+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd tell the mother. If it was your child, would you want to know? I know I would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I told the mother and she told me to mind my own f-ing business and that Z just needs to toughen up. So that went well.

Its been that kind of week really. I can't wait til its school holidays. No expectations, no pressure, no drama.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Well I told the mother and she told me to mind my own f-ing business and that Z just needs to toughen up. So that went well.

Its been that kind of week really. I can't wait til its school holidays. No expectations, no pressure, no drama.
    Hugs. Wow all I can say is wow. Well you did your best. Hopefully the teachers will put a stop to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow nice mum z has now I feel more sorry for z! Like others said just get ur ds to play with z more to build a nomd5 there too and maybe x will realise z isn't so bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm. No wonder poor Z Is shy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Jesus what an ungrateful person, you were just being kind looking out for her son sorry she was so rude to you!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Unfortunately I think that's why it's best to stay out of such situations.
    You just never know what kind of reaction you are going to get.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's fairly awful on the mothers behalf!! You did the right thing and at least now you can be comforted knowing that you've followed appropriate avenues. And hope the teachers are more compassionate than either of those children's mothers

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh no

While I was reading along, I was thinking it would have been a good idea to approach Z's mum in a "Y has really taken to Z, but there is (insert issue) with X so I was hoping we could encourage a friendship outside of preschool that will give them a chance to build their friendship and make it easier for them to ignore X's negative behaviour."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

For what it's worth my dd1 was in a similar position to Z when she was in pre primary. As far as I know there was no physical bullying but there was a bit of exclusion. She became withdrawn and still is in year 4 even though one of the kids had since changed schools. Fortunately the mum of the other child was really good about it and we decided it was best to separate them all the following year. Having that happen so early on at school had made her anxious and weary of friendships.

I can't understand why she would say that to you but if I were that mum I would have been very appreciative that you cared.