+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's a bit fuzzy but could make most of it out. Sounds like there's no evidence of a fracture seen, but there is soft tissue swelling seen. The bit I'm not too sure about is where it says "bony contusion is seen affecting the head and neck of the talus, particularly along its dorsomedial aspect". I don't know what that means. I think it means there's evidence of bruising to the bone (?) but I'm really not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks. Here is another pic that might be easier to read. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1415444286.233149.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Basically I'm pretty sure it means he has a bruised bone on the top middle aspect as well as swelling to the muscles and tissues

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went back to the Doc yesterday who ran the report passed the Children Hospital and he has a stress fracture and a partial torn ligament and is now in a moon boot for three weeks and then reassess.

Thanks for all your advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BubblesK @theoneandonlyem @Mummy12 can I please trouble one of you for some more advice please?

DS has been in the cam boot for a week and came home from aftercare today saying his ankle is hurting through the boot. We're not sure what he's done but he's admitted to being silly at aftercare and hurting it (we think from jumping).

Do I need to take him back to the doc to get assessed to make sure he hasn't done anything further or is it not possible with the cam boot to aggravate the stress fracture further? We've taken the boot off and iced it.

Thank you for any advice you might be able to give.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uou could take hime back if you want but the injuries he has only rest or cam boot would help heal. They might re-do all scans etc to make sure no further damage and prescribe anslgesia

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (17-11-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    no advice - just

its so hard with kids and injuries like this. They cant stay off it so tend to re-injure things

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm it's a tough one. If he's jumping on it it's possible he's exacerbated his injury. If you go back to the doctor it's possible they will redo the scans which may or may not show anything different. It's also possible the doctor will just say to keep the boot on and see how it goes. I would certainly be reiterating to your DS that running, jumping etc while in the boot is not a good idea. If the pain continues, it might be worth a trip back to the GP.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we have given him a big talk about the possibility of wearing the boot longer if he doesn't start to slow down. We've also told him if he does anything more to hurt it they might put him in a proper cast - not sure they actually would but he doesn't know that!

I'll see how he is in the morning maybe as he doesn't have to wear the boot in bed and figure out whether or not to get the doc to reassess best he can or just leave it.

He's been coping so well with it that I think he's got a bit too used to it and forgotten that it's there for a reason!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I guess it is possible to make the stress fracture worse whilst wearing the boot, the treatment isn't going to change so I think icing it for the pain is the best option and he really needs to try and not play that hard whilst wearing it. Mostly that is very much easier said than done