+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I consider myself a good parent but I've made some bad decisions at times. You're not always prepared. Sometimes you do things that aren't ideal to get a job done. Today I turned a blind eye to my 11mo trying to eat raw onions in the pantry while I cooked dinner. I've bought DD1 lollies at the shops to get my errands done. Judge away people.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (11-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-11-2014),MsViking  (11-11-2014),Mummy5ormore  (10-11-2014),PinkPopsicle  (10-11-2014),smallpotatoes  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Just so I understand (I'm no medic) is the only reason a kid with diabetes would need a coke would be if they had extremely low blood sugar which could only be determined by a pin prick? Sorry if I'm not getting it.
    There are other symptoms of a low but knowing the exact level they would be at would require a finger prick test.

Sometimes I would think my daughter must be having a bad low and test her but she's the complete opposite and extremely high.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I consider myself a good parent but I've made some bad decisions at times. You're not always prepared. Sometimes you do things that aren't ideal to get a job done. Today I turned a blind eye to my 11mo trying to eat raw onions in the pantry while I cooked dinner. I've bought DD1 lollies at the shops to get my errands done. Judge away people.
    LOL at the onions!
    But you make a good point. Maybe the child wasn't having a hypo. But maybe the mum was super stressed, maybe she's having some general life issues that are making her life hard, and having to go to the RTA was just the icing on the cake (maybe she'd just paid her life savings away for rego ). Then to make matters worse her baby started to crack it, but she really needed to just get the job done and get out of there before she cracked it herself.

Or maybe she was just a sh!t parent. Who knows!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (10-11-2014),Purple Lily  (11-11-2014),Wise Enough  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I sincerely apologise to anyone i have offended and i apologise for posting this thread... it wasnt my intention to judge or cause friction..

i was just shocked at the coke..... i guess im just old school and a firm believer in water over soft drinks ........
    I'm sorry Louise. I jumped straight into 'not another one of these threads' mode.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never put coke in my kids bottle and use to be horrified when I saw this when I was a FTM... but now I relized eventhough it's not ideal there are much worse done to kids out there, underfed,dehydrated,poor hygiene,neglect etc. it maybe it was a case of desperate times call for desperate measures but not that big of deal to me, my kids taste coke and other sweet things now.

Edit(as usual)
    Thought of something interesting to add-
    When I only had DS1 I was so desperate for him to have healthy things only, he didn't even drink juice zero junk. Then I went back to work and he stayed with family and was exposed to everything and had all the junk foods while I was at work eventhough I asked them not to. He was hooked and gets over excited around sweets etc and no self control. When others came along I exposed them to everything good and bad from a young age and boy I notice the difference, the others can have a cup with 4cm of coke in it and be satisfied, ds1 finishes it and checks everyone's cup for left over drops, if I give them a few squares from a block of chocolate they all eat it and I find Ds1 licking the floor behind his brothers if they've dropped a pc, the others love lots more healthy fruits n veg compAred with Ds1 lol
    Last edited by Mummy5ormore; 10-11-2014 at 22:47.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy5ormore For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    That's the thing. We all get judged no matter what it is we do. Generally, someone just can't help but to voice their opinion, and usually it's because they don't think before they speak. I'm not a perfect parent. I've done plenty of things that people would judge me for. I don't care though. I'm doing what I can to survive each day. I've also bought DD lollies at the shop just to save a complete melt down and allow me to finish what I need to do. But for all people know, it may be her first lolly this year! They don't know my story or my back ground.

I try my utmost best to try not to judge others, especially when it comes to parenting, because I know just how hard this gig is. Of course, I'd probably be shocked at the first sight of seeing a toddler drinking a bottle of coke, but I certainly wouldn't vent about it online, because I simply don't know the parents story or their reasoning behind it.

All this talk of judging people always reminds me of a quote "Who are you to judge?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey this reminds me of a time DD had a bit of a cold, nothing serious, and we were up at the shops. It was really early like 8am anyway I gave DD a lollipop and WOW did I get looks from hell and back. Little did they know it was one of those SUGAR FREE homeopathic cold and flu lollipops that are suppose to relieve symptoms "naturally" yet I was looked at like id committed a crime giving a 2 year old a lollipop at 8am😂
    I had to laugh😆

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Hey this reminds me of a time DD had a bit of a cold, nothing serious, and we were up at the shops. It was really early like 8am anyway I gave DD a lollipop and WOW did I get looks from hell and back. Little did they know it was one of those SUGAR FREE homeopathic cold and flu lollipops that are suppose to relieve symptoms "naturally" yet I was looked at like id committed a crime giving a 2 year old a lollipop at 8am😂
    I had to laugh😆
    So silly we all judge at some point I guess but I think things like child neglect as something bad other things that are not so ideal I wouldn't even bother talking about it . Got funny looks for feeding my kids pancakes yesterday thought hmm if its so bad why are you eating it and also p@&$ Off atleast I feed my kids give a look to the ppl who do not feed their kids and are. 4 and weigh as much as my 7month old lol
    Last edited by Mummy5ormore; 10-11-2014 at 22:57.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy5ormore For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    But if a baby was having a hypo, would you really continue on sitting around at the RTA?
    You wouldn't have time to relocate. You would have to get something into that baby instantly. It's that dire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy5ormore View Post
    So silly we all judge at some point I guess but I think things like child neglect as something bad other things that are not so ideal I wouldn't even bother talking about it . Got funny looks for feeding my kids pancakes yesterday thought hmm if its so bad why are you eating it and also p@&$ Off atleast I feed my kids give a look to the ppl who do not feed their kids and are. 4 and weigh as much as my 7month old lol
    I give my son pancakes all the time! Ok they are banana ones with wholemeal but still... we go to macdonalds for them on the odd occasion too.

Actually... I give him most of the no-nos that have been mentioned on here.

Never really thought of any of them as bad though. Or received judgement in public (that I've noticed).

Initially I thought why is everyone so up in arms about people being judgemental but after hearing these stories of strangers tutting and giving dirty looks in public, I'm understanding why. I can't believe people can be so outright rude to parents they don't know. I don't know what I would do... people who stare at me in public for no reason get my back up even if they don't have bad intentions, so I can imagine I would get spitting mad if they were also having a go at me.