+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Weight gain AFTER iud removal

I have read lots of posts on the net of people gaining weight due to an iud (mirena or copper) but I can't seem to find anything on gaining weight after it's removed. Most people seem to have experienced weight loss after removal.

I had my copper iud removed at the start of September. I have always been a steady weight for the 2 1/2 years I had the iud, maybe a kilo higher or lower here and there but it would always go back to my normal weight. I ended up being 2 weeks late for my period after the iud removal, and in the last 6-7 weeks I have put on almost 4 kg. i feel bloated too. I'm definitely not pregnant, I had an ultrasound to make sure there was no part of the iud remaining as I was having pain at one point similar to the pain I would get when it was in. I haven't had any change to my diet and lifestyle, I don't understand why this is happening and I'm scared it will keep going up. Help! Has anyone experienced similar problems after having an iud removed?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

1st timemama (01-02-2019),Revan82 (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel I am also experiencing weight gain from removal. Its been 2 months, still no period, feeling very bloated in my mid section and 4kgs heavier on the scales.
    Nothing has changed but the removal. Did you ever find out why or if it was connected? Sorry I know this is an old post but I cant find anything else more relevant
    TIA