+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I got a surprise natural BFP after 7 years of trying and multiple IVF failures!!
    Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shellzand this is the thread about laparoscopy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I got a surprise natural BFP after 7 years of trying and multiple IVF failures!!
    Congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @taylormacpat this is the thread

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

taylormacpat  (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I'm going to jump in this thread also.
    I'm 26 and my hubby and I have been trying for #1 for 5 months now.
    I've had irregular periods since coming off the pill after 11 years.
    I'm not sure if I've been ovulating in the last 6 months.

All of my pre-TTC tests were good. Bloods were good, ultrasound and Pap smear were all good.
    I have cystitis so I take cranberry tablets and in the last month or so I have been taking vitex.

I went to my doctor the other day and he did another scan in which he saw an empty sack on my right ovary (my right side) and thickening of my walls so he believes that I did ovulate but asked me to go get a blood test just to make sure.
    We spoke further about what to do next. If my period arrives around the 8/9/10 of April then he wants hubby to do a sperm count and he wants to do a laparoscopy.. because when I was a bit younger I got chlamydia (or however it's spelt) and he wants to make sure my tubes are okay.. also because I have some discomfort during sex in certain positions.
    And if all that is okay he wants to put me on a drug sorta like clomid.

I was feeling alright about it all until I started reading this thread! Haha

I just don't know how many days I would have to have off work (I'm a flight attendant).

I know I havnt been trying long and I'm still fairly young but would love your advice and knowledge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @taylormacpat, sorry to hear you're having difficulties at such a young age. I don't have any knowledge at all re irregular periods and lack of ovulation. Mine are bang on time.

I see some girls talk about clomid to help with ovulation. I see your doctor has talked to you about this and he is on the right track!

If you want to know if you've ovulated, just do a blood test about 7 days before your next period (if you know when that it) and your progesterone should be over 30 if you ovulated.

A laparoscopy is a great idea. They can check and make sure everything inside is normal. It will also check for endometriosis. I had a lap last week and I had stage 3 endo even though I barely had symptoms. Pain during intercourse was the only symptom I had. I am definitely a believer of a laparoscopy. It cost me about $5000 out of pocket but it was worth every cent. I had no problems at all post surgery (I had endo excised and a lated) as my doctor was excellent. I had my laparoscopy on Tuesday and went back to work the next day. There was a very tiny amount of pain at incision sight that lasted all of 20 mins. I didn't need any pain meds. My experience with a lap had been excellent and I thoroughly recommend it.

A doctor had suggested I do a lap a couple of years ago but I had no reason to do it and thought he was only after my money! I'm lucky I met a great doctor who explained why he thought I needed it, even though I didn't have any symptoms.

Wishing you the best of luck and happy to answer any other questions you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I had a laparoscopy last week and my doctor found stage 3 endo which he excised (off the left side pelvic wall, the left and right uterosacral and bladder) and ablated lesions on the surface of both my ovaries. He also did a hysterscopy and a curette.

My laparoscopy was done the day before ovulation. Does that mean my AF will be delayed given I had a D&C? I bled a little over the week, but it was mostly pink/fresh red and it was stringy.. Has anyone else experienced that? Trying to understand if it's a symptom of ovulation or if it's just part of the clear out? I haven't really had stringy cervical mucous in a while.. Anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightowlsurprise yes I had the same type of bleed / cm and same surgery as you. My period was only out by a day or so, but I think everyone is different

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

nightowlsurprise  (02-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @kylez83!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nightowlsurprise For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @taylormacpat. I had a lap about 3 weeks ago and I had 3 days off work. My pain wasn't too bad, just uncomfortable, and I probably could have gone back to work sooner if I had to but I was lucky enough to be able to have some days off.
    My periods are always regular so I can't help you there. Good luck on your TTC journey ☺

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ezzd For This Useful Post:

taylormacpat  (03-04-2017)