Closed Thread
Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done some research about preeclampsia since yesterday as all I really knew about it was that it involved high blood pressure. Apparently early onset (prior to 32/34 weeks depending on which guideline) is much worse and also the high BP is not the actual problem it's the symptom of a problem with the placenta. So even if BP gets under control the placenta problem remains which is why it's not good for baby. I have another check up this week so will ask more questions now I have more info. I do have faith in my ob but I guess to some extent it's out of our hands.
    Here's hoping we all have a safe few weeks ahead til our little babies join us healthy and happy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's really good news. It's always a relief to have the 20 week scan and to find that everything's ok. Of course there is also the good news that ur placenta isn't as low now, must be a relief all round. My GD was diagnosed not on the basis of my fasting, but 2 hours after the Carbotest drink, fasting was normal, after the drink was elevated, but if either are elevated they would diagnose on that basis, or even both.
    @gingermillie its always good to gather the information after the initial shock of finding out something like that. You will be checked regularly now so it's better to know then at least you and baby can get the care you need.

I think my little one may have the hiccups, not sure, if feels like tapping in the same spot low down (baby was head down on my 28 week scan a couple of weeks ago), but it's too light to be punching and in a regular rhythm, just can't think what else it could be. Had it the other day as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky1977 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky1977 View Post
    @bbhope that's really good news. It's always a relief to have the 20 week scan and to find that everything's ok. Of course there is also the good news that ur placenta isn't as low now, must be a relief all round. My GD was diagnosed not on the basis of my fasting, but 2 hours after the Carbotest drink, fasting was normal, after the drink was elevated, but if either are elevated they would diagnose on that basis, or even both.
    @gingermillie its always good to gather the information after the initial shock of finding out something like that. You will be checked regularly now so it's better to know then at least you and baby can get the care you need.

I think my little one may have the hiccups, not sure, if feels like tapping in the same spot low down (baby was head down on my 28 week scan a couple of weeks ago), but it's too light to be punching and in a regular rhythm, just can't think what else it could be. Had it the other day as well.
    Yep that definitely sounds like hiccups Nicky! I am getting these most days now. Baby is head down at every scan and when I get the little taps they are right down well below my belly button close to pubic line. They are light rhythmic pulses every couple of seconds sometimes for a couple of minutes. Almost feels like a little twitch or pulse (or tap as you say) but quite faint and not kicks or pushes as they are quite rhythmic. At the moment I am loving every little move I can feel as it's reassuring! The hiccups are pretty cute too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (28-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is well!

I couldn't help jump in with the all the movement talk. I'm now 30.5 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I have a future AFL player on my hands. He is kicking and rolling constantly! It's to the point now where I can see the kicks through my belly. It's too cute!

I'm so sorry to hear a few of you are going through GD and preeclampsia. We are all over half way there and can surely get through whatever it thrown at us.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the little hiccups. Tuesday night Bub had a giant case of them so I could feel that gentle rhythmic tapping then after a few minutes Bub would do big stretches, then more little hiccups, then another lot of stretching. It seemed as though the hiccups were annoying him and he was trying to get away from them. Hubby and I both had big chuckles over it.
    im pretty sure not only is my boy a future afl star based on the ferocity of his kicks but quite probably a full forward or possibly a ruckman based on his long legs.
    Regardless, he is clearly very healthy and active.
    Take care ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak & @Essence08 future sports star in the making! Hehe glad you've got active lil men there ladies, no doubt it's reassuring!
    @lileitak How's it all going at the in laws? 😊
    @gingermillie have you had your check up yet hun?
    @bbhope great news re your scan & placenta! Am glad you're able to breath a sigh of relief now 😊

AFM: I've been feeling lots of somersaults happening inside lately & now know why - scan this week showed one bub somehow found the room to completely flip, so is now breach. Other one is still head down, quite low actually. They're both big bub's too - one in the 65th percentile & the other 95th-97th percentile. They're combined weight is almost 5kgs (10lbs+), so I'm feeling soo heavy!

Hope everyone else is doing well 💖

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

ilex  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - it's going well. I am more worried we'll never find a house in this crazy Melbourne market, that I am living with them. At least we have time on our hands.

It's great to hear that the twins are so big & healthy! (Until you have to push them out I guess... )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB the movement is so reassuring, if he goes quiet I just need to poke at my belly or give it a rub and he'll have a little wriggle and rearrange himself then back off to sleep.
    Those are some healthy sized bubs you are carrying around, hope you're not feeling too much strain on your back or pelvis. Can't be too long to go now

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Essence08 For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @lileitak & @Essence08 future sports star in the making! Hehe glad you've got active lil men there ladies, no doubt it's reassuring!
    @lileitak How's it all going at the in laws? 😊
    @gingermillie have you had your check up yet hun?
    @bbhope great news re your scan & placenta! Am glad you're able to breath a sigh of relief now 😊

AFM: I've been feeling lots of somersaults happening inside lately & now know why - scan this week showed one bub somehow found the room to completely flip, so is now breach. Other one is still head down, quite low actually. They're both big bub's too - one in the 65th percentile & the other 95th-97th percentile. They're combined weight is almost 5kgs (10lbs+), so I'm feeling soo heavy!

Hope everyone else is doing well 💖
    Thanks for asking KayzB - had my check up yesterday and BP has come down nicely on the tablets. So plan is a scan next week to check all ok and weekly monitoring and delivery at 38 weeks assuming things remain stable. So 6 weeks til we meet our little girl
    You have two healthy babies in there mumma!! hope you're feeling healthy and strong with them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (30-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!! It has been forever since I last wrote on bh. So sorry but this pregnancy has been soooo tiring and exhausting for me I have little energy to do anything! Apart from lack of energy I have had an uneventful pregnancy and I'm nearly 36 weeks and have finally started mat leave so I hope I can pop in here more often as I get ready for birth....

Confession: I was naughty and didn't do my GD test at 28wks and feel a little guilty now. I had gastro the week before (thanks to DS) and the thought of that horrible syrup and more nausea.... I just couldn't do it. My ob said he wouldn't make me do it and since I didn't get it with DS I'm probably alright, the only thing was that DS was 4.2kg and as u know large bubs are a side effect of GD....and this ones looking like another 4kg'er too but my ob scans and measures at every check up (love getting to see her) and although she is measuring 2 weeks ahead she is not a fatty there's not a lot of fat on her which u can typically see on bubs affected by GD. I must just make long babies (DS was 55cm at birth)

Bubs is head down but has been posterior the whole time, which makes me nervous as DS was posterior and had to be delivered with forceps and a spinal block. I would really like a natural normal birth this time....

I will read back over the last few pages to see where ur all at. Can't believe it's almost June!! The final countdown for some of us: teamcarts, kayzb eek!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (30-05-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-05-2015),ilex  (31-05-2015),KayzB  (30-05-2015),Ladydee  (30-05-2015),MGC Bertie  (30-05-2015),TeamCarts  (30-05-2015)