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes, I agree. I've had 8 transfers and at least another 7 blastocysts that didn't make the grade to be frozen so were chucked away and yet I had one BFP that made it all the way. If my blasties had been tested and shown to be bad, as they were, I think I would have given up. But there was a good one eventually (a measly grade 2 fragmented blast at that)

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    faithandhopellove  (21-11-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-11-2014)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Impressionable KidsImpressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›