+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Sorry to hear that nattie. What are your infertility issues?
    Mild endo, even though my last lap found no signs of it coming back my hormones are out of whack..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (28-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, All done and at home after my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy today. 3 small incisions on abdomen and not feeling the best. A bit sore but not unbearable, might be the drugs still in my system though. No news on results as dr was in surgery when I woke up. Hopefully get some news tomorrow. Bad news is not allowed to drive for 2 days and not allowed to do the deed for 6 whole weeks!!! Was not informed of this prior to agreeing to have the surgery lol. Hopefully I recover quicker since I'm so healthy.

I will update on this post how we go with our first time ttc after this so that others can get some info.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Kylez glad to hear all went well and you are now recovering. I had my surgery yesterday too. I found the worst thing to be the anesthetic yesterday I was so whoozy and couldn't walk properly, a nurse took me to the car in a wheelchair (talk about making a scene) my vision was also affected. Hope you get your results soon and maybe some answers. Isn't it strange different doctors give different advice, I was told I could dtd as soon as the bleeding and discomfort has eased and I am going straight into an ivf cycle too and I know my fs will encourage it then lol! Hopefully this helps us both with a bfp.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Hi @Kylez glad to hear all went well and you are now recovering. I had my surgery yesterday too. I found the worst thing to be the anesthetic yesterday I was so whoozy and couldn't walk properly, a nurse took me to the car in a wheelchair (talk about making a scene) my vision was also affected. Hope you get your results soon and maybe some answers. Isn't it strange different doctors give different advice, I was told I could dtd as soon as the bleeding and discomfort has eased and I am going straight into an ivf cycle too and I know my fs will encourage it then lol! Hopefully this helps us both with a bfp.
    Yes it's not a fun process is it, but just have to keep the end goal in mind. Have you got any results yet? It's just the paperwork that says 6 weeks, I think once the bleeding stops we will be fine. We were hoping to do iui next month so hopefully my cycle doesn't get screwed up... good luck with your next steps, let me know how you go xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?

We tried for just over 2 years (unexplained infertility). Had a laparoscopy at the end of June last year and we got our bfp in September. Don't know how much it helped but the timings are pretty close together!
    There were no issues with my tubes apparently just one that was slightly stuck to my csection scar from previous pregnancy so they sorted that out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes lets hope it makes a difference for us both. I am with Wazza and he came to the side of my bed after surgery and I remember him saying all was normal. Just before I left the nurses phoned him up so I could speak to him again but to be honest I still wasn't with it, luckily he had phoned DH after surgery too. So nothing unusual was found and he managed to do the ovarian drilling and other procedures I was in for. Hope you get your results tomorrow. Hopefully it won't affect your iui hun and you get the go ahead to start, I don't have a natural cycle at all so have started provera tablets to bring on af in around 2 weeks. I am worried about my stiches, apparently I can take them out myself in 7 days, cant see me doing that as I am not very good with stuff like that - I may go and see my GP.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Yes lets hope it makes a difference for us both. I am with Wazza and he came to the side of my bed after surgery and I remember him saying all was normal. Just before I left the nurses phoned him up so I could speak to him again but to be honest I still wasn't with it, luckily he had phoned DH after surgery too. So nothing unusual was found and he managed to do the ovarian drilling and other procedures I was in for. Hope you get your results tomorrow. Hopefully it won't affect your iui hun and you get the go ahead to start, I don't have a natural cycle at all so have started provera tablets to bring on af in around 2 weeks. I am worried about my stiches, apparently I can take them out myself in 7 days, cant see me doing that as I am not very good with stuff like that - I may go and see my GP.
    Oh wow ovarian drilling sounds painful! Are you feeling ok? Was it keyhole surgery you had? I really hope it all works out for you after this process. It's amazing the things we do and can do now days to get a baby. I would go to my gp too to get them to take out my stitches.

My stitches are dissolvable so hopefully it goes ok. My patches over them are a bit bleedy but I was told to leave them on for a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds a lot worse that it is, I have pics of my lovely ovaries with extra holes lol, have to say I have no internal pain its just the 3 wounds from keyhole surgery (yes) on my abdomen I am suffering with - probably like yourself. Oh I wish my were dissolvable it would make things do much easier. The patch on my belly button was full of blood in the hospital yesterday so I was told to change that once I got home, the other two are only slightly blood stained although I noticed one must have still been bleeding this morning. The frustrating thing is my clothes rubbing against the wounds, have been in my sleep wear since 6pm lol!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (01-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default any one else get a bfp after laparoscopy?

Yes my patches are the same. What did you put on the one on your belly button? They didn't send me home with anything. Are you off work for the rest of the week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Yes my patches are the same. What did you put on the one on your belly button? They didn't send me home with anything. Are you off work for the rest of the week?
    I was sent home with spare patches as she told me to change the belly button one straight away. I don't work I have been a stay at home mum to my DD and even though shes now in school its too hard to work with the ivf we are going through, it takes just under 2 hours to get to my clinic. How about yourself when are you returning to work? I plan on picking DD up from school tomorrow so will see how I cope with that, everyone will be avoiding me though as I am still unable to shower lol!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (01-02-2017)