+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked
    2,731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Gift ideas for my grandson

    Hi

    My first grandchild , will be nearly 7 months at Christmas.. and i am stuck on what to get him .. I have asked my son and his GF and they respond with no idea... what ever you want is fine.... which doesnt help me in the slightest.
    I know that they want the gifts to stay here at our place

    i have bought the tupperware shape-ball thing but thats it..

    so please all you wonderful mums , please suggest away...

    i have a budget of $100 for him which i think is enough... ( yes/no)

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,978
    Thanks
    1,884
    Thanked
    954
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $100 dollars is plenty. Maybe a blow up paddle pool or some board books.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,666
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked
    3,649
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly from experience at 7 months old he would probably be just as happy with the wrapping paper itself

    But some ideas
    - books
    - spare clothes (you said parents wanted gifts left at your place, can be handy to have spare clothes on hand!)
    - activity table (the baby ones that play music etc)
    - jolly jumper/jumperoo/exersaucer

    And yep $100 is heaps!


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked
    2,731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Honestly from experience at 7 months old he would probably be just as happy with the wrapping paper itself

    But some ideas
    - books
    - spare clothes (you said parents wanted gifts left at your place, can be handy to have spare clothes on hand!)
    - activity table (the baby ones that play music etc)
    - jolly jumper/jumperoo/exersaucer

    And yep $100 is heaps!


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

    thank you,,,, what is an exersaucer?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked
    2,731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    $100 dollars is plenty. Maybe a blow up paddle pool or some board books.


    thanks.... didnt think of a pool....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,771
    Thanks
    3,120
    Thanked
    2,306
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $100 seems plenty. You've already had some great suggestions. The only other idea I can think of is a inflatable mini ball pit. I saw one at a first birthday party recently and the kids loved it! I think it came from big w.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,666
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked
    3,649
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    thank you,,,, what is an exersaucer?
    They sit in it and they can spin the seat around to see all the different toys
    Attachment 62886

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked
    2,731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    They sit in it and they can spin the seat around to see all the different toys
    Attachment 62886

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app


    ahh thats so cool........... ill definatly get him one,... he'd love it on our tiles

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    664
    Thanked
    2,731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    $100 seems plenty. You've already had some great suggestions. The only other idea I can think of is a inflatable mini ball pit. I saw one at a first birthday party recently and the kids loved it! I think it came from big w.

    oh thanks thats a good idea...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,392
    Thanks
    1,519
    Thanked
    887
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    They sit in it and they can spin the seat around to see all the different toys
    Attachment 62886

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I second this. Came very handy with both my kids.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. Low budget gift ideas for men?
    By Hollywood in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-07-2014, 22:00
  2. 30th gift ideas
    By TSW13 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 15:16
  3. Outside the box gift ideas?
    By peanutmonkey in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 22:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Vibe Natural HealthYour natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Struggling with TeenagersGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
I am...#22General Chat
Student MidwifeFirst Trimester Chat
Dashing N Delicious DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Perth mumsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT