+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate when ppl dig into the margarine, I like it smooth!

I also hate when ppl use the microwave & stop it before the timer finishes so the remaining time stays there.

My other pet hate is when my friend comes over & every time she has to comment on what she can smell eg It's really musty in here, Something smells mouldy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I'm going to visit anyone anymore.

I might need to poo, wear my shoes inside, stay too long, make my own cup of tea, be too noisy, my kids might be annoying, dig into the margarine, use someone's shampoo or conditioner, do the dishes, not do the dishes, put my used towels in the bath, not put my used towels in the bath, put the toilet seat up, not put the toilet seat up.....

I need a scotch...

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (09-11-2014),BettyW  (10-11-2014),CompareTheMeerkat  (09-11-2014),Full House  (10-11-2014),jb23  (09-11-2014),KitiK  (09-11-2014),MissMuppet  (11-11-2014),MonsterMummy  (09-11-2014),MsViking  (09-11-2014),Phony  (09-11-2014),SheWarrior  (09-11-2014),Starfish30  (09-11-2014),TheGooch  (09-11-2014),wigglepuss  (09-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    stirring my cats up. drives me absolutely insane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a friend who decided Rocking up unannounced 2 hours after i got home from hospital with my newborn, waking not just us up when we'd only just managed to doze off after being awake for 50+ hours but also waking newborn up for cuddles then refusing to hand her over to the grandparents, aunt and uncle who hadnt met her yet even though friend had held her for the past 2 hours. Oh and then despite my going back to bed for a nap hanging around for another 4 hours. Did i mention she had her son with her who was so bored he tore up our house, pulled down our curtains, let my dog out, tormented the cats and started running while screaming through my house. His mother sat watching and laughing.

Needless to say she and he are no longer welcome here. Although i had to padlock my front gate to get that point across.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeleem View Post
    I had a friend who decided Rocking up unannounced 2 hours after i got home from hospital with my newborn, waking not just us up when we'd only just managed to doze off after being awake for 50+ hours but also waking newborn up for cuddles then refusing to hand her over to the grandparents, aunt and uncle who hadnt met her yet even though friend had held her for the past 2 hours. Oh and then despite my going back to bed for a nap hanging around for another 4 hours. Did i mention she had her son with her who was so bored he tore up our house, pulled down our curtains, let my dog out, tormented the cats and started running while screaming through my house. His mother sat watching and laughing.

Needless to say she and he are no longer welcome here. Although i had to padlock my front gate to get that point across.
    😱😱😱😱

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another annoying habit is when ppl compare my stuff to theirs, like "oh look at your oven, we have a bigger oven" and "you got a new vacuum, cool. It's not as good as the dyson. We're getting a new dyson"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincesSmelanie For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincesSmelanie View Post
    Another annoying habit is when ppl compare my stuff to theirs, like "oh look at your oven, we have a bigger oven" and "you got a new vacuum, cool. It's not as good as the dyson. We're getting a new dyson"
    Oh yes! We have a friend kids who does that, but it's very much learnt from his father who compares everything we have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I don't think I'm going to visit anyone anymore.

I might need to poo, wear my shoes inside, stay too long, make my own cup of tea, be too noisy, my kids might be annoying, dig into the margarine, use someone's shampoo or conditioner, do the dishes, not do the dishes, put my used towels in the bath, not put my used towels in the bath, put the toilet seat up, not put the toilet seat up.....

I need a scotch...
    If only the 'annoying' visitors would do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincesSmelanie View Post
    We have the opposite. The relative's 12...but she gets it from her mum who does the same thing.
    "Oh wow, how did you afford THAT?" "You have SO much food in your fridge!" "You have X? We NEVER get X, it's too expensive" "How did you get so much technology?" "Why do you even HAVE a console if you don't use it? I'D use it!"
    etc. etc. etc.

ETA: Particularly annoying because, up until a week or two ago, they had a higher income than us...just spent it on different priorities and then complained about not having what we had.
    Last edited by Renn; 10-11-2014 at 13:49.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to say that I don't normally get annoyed by visitors behaviour because the only people who visit are people I love - close friends/family. And then I had a couple of people who invited themselves over and all that went out the window.

Turns out I do have a pet peeve with visitors - It gets my back up when someone invites themselves over and then criticises and judges our house/family, even if its just snide comments. Things like, 'oh wow, do you let your kids have treats every day?' because I offered chocolate cake to my guests. And 'I wish we had a Wii, you guys are so spoilt.' And the good old, 'oh my gosh your room is so messy!!' to my kids (well it might not have been so messy if we'd known you were coming and had time to tidy up).

If you visit me and are polite and friendly then I don't care if you leave the toilet seat up/down whatever. Those things don't bother me. Insulting me and my family, even by insinuation and making us feel like we don't measure up in our home is where I draw the line.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (11-11-2014),Starfish30  (11-11-2014)